LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 188 users in the forums

Trent Murphy-DE - Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
[ Edited by NCommand on Mar 13, 2018 at 11:46 AM ]
Originally posted by NCommand:

i love it
Hope this happens. Any consistent pass rushing threat will make everyone better.

Can't believe this hasn't been brought up yet
Originally posted by illinois9er:

Can't believe this hasn't been brought up yet

Yeah, Great point
The really interesting thing is, we have what, basically 8 starting DLs, but no EDGE rusher. Lot of guys tried out, nobody really fit. But what we DO have is maybe one of the top 3 DLs in the league... That's what 3 1st rd picks in a row, plus all high ones, will do. And all were on DL. But we just lack one piece , an EDGE. Thing is he doesn't have to be the best out there, he just has to bring consistent pressure. Jeez we got 8 or 9 guys that do a good job on the DL. Just lacking EDGE. He doesn't have to be Ansah nor DeMarcus. Our DL is stiff enough to take on anybody. But just that one tiny (ok huge) lack...ER or DE. Then in draft assuming we plan to nail down a couple of the OGs in top 70 picks, (we got an extra 3rd right now which looks HUGE), we can go ahead and take Landry if we want, and have a stud muffin pair of DEs...which i really would like...or Roquan...or Nelson(unlikely to be around) . But the other two, wow, and then match that with the "Tent". Now THAT could make for one interesting DL.

Then we would have to score a pair of LBs (at least), hopefully one in FA, altho i am uncertain as to is there anyone we really like there. Obviously we have to buy or draft another starting CB, as RS is in doubt until the moment he proves he isn't. I think TC is just WAY too hopeful. I wish, but doubt it.. So drafting Murphy right now is a dead on great idea.

A brief mention of peds and ACL injury with a bit different view:

As a physician, i am very opposed to PEDS. They are unfair, and dangerous to long term use..Just ask Lyle Alzaodo's family. EXCEPT FOR:

Were i a NFL player, a good one, and had a serious injury like ACL, and i knew that PEDS in that circumstance could help me repair better and quicker, would i use them ....short term ...that is post op and rehab period.? Well, I'll never know because i never had the talent and i am way past NFL days. But if i had been in Trent's shoes, would I have used them? IDK, but honestly, i would have to give it a lot of thot as to why not do everything i could to heal quicker. My window in the NFL averages 5 yrs. And with that in mind, no telling what choice i would make, but someone else who did? I couldn't find fault with that.

Now the obvious glitch here is once started, then dependence even when he has healed, and no, there is no answer to that rebuke. I am just saying, i am not all that bothered by a guy with ACL ( i think ) who used peds post op. On that, i cannot fault a NFL player, knowing full well it is illegal. But this is a lot different than other drugs, as this one actually helps in the post op wound healing phase. So before throwing rocks, (and i am not sure this is exactly what happened, but if so, i understand why), check first to see if your house is built of glass...or not.

Should we get him? Hell yeah.

I disagree
Originally posted by GhostOfBaalke:
I disagree

Why
One of the remaining FA that interests me.
[ Edited by Heroism on Mar 13, 2018 at 1:55 PM ]
Originally posted by StubbyNBY:
I disagree

Why

Because .

Originally posted by 49ers808:
I disagree

Why

Because .

Because why?
Originally posted by Heroism:

You don't like Okafor?
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
Originally posted by 49ers808:

I disagree

Why

Because .

Because why?

Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
Originally posted by Heroism:

You don't like Okafor?

No
Any News on Murphy? i actually really like the idea of him in a 49ers uniform.
Share 49ersWebzone