LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 215 users in the forums

Pat Mahomes and the Kansas City Swifties Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Pat Mahomes is a stud, and probably favourite for MVP, it annoys me that people keep coming back to Alex Smith.

The Chiefs are a different team, you can't judge them against last year.
The chargers did a nice job in the second half taking away his first read and the easy routes.
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:
Pat Mahomes is a stud, and probably favourite for MVP, it annoys me that people keep coming back to Alex Smith.

Was Berry back last year?
  • Jiks

I think they are similar as in Andy Reid finds ways to hurt his teams when the going gets tough. Fantastic coach but very Harbaugh-esque.
  • dj43
Originally posted by Jiks:

I think they are similar as in Andy Reid finds ways to hurt his teams when the going gets tough. Fantastic coach but very Harbaugh-esque.

???
  • Jiks
Originally posted by dj43:

???

Loses focus and out coaches themselves when the team needs them the most.
  • jcs
  • Veteran

???

Because going 49-22 is getting out coached
  • Jiks
Originally posted by jcs:

???

Because going 49-22 is getting out coached
Please read what I posted.

Thanks
  • dj43

???

I don't think Reid loses focus like Harbaugh did with his crazy sideline rants. Reid has made some decisions late in games in the past. The Tennessee game last year is an example where Kareem Hunt only carried the ball four times. Why not use your guy? KC fans are still sour on that.

I have a great deal of respect for Reid. He seems to always have his team ready. He gets as much out of his guys as any coach in the league.

The biggest problem Reid's teams have had in the playoffs is just terrible luck with injuries. John Dorsey handed out some very bad contracts that hampered building needed depth. The new GM (Brett Veach) has been much smarter with the cap and in bringing in depth in FA.
I'm on record. He's been figured out.

Originally posted by JoseCortez:

Figured him out awhile ago.

Hes damn good.
Originally posted by JoseCortez:

I don't think he's been figured out but all the people fitting him for a HOF jacket already need to slow their roll. Its inevitable that teams will pick up on some of his tendencies once they have enough tape on him. I think he's going to be a very good QB long term but defenses aren't just going to lay over for him and make it a track meet every Sunday.
Mahomes is sweet, but he's prone to getting a wild hair up his ass because his mechanics can become erratic at any moment. Look at this feet on this throw. Gross.

[ Edited by Heroism on Dec 23, 2018 at 6:12 PM ]
Originally posted by Heroism:
Mahomes is sweet, but he's prone to getting a wild hair up his ass because his mechanics can become erratic at any moment. Look at this feet on this throw. Gross.

I'm conflicted. On one hand, that is a display of horrible passing mechanics.

On the other hand, he's bombing it like 60 yards using that much upper body.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
I'm conflicted. On one hand, that is a display of horrible passing mechanics.

On the other hand, he's bombing it like 60 yards using that much upper body.

lol, so true.
Share 49ersWebzone