There are 288 users in the forums

Pat Mahomes and the Kansas City Swifties Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by dj43:
Harbaugh's failure to develop Kaepernick is one huge deal that many 49er fans overlook. Harbaugh gets a pass for his 1960's offense, his poor game/clock management and juvenile sideline behavior just because he was such a much better coach than Nolan/Singletary, but in truth he was only good by comparison. He had numerous failures and Kaepernick is the one with the longest lasting impact on the 49ers. Not Kaepernick per se but Harbaugh's failure to do anything with him that CK could not do when he came out of college.

Kaepernick was a worse QB in his 1st preseason than when Harbaugh left. 2011 Kap could not go 16/4 with a 90 rating on the worst roster with Kerley. I'm sorry, but he wasn't the same guy as in college. By your logic Cam, Alex, and Dalton all should have gotten their coach fired by now because they've all had average seasons, and none have accomplished as much as Kap/Harbs. Odds are they'd fail the next season if they had the worst line, roster, Tomsula, and 3 injuries. Kap was not bad in 2016 for being on the worst team, and not being 100% (couldn't make it through TC).
[ Edited by CharlieSheen on Feb 4, 2018 at 3:21 AM ]
Originally posted by Furlow:
Stop it. Harbaugh was a complete fraud.

Well he was doing something right. Or was it Kap? Which one?

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2017/postseason-qb-drive-stats-and-dvoa
Originally posted by Furlow:
Stop it. Harbaugh was a complete fraud.

The problem with these lazy, lame posts is based on pure feelings and it's evident, it's ashame and embarrassing some keep trying to rewrite history..

True niner fans will never forget what he did for us, As long as I'm alive, I will continue to post facts not posts filled with feelings and agenda..

If you're a real niner fan.. You show appreciation for what he did for us.

You must have forgotten.

https://vimeo.com/mattware/teamsportsfan3?ref=em-v-share

I suggest you look at those numbers, before and after 2010.. Qb guru yes he is, those numbers don't lie.

"We want Carr" That's an increase of 95.1... Coincidence? No.... not at all. Facts.

Jim Harbaugh will always be a 49er!! True 49er....

Never forget!!!! "I can show you vouchers"

Meh ya forgot Alex bleeding, OFFENSE WORKING ON ALL CYLINDERS.... That ugly offense everyone hated after the pieces stopped coming in... Green bay not losing since 90 in Green Bay...

I'm sorry but these posts sound ungrateful when facts are brought to the light.. I'm a niner fan.

STOP IT
[ Edited by Wu-5Rings on Feb 4, 2018 at 6:15 AM ]
  • dj43
Originally posted by Wu-5Rings:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
It's so eerie about this trade and when we traded Alex.

I believe we saved 8 Mill by letting Alex go, to keep our defense in tact.

Which is exactly what the Chiefs are doing as well? Same #?

And the Chiefs were confident in making the trade because they had a hungrey strong armed QB, who could also move with his legs.

Pat Mahomes' favorite QB growing up was Brett Farve.... Who is also Kaepernick's favorite.

Pat says he likes to take chances... wants to do everything out there to help his team win... at all costs. Well Kaepernick used to say the same things....

Then Harbs reeled Kap in and made him a safe QB.... Big plays here and there..but limit taking chances until we needed them. (Stressful experience for us fans imo)

So.... now with Pat, he has a coach who worked with Farve. So will Andy Reid let Pat go all out to see his potential? I think so, more so than Harbs did with Kap. Harbs, in his defense, had a formula. A team formula. It worked for a bit. So it is what it is.

I'm just curious how Andy Reid will go with Pat.

Harbaugh's failure to develop Kaepernick is one huge deal that many 49er fans overlook. Harbaugh gets a pass for his 1960's offense, his poor game/clock management and juvenile sideline behavior just because he was such a much better coach than Nolan/Singletary, but in truth he was only good by comparison. He had numerous failures and Kaepernick is the one with the longest lasting impact on the 49ers. Not Kaepernick per se but Harbaugh's failure to do anything with him that CK could not do when he came out of college.

He got the best out of his Qb's including Alex Smith when no one wanted Alex Smith. That's a huge gamble, then actually doing it during a lockout...

He got the best out of Keapernick as well.. Too bad the GM couldn't keep up and replace Alex Smith and do his job..

Must be nice not doing you're job for 6-7 years and still getting a paycheck...

He must have felt secured and comfortable while he drove this franchise to the ground....

Never forget....

My bad. I went off topic. This is the Kansas City thread.
[ Edited by dj43 on Feb 4, 2018 at 5:36 PM ]
Should've kept Foles
Originally posted by CharlieSheen:
Should've kept Foles

To compete with Mahomes?
  • dmax
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:
So are all the alex fans who became chiefs fans, will they become skins fans now ?

OH HECK YES
  • dj43
Here is an interesting article from a KC writer who looks at Smith's legacy with the Chiefs and compares him to all the other QBs Kansas City has had in the last 30 years. They have had a lot of them, including former 49er QBs. His conclusion is worth the read:

https://arrowheadaddict.com/2018/02/05/alex-smith-legacy-kansas-city-chiefs-best-quarterbacks-ever/
Originally posted by CharlieSheen:
Should've kept Foles

49AllTheTime did say Foles was the best QB on the Chiefs roster last year and posters laughed at him. It looks like he was proven right yesterday
[ Edited by Bay2Bay9erAllday on Feb 5, 2018 at 5:23 PM ]
Here is an interesting article from a KC writer who looks at Smith's legacy with the Chiefs and compares him to all the other QBs Kansas City has had in the last 30 years. They have had a lot of them, including former 49er QBs. His conclusion is worth the read:

https://arrowheadaddict.com/2018/02/05/alex-smith-legacy-kansas-city-chiefs-best-quarterbacks-ever/

Thanks DJ, very interesting comparisons.

lol @this thread
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
lol @this thread

The Alex Smith Praise and Harbaugh and Kaepernick Trashing Thread for Chiefs Fans
Sounds like they might be cutting Johnson and Hali
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Retooling as Mahomes develops? Sounds reasonable. They have some nice young defensive players and elite playmakers...might not take long to be back in the thick of things.
  • dj43
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Though the Smith trade got them a bit above water on the cap, they still have to make more room because there are a number of positions, especially on defense, that need improvement.

Cutting Hali is a given at this point. His knees are shot. He could not even play on turf fields last season. The guy is a candidate for at least one early knee replacement.

Johnson may stay as a backup but his $8M cap number is a problem. Cutting him would allow money to re-sign Kevin Pierre-Louis who played quite well last season.

Dee Ford's back is another problem. He played so little last season that he may not even pass his physical. They desperately need to improve their pass rush but Ford has just not been reliable at all.

They will need to fix some problems in FA if they can but all three of these guys will have to go in order to do much. To make matters worse, since losing Dontari Poe, the front line has not had a consistent run stopper.

The season for Andy Reid's crew is going to have to rely on a super-productive offense because the defense is suspect.
[ Edited by dj43 on Feb 9, 2018 at 10:41 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone