WR Dante "Do something...anything" Pettis

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
Yay another midget Taylor clone

6'1" is a midget?

6'1" considered midget size then I'm a hobbit.

swing and a miss, good try

I watched him play a little, he stood out to me as being really good.
So with garçon and Goodwin on the outside doesn't this kid have to play slot?
They are inching their way to a bigger WR

Kyle likes quick twitch receivers. Get open quick.

What I want to know is ... can Pettis fight for that ball when it's in the air. I don't question Kyle in what he want out of his receivers. He seemed to know exactly what he wants and how to us them.
Love this pick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Finally, a team that knows how to pick skill players for the QB. Most teams pick talent but they don't consider the strength of the QB. Jimmy G loves the guys who can quickly shake the defender. Oh man, between Trent Taylor, Kittle and the route running ability of Garcon, and now add Pettis!!!!!

s**t going to get real for nickelbacks and linebackers because all of these guys can easily shake their defenders.

Everyone will be open in the tighter windows.

Now throw in Goodwin for the roof and Jet for the outlets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Holy s**t!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Originally posted by jreff22:
So with garçon and Goodwin on the outside doesn't this kid have to play slot?

No Taylor will, he'll back them up though and play ST. I think he will eventually take over for Garcon in a year or two if he's good enough.
@SheilKapadia: Yo 49ers fans, @FB_FilmAnalysis did a great piece where he watched film with Dante Pettis: https://t.co/1mbVpppdw9

•••••••

@shannondrayer: RT @jakemkaplan: Astros third base coach Gary Pettis is getting high fives and hugs in the dugout. His son, Dante, was just drafted by the 49ers

Originally posted by Joecool:
Love this pick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Finally, a team that knows how to pick skill players for the QB. Most teams pick talent but they don't consider the strength of the QB. Jimmy G loves the guys who can quickly shake the defender. Oh man, between Trent Taylor, Kittle and the route running ability of Garcon, and now add Pettis!!!!!

s**t going to get real for nickelbacks and linebackers because all of these guys can easily shake their defenders.

Everyone will be open in the tighter windows.

Now throw in Goodwin for the roof and Jet for the outlets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Holy s**t!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think it gives Kyle more options to play with since you can line Pettis up inside or outside and has the ability to beat defensive backs vertically. With a QB like Garoppolo throwing the football, he's going to be a pain in the ass to cover.
Not feeling this pick

if Calvin Ridley is an A, this guy is his B+ mini me... looking forward to Kyle splainin this one and why the move up
He's our Antonio Brown.
Originally posted by LisaTwelve:
@SheilKapadia: Yo 49ers fans, @FB_FilmAnalysis did a great piece where he watched film with Dante Pettis: https://t.co/1mbVpppdw9

•••••••

@shannondrayer: RT @jakemkaplan: Astros third base coach Gary Pettis is getting high fives and hugs in the dugout. His son, Dante, was just drafted by the 49ers

Lisa is a fan
For those saying yoo small for the outside - T.Y. Hilton is 3 inches shorter and 3 lbs lighter. While not prototypical, not impossible. Ridley, only had like 7 lbs on him.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

6'1" is a midget?

6'1 where I've seen 6ft 186lbs undersized also

This. 6'1" at 186 lbs is concentration camp material. That is essentially skin and bones with zero power.

What we needed was a dominant WR in the red zone, a prototypical 6'4", 6'5", 215 lbs, 220 lbs type guy who can create match-up nightmare whereby teams will have to double-team him to stand half a chance in containing him.

And what do we have now? A stick man.

I mean I appreciate they went WR to show the consideration for the position was there, but hell the final player choice was just terrible unfortunately.
Share 49ersWebzone