LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 205 users in the forums

Mike McGlinchey-OT-Denver Broncos

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by father49er:
Move to NFL forum?

Right? Jimmy got moved super fast but McGlinchey gets to stay? Maybe they're still waiting for him to land from when Parsons threw him.
It's telling that we spent the money on Hargrave instead of offensive line
Is this going to be an annual theme now? DEN signs our FA O lineman.
Originally posted by Youngone:

What OT in FA was worth that kind of money?

Hargrave is a better player than McGlinchey. If there was a Hargrave level center or tackle they might spend it.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Redandgoldsf:
Oh my lord that is obscene for a very average tackle.

People who say stuff like this don't really appreciate the horrible state of OL play in the NFL overall. McGlinchey isn't a top tackle but he's absolutely above average.

I agree he's decent but he's simply not worth 5 years and 87.5 million with 50 million guaranteed.

I feel like it's always been our MO to invest heavily in the defensive line. 2019's d-line boasted 5 former first round picks in Bosa, DeFo, AA, Solomon Thomas, and Dee Ford (acquired via trade).

For better or worse, we chose to do that than to go the route the Cowboys went 10 years ago when they heavily invested in their offensive line.
Haha 🤣🤣🤣 glad he's gonna get R Wilson injured due to his lack of pass blocking 😂
Originally posted by Furlow:
Originally posted by father49er:
Move to NFL forum?

Right? Jimmy got moved super fast but McGlinchey gets to stay? Maybe they're still waiting for him to land from when Parsons threw him.

Originally posted by SanFranFanfrmVa:
I agree he's decent but he's simply not worth 5 years and 87.5 million with 50 million guaranteed.

That I agree with. I hope they have some good candidates in mind in the draft, its not a very good tackle class but there will be a couple that fit this scheme well in the 3rd-4th rounds.

Originally posted by SanFranFanfrmVa:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Redandgoldsf:
Oh my lord that is obscene for a very average tackle.

People who say stuff like this don't really appreciate the horrible state of OL play in the NFL overall. McGlinchey isn't a top tackle but he's absolutely above average.

The 49ers agreed with you
  • dmax
  • Veteran

we need to shore up our oline...THAT SHOULD BE TOP PRIORITY
Originally posted by DrippinGoldnRed805:
Haha 🤣🤣🤣 glad he's gonna get R Wilson injured due to his lack of pass blocking 😂

Watch him end up a pro bowler next season.
Best of luck to McGlinchey in Denver.

I'd sacrifice 10-20% of his run blocking ability to gain 10-20% in the pass blocking at RT.
Big O, former Niner Coach Orlando Franklin doesn't sounds too happy out here in Denver about this pick up. He knows exactly who he is
Share 49ersWebzone