LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 221 users in the forums

Jeremiah Attaochu

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Sunshine:
I'm with you jd. Pettis is looking like a future stud- is it just me or does he seem to be a similar receiver to Odell?

No idea how this turned into a Pettis thread, but it may as well, Attaochu looks garbage, runs straight ahead with no counter moves or burst. Pita T was much better with fewer reps against the same crappy opposition.
[ Edited by 49erBigMac on Aug 19, 2018 at 4:10 PM ]
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Originally posted by Sunshine:
Originally posted by jonnydel:
And from the looks of it I'd still take Pettis over Landry.

If Landry turns out awesome, then you can say you were right but you've been on the, "I wish they'd taken landry" train since early in day 2 of the draft.

I'm with you jd. Pettis is looking like a future stud- is it just me or does he seem to be a similar receiver to Odell?

Yep that's what I was telling my dad last week.
I've been saying the same thing to myself, both are insane route runners and have similar builds

Reminds me of chad Johnson when he was good
I was surprised that Attaochu was playing SAM instead of DE, but apparently that was his position when he was playing good in San Diego 2014-16.

Not as if the team is swamped with talent there (Eli, Pita, Nzeocha).
  • dj43
In re-watching it, Attaochu did a good job setting the edge on runs.

His pass rush was just a straight (power?) rush with no attempt at all to dip or twist or anything else. It almost appeared as though he had been told to show nothing so there would be no film on him. I think we will see more moves than that when the games count.
[ Edited by dj43 on Aug 20, 2018 at 9:38 PM ]
Originally posted by dj43:

His pass rush was just a straight (power?) rush with no attempt at all to dip or twist or anything else. It almost appeared as though he had been told to show nothing so there would be no film on him. I think we will see more moves than that when the games count.

🙏
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:

🙏

Here's hoping.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WestCoastForever:
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:

🙏

Here's hoping.

I think he did one or two speed rushes from the Sam/big end position and got around the OT, but he was pushed out and in several plays the RB chip blocked him to slow him down. So, clearly the Texans were wary of him. Not so much Marsh or Pita though.
  • Buchy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Buchy:
Slow down guys, it was his first live game reps after knee surgery, he's just back to practicing - he's well behind the pace so lets not write him off yet.

If he's playing the same way in the 4th preseason game then we worry far more.

Attaochu had knee surgery?

He's definitely been injured and had surgery in the off-season, I mightjave confused the injury with that of Cooper but I remember Attaochu did have an injury and he didn't take part the first week of pre-season
Slow down guys, it was his first live game reps after knee surgery, he's just back to practicing - he's well behind the pace so lets not write him off yet.

If he's playing the same way in the 4th preseason game then we worry far more.

Attaochu had knee surgery?

He's definitely been injured and had surgery in the off-season, I mightjave confused the injury with that of Cooper but I remember Attaochu did have an injury and he didn't take part the first week of pre-season

Oh OK...yeah, that was Cooper but yes, he's had a lot of nagging injuries including a groin right now.

Great, move him to SAM, cut Harold and bring back Elvis to rush off the strong side like last year in nickel. Attaochu can spell him as needed.
I think Attaochu showed some potential. I'd be interested to see how he does when we've got our 1st string D-Line out there eating up blockers. The guys got some talent for sure.
Hope you're right 418 but so far .... disappointing
[ Edited by swaccmac1 on Aug 21, 2018 at 8:50 AM ]
  • dj43

Great, move him to SAM, cut Harold and bring back Elvis to rush off the strong side like last year in nickel. Attaochu can spell him as needed.

That may be an option. My point was that he showed enough to demonstrate he can be effective when all the pieces are in place. I just don't see Dumervil as an effective player anymore. Giving him a roster spot that could better be invested in a young player to develop does not make sense.

We will know a lot more after this next game when the 1s will see more PT.

That may be an option. My point was that he showed enough to demonstrate he can be effective when all the pieces are in place. I just don't see Dumervil as an effective player anymore. Giving him a roster spot that could better be invested in a young player to develop does not make sense.

We will know a lot more after this next game when the 1s will see more PT.

I would agree I just don't see the young player on our roster worth developing. You can find plenty of guys who can hold up versus the run.
Share 49ersWebzone