LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 267 users in the forums

Pat Mahomes and the Kansas City Swifties Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • dj43
KC has cap problems, only $13M right now. GM Brett Veach has set a priority on resigning Chris Jones (duh) and Sammy Watkins. Jones alone is going to be hard to satisfy after his regular season and Super Bowl performance. Jones is certainly going to ask for Fletcher Cox money ($17.1M/yr). That alone will kill their cap. Veach also wants Watkins to return as well. Good luck.

CBs Bashaud Breeland & Kendall Fuller, along with WR Demarcus Robinson and LG Andrew Wylie were all starters and are UFA as well.

...and then there is the matter of extending their QB

Things are going to be interesting as they try to keep significant pieces together for another run at the SB.
Originally posted by dj43:
KC has cap problems, only $13M right now. GM Brett Veach has set a priority on resigning Chris Jones (duh) and Sammy Watkins. Jones alone is going to be hard to satisfy after his regular season and Super Bowl performance. Jones is certainly going to ask for Fletcher Cox money ($17.1M/yr). That alone will kill their cap. Veach also wants Watkins to return as well. Good luck.

CBs Bashaud Breeland & Kendall Fuller, along with WR Demarcus Robinson and LG Andrew Wylie were all starters and are UFA as well.

Things are going to be interesting as they try to keep significant pieces together for another run at the SB.

They dont need to re-sign Sammy. They either need to cut him, or to completely restructure his salary. Based on the fact he is owed a ridiculous $17M a season moving forward and I cant see him agreeing to get paid what he is worth, I think he gets cut. Hope he doesnt though. That could only lead to this Chiefs team regressing.
[ Edited by SteveWallacesHelmet on Mar 2, 2020 at 4:38 PM ]
I just wanna say Fudge you maholmes

That is all.
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Originally posted by Stevec9932:
sppppppppppppppppare me, put Alex Smith on the Cheifs and he throws for 4k yards... Yes, Mahaomes is a good QB but 1st ballot HOFer? SPPPPPPPPPAREEEEEEEEEEEEE ME

LOL

There has literally never been a QB to have a better start to a career than Mahomes has.

Roethlisberger also won a Super Bowl in his second year. Seeing the comments on the Alex Smith E:60 video was somewhat irritating. Chiefs fans are claiming Alex as a Chief, and that he deserves a ring even though he wasn't on their roster last year. Reid dumped Alex for a hotshot QB just like Harbaugh did. F**k the Chiefs.
[ Edited by Psinex on May 3, 2020 at 7:12 AM ]

Man oh man mahomes could demand the entire offense salaries and you would have to give in they better hope he does the brady discount
  • dj43
Originally posted by Hardcoreniner559:

Man oh man mahomes could demand the entire offense salaries and you would have to give in they better hope he does the brady discount
His agent is going to go for top dollar. Generational talent/generational contract.

They only have $5M now. Look for a major restructuring of Frank Clark's contract for a start. Won't be easy for them with Mahomes in the future.
His agent is going to go for top dollar. Generational talent/generational contract.

They only have $5M now. Look for a major restructuring of Frank Clark's contract for a start. Won't be easy for them with Mahomes in the future.

When is his contract up ?
  • dj43
Originally posted by Hardcoreniner559:

When is his contract up ?

Runs through 2023.

They need to do a Buckner-type deal with someone. It would be hard with Clark because the contract is so big and so much in the future.

Chris Jones would have been a good target last year but it is too late now.

Brett Veach will have to pull off some miracles to keep the window from closing in 2021.
Mahomes looked completely shell shocked & overwhelmed for 86.67% of the SB..
Dude threw picks and yet was being protected by his o-line mugging our d-line.

Our D was getting completely f**king mugged that entire game which I don't quite understand how some say that is irrelevant?
Is he good. Yep... but Sorry, I'm just not as impressed as everyone else.
f**k him & f**k the NFL for allowing how that game was played.
Originally posted by Jeepzilla:

Our D was getting completely f**king mugged that entire game which I don't quite understand how some say that is irrelevant?

Sounds like you've only watched 1 career game from him. Ya didnt he play that great, but he stepped up when it mattered. Thats what all the greats do. Brady and Joe have also had SB games where they didn't look great but still stepped up in the 4th.

Originally posted by TheGore49er:

Sounds like you've only watched 1 career game from him. Ya didnt he play that great, but he stepped up when it mattered. Thats what all the greats do. Brady and Joe have also had SB games where they didn't look great but still stepped up in the 4th.

Yea I've watched many games with PM.

Again, he's good. I'm 49 & have seen a lot of football.

Ya... he did NOT "step up" when it mattered. He got aided by holding no-calls Against our D-Line..
Call that game fair & he loses it.
Anybody with an unbiased opinion watching the trenches in the SB can easily point out the massive holding no-calls that were going on.

Whatever... time to move on.
[ Edited by Jeepzilla on May 4, 2020 at 11:44 AM ]

Ya... he did NOT "step up" when it mattered. He got aided by holding no-calls Against our D-Line..
Anybody with an unbiased opinion watching the trenches in the SB can easily point out the massive holding no-calls that were going on.

I don't have a bias. I'm a niner fan, not a chiefs fan. Calls like that always happen. You won't ever find one close NFL game, be it regular season or playoffs, where one team didn't have a call or two go against them. And the fact that you randomly just brought this up after several months seems like you aren't ready to move on lol.
  • dj43

I don't have a bias. I'm a niner fan, not a chiefs fan. Calls like that always happen. You won't ever find one close NFL game, be it regular season or playoffs, where one team didn't have a call or two go against them. And the fact that you randomly just brought this up after several months seems like you aren't ready to move on lol.

As much as we would all like to replay that game, it is time for all to move on.
Originally posted by Psinex:
sppppppppppppppppare me, put Alex Smith on the Cheifs and he throws for 4k yards... Yes, Mahaomes is a good QB but 1st ballot HOFer? SPPPPPPPPPAREEEEEEEEEEEEE ME

LOL

There has literally never been a QB to have a better start to a career than Mahomes has.

Roethlisberger also won a Super Bowl in his second year. Seeing the comments on the Alex Smith E:60 video was somewhat irritating. Chiefs fans are claiming Alex as a Chief, and that he deserves a ring even though he wasn't on their roster last year. Reid dumped Alex for a hotshot QB just like Harbaugh did. F**k the Chiefs.

See, your response is 100% emotional. And your Ben Roethlisberger example is flat out wrong.
Originally posted by Psinex:

LOL

See, your response is 100% emotional. And your Ben Roethlisberger example is flat out wrong.

If we took Mahomes instead of Solomon Thomas...

Absolute HOF player!
Share 49ersWebzone