There are 285 users in the forums

Alex Smith and the Washington Redskins

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Jiks
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by CharlieSheen:
You have to be awful to have fans still talking s*** like that after that type of injury.

No you don't. You just need ignorant and irrational fans.
Verb lol
No BS, Alex was straight garbage in 2016 and 2018. 2015 he was decent because he ran a lot. 2017 was good, but that was an all time offense carrying him. It took Mahomes to find out how great they really were, because the 15 year vet wasn't good enough to have a truly elite season with stacked offense.

No way, he was good in 2016 and dope af with the one of the worst teams in the NFL leading them to the playoffs... who by the way became a last year Kap type garbage team when Alex got hurt. That validated him. He was borderline pro bowl in 2018 from all unbiased accounts.

2015 he was raw. 2017 MVP type year.

Mahomes is a HOF all time great. So yes, as I called it, he's better.

Alex is hella good. Wow
Kaps fast start is kinda proven to be about our weapons and mismatches we were able to create with Vernon/Delanie/Crab/Moss. As the Vance's, Baldwins, Moores, KWs, Martin's, etc, started taking starting roles, Alex's tutoring didn't do s***. The VD/Walker/Crab/Moss combo was better with Kap than Alex.

Mahomes success is more about that (even more) stacked team, not Alex. That team was also better under Mahomes than Alex the vet lol.

Alex benefited from these stacked teams also, but was never good enough to stick. He got exposed in Wash before breaking his leg. The first time in like 6 years he didnt have a top 3 player at their position to spam check downs with, and he was complete garbage lol. As bad as the injury was, there's still skins fans talking s*** saying they hope that's the end of Alex. You have to be awful to have fans still talking s*** like that after that type of injury.

He was leading the team to the playoffs and many NFL experts said he was bordeline pro bowl while on Washington. Only you, SteveWallace, and the Cheifs fan you guys love who got banned bash his play on that garbage team last year. He was good. Was an MVP in 2017, and is way tougher than most QBs (Kap included) as he is trying to come back from an injury that would make the common man hideout. Remember Kap missed an entire year due to a minor injury. Look at Alex: Heart, Smarts, Athletic, Great Accuracy. Dude is a beast.
He had 10 touchdowns in 10 games sac. That is only good if the player is a WR, TE or RB.

Not going to address your Kap comments. They are irrelevant to this topic.
[ Edited by SteveWallacesHelmet on Jun 25, 2019 at 1:59 PM ]
You have to be awful to have fans still talking s*** like that after that type of injury.

THIS!
  • luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame

Originally posted by sacniner:
He was leading the team to the playoffs and many NFL experts said he was bordeline pro bowl while on Washington. Only you, SteveWallace, and the Cheifs fan you guys love who got banned bash his play on that garbage team last year. He was good. Was an MVP in 2017, and is way tougher than most QBs (Kap included) as he is trying to come back from an injury that would make the common man hideout. Remember Kap missed an entire year due to a minor injury. Look at Alex: Heart, Smarts, Athletic, Great Accuracy. Dude is a beast.

I just keep things fair. AP/VD/Reed/Richardson/Crowder are better than Bell/Draughn/Harper/Kerley, but the QB that played better with less gets bashed because his defense(30 ppg)/run game sucked. Alex deserves a ton of criticism. More help, more talent, easier schedule, and still sucked.

Let's be honest with ourselves, Alex has always sucked without top tier talent. Alex was riding Peterson and that defense while they were hot. They beat one team over .500, a struggling pre Cooper Dallas. AP and that defense were impressive even though they played bad teams, but Alex was garbage despite all the help and easy schedule.

And I love him being a tough guy, it really is awesome, but he sucks at QB.
No way, he was good in 2016 and dope af with the one of the worst teams in the NFL leading them to the playoffs... who by the way became a last year Kap type garbage team when Alex got hurt. That validated him. He was borderline pro bowl in 2018 from all unbiased accounts.

Alex is hella good. Wow

Pro bowl 2018 ?

Was Nick Mullens borderline pro bowl too ?
same haters spewing their hate - what a shock.
Saying he was a borderline Pro Bowler before the injury last year is nuts. That absolutely was never the case.

Wenz, Brees, Wilson were the Pro Bowlers with Goff the alternative. Very weak years for qb's but even then I think Alex would still be out. As 17 proved (alt) he'd likely be snubbed even if he earned it. There's an aspect of a popularity contest.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Jun 26, 2019 at 11:41 AM ]
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
He had 10 touchdowns in 10 games sac. That is only good if the player is a WR, TE or RB.

Not going to address your Kap comments. They are irrelevant to this topic.

Alex Smith was throwing to one of the worst receiving cores in NFL history. Worse than the NFC championship game he played in at the Stick (remember Brett Swain)

Joe Montana averaged a similar TD rate in about three years of his career. See, i can throw out stats with no context as well.
I just keep things fair. AP/VD/Reed/Richardson/Crowder are better than Bell/Draughn/Harper/Kerley, but the QB that played better with less gets bashed because his defense(30 ppg)/run game sucked. Alex deserves a ton of criticism. More help, more talent, easier schedule, and still sucked.

Let's be honest with ourselves, Alex has always sucked without top tier talent. Alex was riding Peterson and that defense while they were hot. They beat one team over .500, a struggling pre Cooper Dallas. AP and that defense were impressive even though they played bad teams, but Alex was garbage despite all the help and easy schedule.

And I love him being a tough guy, it really is awesome, but he sucks at QB.

No, Kap's core was better. Reed was hurt a lot and Alex had arguably the worst receving core in NFL history. So you are not being fair. I win that point of our four year arguement on if Alex Smith is a decent starting QB.

Alex deserves more praise. Less help, less talent, harder schedue, and was a pro bowler. I win this point of our argument in a land slide

Alex was leading the worst receving core in NFL history to the playoffs. They became last year Kap level bad when he suffered the injury. AP fell off, defense fell off. This isn't the great defense Kap enjoyed in his loss to the ravevs in teh super bowl. I win this point of our argument.

He is a tough guy, non-vegan, and is a good QB. I win that.

Mic drop. See you in 20 minutes to discuss your PoV on Alex again.
Originally posted by blizzuntz:

Alex is hella good. Wow

Pro bowl 2018 ?

Was Nick Mullens borderline pro bowl too ?

You know Alex is a liberal right?
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Saying he was a borderline Pro Bowler before the injury last year is nuts. That absolutely was never the case.
Saying that he sucks is nuts (no pun). A bigger level of nuts.

See you in 20 minutes to give me your fresh take on Alex's play.
Share 49ersWebzone