Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by jcs:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by Dillesq:
Originally posted by cjsmoove:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by Fincham11:
Just heard he didn't play because he missed curfew and was caught with weed.

So why did he play a snap then? Odd.

Here's the tweet

Well...I was just thinking how we can Improve our secondary but this about closes this thread..lol sorry folks.

I just don't believe this. I think this is a planted story. No way a guy who's never done anything just all of a sudden decides to go on a bender during the super bowl.

Seems unlikely.

Maybe he just never got caught before
It's a tweet from a 3rd party source...highly reliable....

While this story may be true ill wait till i get better informant then from joeypigskins who tweeted a horrible game of telephone
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Fresh49:
Originally posted by evil:
Via Ian Rapaport :

My understanding is the benching of #Patriots CB Malcolm Butler happened because of a perfect storm of issues: Sickness, a rough week of practice, and a minor rule violation believed to be related to curfew. A complicated matter.

So he and Rowe find out that he will be sitting the entire SB prior to the game? Totally mishandled smh.

Rowe gets the nod earlier in the week in practice w 1st team reps makes more sense if thats the case .

You just jumped to conclusions. The curfew matter could have been the final straw and happened Saturday night when practices were already completed.

Without knowing the details, we do not know if it was mishandled or not.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by teylo31:
While this story may be true ill wait till i get better informant then from joeypigskins who tweeted a horrible game of telephone

Rapaport already tweeted about it and was posted a page back.
Via Ian Rapaport :

My understanding is the benching of #Patriots CB Malcolm Butler happened because of a perfect storm of issues: Sickness, a rough week of practice, and a minor rule violation believed to be related to curfew. A complicated matter.

So he and Rowe find out that he will be sitting the entire SB prior to the game? Totally mishandled smh.

Rowe gets the nod earlier in the week in practice w 1st team reps makes more sense if thats the case .

You just jumped to conclusions. The curfew matter could have been the final straw and happened Saturday night when practices were already completed.

Without knowing the details, we do not know if it was mishandled or not.

BS, it was mishandled. You dont do it right at the anthem. Period.
  • evil
  • Veteran

They did it after warmups from what I have seen, not right at the anthem.

And we do not know what happened after warmups and before they took the field at 630. There could be more to the story for all we know.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Via Ian Rapaport :

He also missed the team flight and had to get to Minn on a chartered jet.

They did it after warmups from what I have seen, not right at the anthem.

And we do not know what happened after warmups and before they took the field at 630. There could be more to the story for all we know.

Ive heard numerous accounts that Butler heard it prior to the anthem. The other guy right before kickoff. That is irrelevant tho, for BB reasons of "matchups" you do that long before then. And especially if an infraction didnt happen that afternoon, after walkthroughs, the timing is BS. Period.
  • evil
  • Veteran

Fwiw he was sick. So long as he had permission to arrive late then it is fine, but we do not know that.

Ive heard numerous accounts that Butler heard it prior to the anthem. The other guy right before kickoff. That is irrelevant tho, for BB reasons of "matchups" you do that long before then. And especially if an infraction didnt happen that afternoon, after walkthroughs, the timing is BS. Period.

But we do not know if an infraction happened that afternoon or not. Which is why jumping to conclusions, taking sides and pointing fingers as to who is right and wrong is doing so without knowing all of the facts.
  • dj43

Fwiw he was sick. So long as he had permission to arrive late then it is fine, but we do not know that.

But we do not know if an infraction happened that afternoon or not. Which is why jumping to conclusions, taking sides and pointing fingers as to who is right and wrong is doing so without knowing all of the facts.

I agree we should all wait for details to come out.

One thing we do know; if you play for Bill Belichick you know everyone is on a short leash. For example, two years ago in the middle of the season he shipped his best linebacker to Cleveland for "free lancing" too much on defense.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
So....nothing

I'll still take him.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by njninersfan420:
Pretty crazy they sit their best cb in the super bowl and allow 41 points in a loss where Brady threw for 500 yards and 3 tds. Former pat Brandon browner posted multiple Instagram posts calling out belichek, one of which was liked by current pat donta hightower.

He hasnt been their best CB all season. Its been Gilmore and its not really close. But why he wasn't out there instead of a guy like Bademosi is beyond me.

#Belichick #MenoPause #MidLifeCrisis

Billy Boy got pissed off at Kraft
Pot, Curfew, words with the asst. coaches, not kissing Belichicks' ring, making a pass at Gisele, who knows? All I know was that they needed one play from their secondary and didn't get it. Butler is one guy that could come up with a big play and he was on the sidelines. The guy is gone after the game, no excuses, Belichick blew it.
Makes me wonder if it was more of an instinctive decision by BB not to play Butler. Don't coaches do that sometimes too.

Woke up early morning hours before the game. s**t, my mind and heart are cleared. I'm going with Rowe over Butler. Something tells me we will be better with Rowe.

Malcom, God spoke to BB.
Hopefully this damn dynasty is over.
Share 49ersWebzone