LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 373 users in the forums

Mike McGlinchey-OT-Denver Broncos

Shop 49ers game tickets
Another thing that makes me not want to overpay for mediocre to average offensive linemen is the leagues refusal to call offensive holding but 1 to 2 times a game. They simply don't call it because they want offense.
With RW as his QB all he needs is run blocking...amirite?
  • pdc20
  • Veteran
I´m happy for him. He signed a big contract. Good for him. He played decently with the Niners. I wish he was better on Pass Pro. That being said, I´m glad the Niners didn´t re-sign him at that price.
McGlinchey was a first round pick and someone they really thought was gonna be one of the franchise guys of the team. It´s good to see that John Lynch and Kyle weren´t too stubborn and just let him go. I´m sure they will find a RT that will be solid enough for way less money.
I´m definetely giving a big fat contract to Javon Hargrave and not Mike.
Happy for him. He is a good guy. I wish him nothing but the best. I would have liked to keep him but would not have wanted to pay him anything close to that contract.
  • dj43
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by dj43:
Niner fans should be hoping and praying McKivitz will be as good.

I hope McKivitz isn't the fallback option, that's a huge dropoff.

Yep, the MM naysayers may regret their angst.
  • dj43
For comparison, Jawaan Taylor got a four-year, $80M deal, with a $60M guarantee, from the Chiefs.
Haha Grant Cohn is so damn wrecked over McGlinchy's deal. He hates him even more now after becoming a not-49er. I don't know how to stress enough Cohn is easily the biggest f**king loser who somehow got credentials to cover the team. It's like he doesn't even get what the hell the going rate is for at least a good OT.
Mcglinchey got the bag lol....
Originally posted by ninerjok:
Haha Grant Cohn is so damn wrecked over McGlinchy's deal. He hates him even more now after becoming a not-49er. I don't know how to stress enough Cohn is easily the biggest f**king loser who somehow got credentials to cover the team. It's like he doesn't even get what the hell the going rate is for at least a good OT.

Daddy got him the credentials.
Timing in life is everything. MM got the bag in a market where he was one of the top 3 options available at OT. Good for him. Wishing him luck with the Broncos. Now, it's time to find his replacement.

Originally posted by glorydayz:

This.
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Originally posted by glorydayz:

This.

It's pretty easy to not click on his stuff for people who hate him so much lol
I won't miss his horrible pass protection or his ability to always either hold or give up a sack at the worst possible time especially during the clutch. Amazing run blocker though.
Kind of proves you guys WRONG. He wouldn't get a huge deal if he wasn't a good Tackle.
[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Mar 13, 2023 at 7:16 PM ]
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Kind of proves you guys WRONG. He wouldn't get a huge deal if he wasn't a good Tackle.

FO give out terrible contracts every year in every sport.
Share 49ersWebzone