There are 87 users in the forums

WR Dante "Do something...anything" Pettis (claimed NYG)

Originally posted by pdfortune:
ESPN's proposed trade Kerrigan from Washington for Pettis and a 5th rounder. Sounds good if possible. I think a better chance would be a 6th rounder for Kerrigan, because I think taking Pettis of our hands requires the 49ers to sweeten the deal.

If the 49ers were 4-1, then I would do that trade
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Originally posted by pdfortune:
ESPN's proposed trade Kerrigan from Washington for Pettis and a 5th rounder. Sounds good if possible. I think a better chance would be a 6th rounder for Kerrigan, because I think taking Pettis of our hands requires the 49ers to sweeten the deal.

If the 49ers were 4-1, then I would do that trade

1 year rental isn't worth trading away draft picks. I agree if we were playoff contenders, then do the trade but at this point keep the draft pick
He's done on this team. Sucks bc he's the best punt returner in the history of college football and he breaks dbs ankles so easily. Too bad he's not close to consistent
He will probably go to the seahawks and become a first ballot hall of famer.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 49,692
Originally posted by pdizo916:
He will probably go to the seahawks and become a first ballot hall of famer.

Originally posted by Howlett49:
He flamed out

Fax
Originally posted by elguapo:
He's done on this team. Sucks bc he's the best punt returner in the history of college football and he breaks dbs ankles so easily. Too bad he's not close to consistent

Maybe just doesn't want to be here. If that's the case, then eff this loser.
  • Koldo
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 1,302
Well, well... It looks like some of us were right all this time about this guy and Solomon Thomas.

Next on the list, Jimmy, Mcs**tty and Kwon.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 12,548
the guy has not been the same since the Steelers slammed him down hard last year !!!

but, I wonder if this guy can play CB??
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 51,785
Originally posted by 9moon:
the guy has not been the same since the Steelers slammed him down hard last year !!!

but, I wonder if this guy can play CB??

No, I don't think so.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Oct 17, 2020 at 1:40 PM ]

  • mayo49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 51,785
Originally posted by Koldo:
Well, well... It looks like some of us were right all this time about this guy and Solomon Thomas.

Next on the list, Jimmy, Mcs**tty and Kwon.

Hopefully, Jimmy plays his way out of your list. McS**tty and Kwon are pretty much staying.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Oct 17, 2020 at 2:41 PM ]
Dude's spent all nine lives.
looks like kevin white will be activated from practice squad.. so probably Pettis will be inactive.
Why not just release Pettis and promote K.White to the 53? It doesn't make sense a guy that's initially on the 53 sits while a PS player of the same position suit up. He's only wasting a roster spot.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 12,548
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
Why not just release Pettis and promote K.White to the 53? It doesn't make sense a guy that's initially on the 53 sits while a PS player of the same position suit up. He's only wasting a roster spot.

AGREE!!

I have wondering about this since last year... I wonder why Shanny keeps dressing him up and to not see the field... then when he goes in there, his # isn't getting called... and you expect the guy to get his rythm going when he doesn't see the ball?

If you going to keep the guy, USE HIM... if not, trade him and MOVE ON !!

the only person I know that does that was AL DAVIS.. he did it to Marcus Allen and some other player(s) that got in his dog house...

We signed Sanu then used him for 2 weeks and got him the ball only once... We have White and Pointdexter as well as Jennings in the practice squad, why not use them and see what they can do.. It's not like Trent Williams or even Pettis is setting the league on fire..
Share 49erswebzone