LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 244 users in the forums

Alex Smith and the Washington Redskins

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
I have mixed feelings about Smiff but I definitely do not want to see him snap any more body parts ever again.

Same. I dont like him as a quarterback but admire him as a person. Definitely dont want to see see another injury like that again. That was tough to watch.
There was a report on NFL radio today that Alex said he was able to play golf, throw, and workout while he is rehabbing from his injury. Doesn't sound like he's got any quit in him at this time.
Alex Smith will be known as a 49er.. Catch III was amazing. What did he do in KC? Lose to Andrew Luck in that one wild payoff game?
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
I have mixed feelings about Smiff but I definitely do not want to see him snap any more body parts ever again.

Same. I dont like him as a quarterback but admire him as a person. Definitely dont want to see see another injury like that again. That was tough to watch.

Very well put Steve!
Originally posted by Stevec9932:
Alex Smith will be known as a 49er.. Catch III was amazing. What did he do in KC? Lose to Andrew Luck in that one wild payoff game?

In January 2016 he did deliver their first playoff win since January 1994.
Originally posted by captveg:
Originally posted by Stevec9932:

In January 2016 he did deliver their first playoff win since January 1994.

Let's see....

-he won more games there than he did here.
-he won the same amount of playoff games there as he did here.
-he won more division titles there than he did here.
-he started more games there than he did here.
-he made all 3 of his Pro Bowls playing there.
-He threw more touchdowns there than he did here.
-He theew less interceptions there than he did here.
-he had a higher passer rating than he did here.
-he had a higher completion percentage there than he did here.

I know he had an unbelievable singular moment here with the Niners. It was amazing. But the simple fact is his career is known for his play on the Chiefs. That's when he played his best and accomplished the most by a mile.
Who really cares what team he retires with. You guys care more about that than he does... actually I think we are more obsessed with smiths football career than he is lol.
Originally posted by sacniner:
Who really cares what team he retires with. You guys care more about that than he does... actually I think we are more obsessed with smiths football career than he is lol.

At this point will he have any say when he retires?

Dude threw his spinal cord out there wide open when he lost his spot to Kaepernick.

Then he got his leg stuck and twisted like a thanksgiving turkey leg.

We care because idt anyone really wants to see Smith taken out on a stretcher ever again. That was brutal.
He should retire where he was a star. Utah.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
He should retire where he was a star. Utah.

Lol... I would love if he came back home to SF. Dude had the second biggest resurrection of a career in human history behind Tiger Woods.

He was on track to lead a horrible team in Washington to the playoffs. His team was leading the East at the time of injury. Wow, what a insane accomplishment when you consider a guy like Cousins who couldn't get the best roster in the NFL into the freaking playoffs. The Skins went from playoffs to worst team in the league after Alex Jeffrey Jordan Smith got hurt. Man, he good

Ken Dorsey is a good qb coach. Smith already showed Merhomes the ropes. Even helped pre vegan Kaepernick out.
Ken Dorsey is a good qb coach. Smith already showed Merhomes the ropes. Even helped pre vegan Kaepernick out.

Who was the last hella dope QB that was also the best QB coach in the NFL while he was playing? As Jim Harbaugh says, NOBODY.

Damn, no wonder we all swing from his nuts. What a guy
No BS, Alex was straight garbage in 2016 and 2018. 2015 he was decent because he ran a lot. 2017 was good, but that was an all time offense carrying him. It took Mahomes to find out how great they really were, because the 15 year vet wasn't good enough to have a truly elite season with stacked offense.

Kaps fast start is kinda proven to be about our weapons and mismatches we were able to create with Vernon/Delanie/Crab/Moss. As the Vance's, Baldwins, Moores, KWs, Martin's, etc, started taking starting roles, Alex's tutoring didn't do s***. The VD/Walker/Crab/Moss combo was better with Kap than Alex.

Mahomes success is more about that (even more) stacked team, not Alex. That team was also better under Mahomes than Alex the vet lol.

Alex benefited from these stacked teams also, but was never good enough to stick. He got exposed in Wash before breaking his leg. The first time in like 6 years he didnt have a top 3 player at their position to spam check downs with, and he was complete garbage lol. As bad as the injury was, there's still skins fans talking s*** saying they hope that's the end of Alex. You have to be awful to have fans still talking s*** like that after that type of injury.
Originally posted by CharlieSheen:
You have to be awful to have fans still talking s*** like that after that type of injury.

No you don't. You just need ignorant and irrational fans.
[ Edited by NineFourNiner on Jun 25, 2019 at 6:22 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone