LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 291 users in the forums

Is Chris Collinsworth Belichick's bi**?

Shop 49ers game tickets

Is Chris Collinsworth Belichick's bi**?

Originally posted by LenCat:
Chris "Joe Montana has MY ring" Collingsworthless can suck a massive bloated diseased brontosaurus pecker

Rings
Originally posted by a49erfan77:
CC is terrible, but I agree that the first TD should not have stood. Ball was moving.

Disagree it was never loose imo. The ball can move and you can still have complete control of it. The Ertz debate was a flat out joke. He took at least 3-4 strides and a self initiated leap.

I had some windshield time today and was listening to a few different talking heads. Collinsworth was pretty much universally getting chit. Most people agreed he was trying too hard to influence his desired outcome.
  • kem99
  • Veteran
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Did this guy create pro-New England controversy where there was none?

Ertz took three steps with the ball and crossed the plane of the goal with the ball in his hands. Collinsworth: "That's got to be overturned."

Clement catches the ball clean drags a foot, takes a step in bounds. Ball is fine. No bobble. Collinsworth: "How can that stand."

Cmon dude. You got to be kidding. How can you create controversy like that on plays that are clear cut touchdowns on any game day in the last 80 years of football.

stfu and kiss belichecks flabby butt in your own private bedroom. Thank you.

The "catch rule" and determinations of what is and what is not a catch anymore are so unpredictable that it would not have surprised me if the call was overturned. I don't disagree with the evaluation that Ertz caught the ball, took 3 steps, went to the ground while breaking the plane of the goal line, lost the ball and then re-caught it, so it should be a TD, but the evaluation of what "going to ground" and having control means anymore has gotten so contrived, I don't think there is any way you can look at any play where those elements exist and come away real confident with how the NFL execs in New York will rule on a call. Frankly, it would shock me that if the same play happens in a Week 3 game between the Eagles and Redskins it ends up getting overturned. After all, is this play really that much different than the Jesse James play in the Steelers-Pats game. He didn't have the 3 steps but he caught the ball, had control, and turned to lunge toward the goal line and lost control when the ball hit the ground in doing so and that was called an incomplete pass.
Originally posted by kem99:
The "catch rule" and determinations of what is and what is not a catch anymore are so unpredictable that it would not have surprised me if the call was overturned. I don't disagree with the evaluation that Ertz caught the ball, took 3 steps, went to the ground while breaking the plane of the goal line, lost the ball and then re-caught it, so it should be a TD, but the evaluation of what "going to ground" and having control means anymore has gotten so contrived, I don't think there is any way you can look at any play where those elements exist and come away real confident with how the NFL execs in New York will rule on a call. Frankly, it would shock me that if the same play happens in a Week 3 game between the Eagles and Redskins it ends up getting overturned. After all, is this play really that much different than the Jesse James play in the Steelers-Pats game. He didn't have the 3 steps but he caught the ball, had control, and turned to lunge toward the goal line and lost control when the ball hit the ground in doing so and that was called an incomplete pass.

Taking those steps is the difference. I think him running after catching the ball establishes him as a runner by definition ... lol.
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
And somehow, people on this board hate Tony Romo as the color man.

They both suck
He embarrassed himself last night.
3 worst announcers

Collinsworth, Buck, Romo
[ Edited by ninerfan4life on Feb 5, 2018 at 3:21 PM ]
He's just a b***h in general.
While I'd agree Colinsworth's not the best analyst around, after the offensive fireworks that set all time SB/playoff records all you can do is talk about CC? Wow
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
Originally posted by kem99:

Taking those steps is the difference. I think him running after catching the ball establishes him as a runner by definition ... lol.

It makes a big difference. Like the play when cooks got dead. He made a couple moves no longer making him a defenseless wr

"I'm stunned"

He was insufferable during the game last night
Originally posted by captveg:
Originally posted by a49erfan77:
CC is terrible, but I agree that the first TD should not have stood. Ball was moving.

It was moving an incremental amount. When you need slowmo and six angles to see such a minor movement and only then want to overturn the call then replay is no longer serving the game. The ball is gonna move when a player is in the process of catching it. Yes, it moved, but it wasn't bobbled. If it doesn't bobble it should be considered in possession.

Completely agree on this point. The technology has changed where balls are marked and catch rulings in completely unhelpful ways that don't promote the sport. Remember when a guy falling into the end zone scored a td regardless of whether his knee hit the ground a nanosecond before the ball crossed the plane of the goal? Who cares right? It was a TD. Move on.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Collinsworth had zero business calling the SB. What an awful announcer.

+1.
  • NeKro
  • ArmyHoe
Originally posted by LayTheWoodall:
"I'm stunned"

He was insufferable during the game last night

He had money on the game.
I couldn't believe him and Al Michaels thought the Ertz TD was actually a controversial call. Its like they were just trying to make up drama when there was none. They were awful all game.
Share 49ersWebzone