LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 234 users in the forums

Jeremiah Attaochu

Shop 49ers game tickets
Think he'd be a great, low cost addition.. Never really got his chance with the Chargers, but still has a ton of potential and only just turned 25 years old..
[ Edited by dj43 on Sep 1, 2018 at 8:00 PM ]
Originally posted by Cooper22:
Think he'd be a great, low cost addition.. Never really got his chance with the Chargers, but still has a ton of potential and only just turned 25 years old..

For sure!
I'm on board. Hopefully a guy we can get for a reasonable deal. We offer something unique in that there is a starting job available on a potentially good team.
Best idea so far to address the pass rush. Ansah gone, Murphy gone, Clayborn is an anomoly. I say lets give this young man a try. Seems productive looking at his stats. Only 25. Could be affordable. It looks like his last full season was 2015. He had 50+ tackles and 6 sacs.
[ Edited by NinerLgnd on Mar 15, 2018 at 6:33 AM ]
Personally, I don't think he'd add much. We'd get a guy with a 5-6 sack ceiling that has been injured a lot. He's a more natural SAM and even if we added him he'd be hard pressed to beat out Eli.

Based on recent contracts he could be relatively expensive depth player. If so, I'd rather see a guy added in the draft to fill this roll and someone who may have a higher ceiling.

Now, if we could sign him for around 2M/yr I think that he'd be a nice stopgap when Eli leaves next year.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by strickac:
Personally, I don't think he'd add much. We'd get a guy with a 5-6 sack ceiling that has been injured a lot. He's a more natural SAM and even if we added him he'd be hard pressed to beat out Eli.

Based on recent contracts he could be relatively expensive depth player. If so, I'd rather see a guy added in the draft to fill this roll and someone who may have a higher ceiling.

Now, if we could sign him for around 2M/yr I think that he'd be a nice stopgap when Eli leaves next year.

Gus Bradley and Robert Saleh are buddies. Worked together in JAX and was going to work together in LA as Saleh was the LB coach for a minute before we hired him as our DC.

I'm sure Saleh consulted Bradley and realized he's not an ideal target for us.
[ Edited by GEEK on Mar 15, 2018 at 7:16 AM ]
[ Edited by Heroism on Mar 15, 2018 at 2:51 PM ]
Championship
Yay!
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Heroism:
RIP Eli

Played in 12 games... The last two seasons...

Tell me how to feel.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Championship

One year prove it deal for a young pass rusher. A move with a lot of upside. I like it
Good competition at LB/DE/ER.
[ Edited by captveg on Mar 15, 2018 at 2:34 PM ]
  • thl408
This signing is nothing to sneeze at. (joke about his last name)
Good call on this one Cooper!
Share 49ersWebzone