LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 372 users in the forums

Jeremiah Attaochu

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
This guy has to show up - major disappointment if he doesn't show something these next two preseason games.
  • dj43
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by NCommand:
In re-watching it, Attaochu did a good job setting the edge on runs.

His pass rush was just a straight (power?) rush with no attempt at all to dip or twist or anything else. It almost appeared as though he had been told to show nothing so there would be no film on him. I think we will see more moves than that when the games count.

Great, move him to SAM, cut Harold and bring back Elvis to rush off the strong side like last year in nickel. Attaochu can spell him as needed.

That may be an option. My point was that he showed enough to demonstrate he can be effective when all the pieces are in place. I just don't see Dumervil as an effective player anymore. Giving him a roster spot that could better be invested in a young player to develop does not make sense.

We will know a lot more after this next game when the 1s will see more PT.

I would agree I just don't see the young player on our roster worth developing. You can find plenty of guys who can hold up versus the run.

It may not be a run defender. Right now I see a couple of young WRs that may be worth more than Dumervil. It may be that he would take the place of a valuable ST guy like Mostert. ???
Originally posted by mayo49:
This guy has to show up - major disappointment if he doesn't show something these next two preseason games.

Saw a few clips where he did some good things. It's somen on his first game back. Need to see a good outing Vs the Colts no doubt doe.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:

Saw a few clips where he did some good things. It's somen on his first game back. Need to see a good outing Vs the Colts no doubt doe.

Yeah, he can still recover and make the squad.

I think he's definitely a lock regardless.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

I think he's definitely a lock regardless.

Yeah, I agree.
He's been disappointing up to this point. We have guys on this squad who can set the edge against the run and disappear on passing plays.
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by NCommand:
In re-watching it, Attaochu did a good job setting the edge on runs.

His pass rush was just a straight (power?) rush with no attempt at all to dip or twist or anything else. It almost appeared as though he had been told to show nothing so there would be no film on him. I think we will see more moves than that when the games count.

Great, move him to SAM, cut Harold and bring back Elvis to rush off the strong side like last year in nickel. Attaochu can spell him as needed.

That may be an option. My point was that he showed enough to demonstrate he can be effective when all the pieces are in place. I just don't see Dumervil as an effective player anymore. Giving him a roster spot that could better be invested in a young player to develop does not make sense.

We will know a lot more after this next game when the 1s will see more PT.

I would agree I just don't see the young player on our roster worth developing. You can find plenty of guys who can hold up versus the run.

What young ER players?
Originally posted by PacTiger:
He's been disappointing up to this point. We have guys on this squad who can set the edge against the run and disappear on passing plays.

Yeah, we have a billion of those guys.
He will be better and play a lot more during the season, he's a beast when healthy, I truly believe he will show up big..

• mayo49
  • Veteran
I'm waiting for Jeremiah to pop.
Showed some more flashing today. Can't wait to re-watch and key in on him.
He's alive. He will be a backup and have 2-3 sacks for us this year
  • dj43
Originally posted by StubbyNBY:

He will be more than that. Once the interior guys get settled, there will be no way teams can chip him. He has the physical ability. The one spin move last night was awesome. Showed ability big time.
Originally posted by StubbyNBY:

He will be more than that. Once the interior guys get settled, there will be no way teams can chip him. He has the physical ability. The one spin move last night was awesome. Showed ability big time.

Yeah, he'll be the strong side ER in nickel which should mean he's on the field 60-70% of the time.
Share 49ersWebzone