LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 240 users in the forums

Pat Mahomes and the Kansas City Swifties Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by sacniner:
Alex is valued highly by many around the league, as has been stated by different media outlets and proven by the huge contract Alex got, and the haul that KC received in the trade.

There is a wide range of opinion regarding Alex throughout the league. He is good, but never got the respect he deserved until Washington showed him some now. The fact he got dumped twice is crazy for a guy who just got paid like that. Shows the range of opinion for Alex.

I think SteveWallace is surprised that a team would invest that much into Alex because he thought only a few on the Zone regarded him that highly (as he stated). My boy likes to debate, so he'll go at it any angle possible

I was surprised that a team would invest that much in Alex. I really thought he was going to a place where he would be the placeholder/bridge QB. But it just shows how desperate teams are for competent QB play.

And yeah, you hit the nail on the head. It seems clear that there is a wide range of opinions on Alex in every world, not just the WZ world.
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Alex is valued highly by many around the league, as has been stated by different media outlets and proven by the huge contract Alex got, and the haul that KC received in the trade.

There is a wide range of opinion regarding Alex throughout the league. He is good, but never got the respect he deserved until Washington showed him some now. The fact he got dumped twice is crazy for a guy who just got paid like that. Shows the range of opinion for Alex.

I think SteveWallace is surprised that a team would invest that much into Alex because he thought only a few on the Zone regarded him that highly (as he stated). My boy likes to debate, so he'll go at it any angle possible

I was surprised that a team would invest that much in Alex. I really thought he was going to a place where he would be the placeholder/bridge QB. But it just shows how desperate teams are for competent QB play.

And yeah, you hit the nail on the head. It seems clear that there is a wide range of opinions on Alex in every world, not just the WZ world.
Cosigned on the underlined as I've stated previously.

Alex is one of those players you have to watch to see where the problem lies. His last 5 years look good on paper, but there's a reason both those stacked teams dropped him and most of our fan base and the entire Chiefs fan base don't care one bit. We watched all his snaps and know he's a dead end. 12 years and all those stacked teams and one legit playoff win to show for it. He's really not that great.
With Alex "wins are all that matter"....until they matter, then you're going home. At least with Mahomes chief fans have that uncertainty/hope.
  • dj43

I honestly believe that the Chiefs getting as much as they got for Alex was for 2 reasons. 1) he had a very good statistical season this year, and 2) there is an huge demand for competent QB play in the NFL right now. I dont believe Alex is a franchise QB, and him being traded twice in the middle of eras where the two teams were the best they had been in a long time is very telling.

Well, the situations were not exactly the same. Baalke and Harbaugh were convinced CK was the long-term answer and Smith was an extra. In the case of KC, they really had not option due to their cap situation. There were plenty of KC voices that did not want to see him leave with what amounts to a totally unproven rookie as his replacement. Brian Billick made that observation on NFL Network earlier today.
Originally posted by dj43:
I honestly believe that the Chiefs getting as much as they got for Alex was for 2 reasons. 1) he had a very good statistical season this year, and 2) there is an huge demand for competent QB play in the NFL right now. I dont believe Alex is a franchise QB, and him being traded twice in the middle of eras where the two teams were the best they had been in a long time is very telling.

Well, the situations were not exactly the same. Baalke and Harbaugh were convinced CK was the long-term answer and Smith was an extra. In the case of KC, they really had not option due to their cap situation. There were plenty of KC voices that did not want to see him leave with what amounts to a totally unproven rookie as his replacement. Brian Billick made that observation on NFL Network earlier today.

They are exactly the same. Imo Baalke was never behind Kap. That's pretty obvious with how quickly he made the mistake of firing Harbaugh, the contract, and the way he pretty much focused on nothing but cutting Kap after he fired Harbaugh. I hope Mahomes isn't in the same situation, if he is he has no chance.
Originally posted by CharlieSheen:

Alex is one of those players you have to watch to see where the problem lies. His last 5 years look good on paper, but there's a reason both those stacked teams dropped him and most of our fan base and the entire Chiefs fan base don't care one bit. We watched all his snaps and know he's a dead end. 12 years and all those stacked teams and one legit playoff win to show for it. He's really not that great.

So the pros on all the team staffs that wanted to trade for him didn't actually watch him? That's interesting.
[ Edited by NineFourNiner on Jan 31, 2018 at 8:30 PM ]
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by CharlieSheen:

So the pros on all the team staffs that wanted to trad for him didn't actually watch him? That's interesting.

The two teams that got to see him day in and day out let him go for a younger player? Now that's Interesting.
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
So the pros on all the team staffs that wanted to trad for him didn't actually watch him? That's interesting.

Im sure they watched some, just as I'm sure the Chiefs did too before trading for him. It took them 4 more years of watching to realize he doesn't have it. Both fan bases that watched him for years know he's not worth what those "professionals " just gave up for him.

I think you'd be surprised at how little work these professionals actually put in and how much they just go by paper stats and narratives. I've seen them talk out their ass before, saying things that proved they were lying about watching film of a certain player. Just look at some of these moves like oswiker to Houston, I know better than these professionals most the time.
[ Edited by CharlieSheen on Jan 31, 2018 at 6:36 PM ]
  • thl408
How come there are two Alex threads but when a light hearted Jimmy thread, with zero arguing, is opened, it gets quickly merged?

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Hilarious the original smith thread is gone, and now we have two thread for him.

Man, we love alex on the zone. All of us. He is the number one hit on here in regards to interest by a mile, outside of Jimmy.

the way the wind is blowing,. alex will be a redskin, longer than jimmy will be a niner
Originally posted by cciowa:
Hilarious the original smith thread is gone, and now we have two thread for him.

Man, we love alex on the zone. All of us. He is the number one hit on here in regards to interest by a mile, outside of Jimmy.

the way the wind is blowing,. alex will be a redskin, longer than jimmy will be a niner

#teamMahomes

Go cheifs!
Originally posted by cciowa:

You shut your damn mouth!
I think if the chiefs wanted to keep smith they would have made it work regardless of cap situation. Franchise qb dont become cap casualties. We know exactly what kc thinks of smith
Share 49ersWebzone