LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 359 users in the forums

Mike McGlinchey-OT-Denver Broncos

Shop 49ers game tickets
Good for him, the wear and tear these athletes endure, take the money when it comes. I hope he does well in Denver.
  • titan
  • Veteran
Not sure what the going rate is for a RT, but McGlinchey is not worth that.
Will be rooting for him in Denver, definitely think the fanbase as a whole was a little too rough on him while he was here but gave us a lot of productive seasons.

Excited to see that side of the line and what we do with it.
  • dj43
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Kind of proves you guys WRONG. He wouldn't get a huge deal if he wasn't a good Tackle.

FO give out terrible contracts every year in every sport.

There are still 6 RTs that are making as much or more, and three more that will jump past him when they extend next season. This deal is not out of line with others in the league.
https://www.aol.com/nfl-free-agency-day-1-012046994.html
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Redandgoldsf:
Oh my lord that is obscene for a very average tackle.

People who say stuff like this don't really appreciate the horrible state of OL play in the NFL overall. McGlinchey isn't a top tackle but he's absolutely above average.

Multiple people have stated. I said he was going to get 15 million plus and look, his contract is nearly 18 APY. Anyone still calling him average of bad is pulling a "la la la, I'm not listening to you" number.
Originally posted by titan:
Not sure what the going rate is for a RT, but McGlinchey is not worth that.

So this is what denial looks like.
Me next season watching McG try to hold up in pass pro for 8 seconds while Russ does his squirrel impersonation --->
[ Edited by 49erFaithful6 on Mar 14, 2023 at 11:30 AM ]
the "two words" coaching staff WILL make mcglinchey look very good
[ Edited by picklejuice on Mar 14, 2023 at 12:08 PM ]
  • dj43
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Redandgoldsf:
Oh my lord that is obscene for a very average tackle.

People who say stuff like this don't really appreciate the horrible state of OL play in the NFL overall. McGlinchey isn't a top tackle but he's absolutely above average.

Multiple people have stated. I said he was going to get 15 million plus and look, his contract is nearly 18 APY. Anyone still calling him average of bad is pulling a "la la la, I'm not listening to you" number.

Looking around at what other OTs have received so far, McGlinchey's deal fits in well. That is the price you pay for a good, not elite OT.

Wait until we see what Tunsil gets.

Russell Wilson is arguably the most difficult QB to block for in the entire league because he constantly changes the drop inside the pocket. Good luck to McFloppy. He's going to need it.
Originally posted by Heroism:
Russell Wilson is arguably the most difficult QB to block for in the entire league because he constantly changes the drop inside the pocket. Good luck to McFloppy. He's going to need it.

It will be easier since Wilson doesn't have those early 2010s jukes anymore.
Ran into him at Starbucks this morning. Nice guy
This article gave me an increased amount of respect for McG:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/35926950/mike-mcglinchey-shares-being-top-free-agent-experience-nfl-denver-broncos
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Ran into him at Starbucks this morning. Nice guy

That's awesome. I hope you lied to him and told him he was a great player
Share 49ersWebzone