There are 172 users in the forums

Pat Mahomes and the Kansas City Swifties Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • dj43
There is a long history of ex-49ers going to Kansas City and continuing their interest as a second team. With Alex Smith now in Washington, assuming he signs the contract come March, let's put KC comments here.

I'll start by saying KC struck a huge blow for improving their team with the Smith trade:

The key to the deal was Kendall Fuller. He fills the biggest need KC had: CB. By the end of this past season, Reid had a choice of ex-49er Kenneth Acker or a washed-up Darrelle Revis at corner. Both were responsible for plays that led to losses.

This is brilliant for KC. A secondary weakness becomes a strength, they get out of salary cap hell, and they get a 3rd round draft pick this year. Arizona had no way to match this deal in value to KC. A three-way win for KC.

Of course the key will be whether or not Patrick Mahomes can play well on a consistent basis. With only one league game behind him, he will have a heavy load on his shoulders starting the new season.
Amazing trade for KC.

-Upgrade their draft position
-Upgrade their secondary
-Save roughly $16M
-Upgrade their quarterba.......

I'll see myself out.
  • thl408
CJ Beathard will be Chief at some point in his career, and when he does, this post being on page 1 of this thread will be viewed as prophetic.
  • dj43
Good humor already coming out.

'zone is always the source...
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
they still have the main issue in the head coach in my opinion
let's just make a thread for every single team
  • dj43
Originally posted by defenderDX:

Go ahead. This is the NFL Talk forum. What team would you like to add?
3 years from now after Mahomes busts they'll trade for CJ and be our JV squad again.
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Amazing trade for KC.

-Upgrade their draft position
-Upgrade their secondary
-Save roughly $16M
-Upgrade their quarterba.......

I'll see myself out.

Speaks volumes for how much Smith is worth to other teams!

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dj43:

the chicago cardinals
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Waiting for the Washington Redskins/ Alex Smith thread to pop up.
Originally posted by jimrat:
Waiting for the Washington Redskins/ Alex Smith thread to pop up.

Already here. Since last night. Try harder.
  • dj43
Here is one article from a KC writer who believes the loss of stability at QB may shift the balance of power in the AFC West to the LA Chargers.

"Now, with Smith out of the equation, the Chiefs may not have the luxury of a steady regular season. Patrick Mahomes could end up being one of the breakout players of 2018, and this could all be moot, but more than likely, he will experience some first-year starter struggles and the Chiefs — at the very least — may not be in the driver's seat of the AFC West anymore."

https://nflmocks.com/2018/01/31/alex-smith-trade-shifts-balance-power-afc-west/

In the end, several other KC writers call it all about the salary cap. KC went from $8M over the cap to $8M under the cap while adding a very good young CB and a 3rd round pick. That pick is important because they gave up their 1st this year to draft Mahomes.
Originally posted by dj43:

every single one that isnt the 49ers or Chiefs now. You can do it. I'll take credit for the idea.
[ Edited by defenderDX on Jan 31, 2018 at 12:06 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone