LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 244 users in the forums

Mike McGlinchey-OT-Denver Broncos

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • dj43
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by thl408:
I remember on draft day when the 49ers drafted McG while the Raiders had to "settle" for Kolton Miller, and we laughed at the Raiders for that.

I actually thought about that today. I think Mike is a good player, but boy is that a whiff by us.
Originally posted by dmax:
anyone is betther than this dude

You gotta watch some other teams.

I think the "whiff" began by putting too much confidence in Notre Dame's history of producing good OL. Further, McGlinchey benefitted from playing alongside Quentin Nelson. Nelson was/is a stud and just controlled all the ground inside of Mc. Hence, all Mike had to do was patrol the outside. Since coming to SF, he not only had to learn to play on the right, he also has never had a qualtiy guard inside him. That has shown up multiple times where it looks like one or the other, or both are guessing at who to block.

I hope that situation is made better next season by an improved Spencer Burford. If so, I believe we will see an even more improved MM. MM is good, he just isn't Quentin Nelson good.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:

He got "manhandled" right there.
  • dj43
Originally posted by Sickaa:

One play. One. Play.

From that same game, I could show you half a dozen plays in which he manhandled other Dallas DL.
I am going to take a gamble and say we can find a kid in the draft that doesn't make us miss McGlinchey on a 3rd and long.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
I am going to take a gamble and say we can find a kid in the draft that doesn't make us miss McGlinchey on a 3rd and long.

IF we have the money, I say sign the best RT available. We are a contending team and we need someone who can start right now.

I wonder if Kojak would trade his RT to us for Deevah and AA?
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by Sickaa:

One play. One. Play.

From that same game, I could show you half a dozen plays in which he manhandled other Dallas DL.

yessir. just one snap of like 60 or so
Originally posted by 9moon:

IF we have the money, I say sign the best RT available. We are a contending team and we need someone who can start right now.

Why not try to trade Kittle or CMC straight up for his RT?
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by glorydayz:

Kittle - .. I would, if that RT is Becton... TE can be found year in and year out.. in fact there's a kid from UCLA (Bobo) that could be a solid draft as a 3rd rounder..

Kittle - .. I would, if that RT is Becton... TE can be found year in and year out.. in fact there's a kid from UCLA (Bobo) that could be a solid draft as a 3rd rounder..

what the living bleep are you smoking?

85 Kittle.. one of the TEAM LEADERS and a dominator with BP at QB.. for the Kinlaw of O-line..

what the heck is this bleep?
PFR is telling me Becton has played 1 game in the last two seasons and dude would trade Kittle

• dj43
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
PFR is telling me Becton has played 1 game in the last two seasons and dude would trade Kittle

We have one of the better RTs in the league. The only question is; can we afford to pay him as one?

I don't think we can, but if we did, huge win for the FO and coaching staff.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

what the living bleep are you smoking?

85 Kittle.. one of the TEAM LEADERS and a dominator with BP at QB.. for the Kinlaw of O-line..

what the heck is this bleep?

Just leave him be lol. We've all learned to just laugh or ignore him
He can come back, but not for his current market price. I'm sure some team will overspend, but he should not make more than 10 mil a year with us.
Peace out
Share 49ersWebzone