LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 239 users in the forums

Alex Smith and the Washington Redskins

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by TheXFactor:
Originally posted by hofer36:
apparently colt mccoy had another surgery and is presently n a cast for his broken leg

damn, better call Josh Johnson again lol

Come on... we know there is only one replacement QB that can win it all in Washington.

with skins on the hook for alex smith's contract for another 2-3 years, and keenum and mccoy in place i think drafting a high qb this year would be a mistake...better to build a team around the qb before you bring him in, and they can fill holes at edge rusher and oline with high picks this year...if they take a qb high now he probably wont make a big difference in their playoff hopes this year, and they lose a year on his rookie deal, i.e making him hat much closer to free agency..to me it makes more sense to get the qb next year, then they can have him on rookie deal for 5 years with a better team around him
with skins on the hook for alex smith's contract for another 2-3 years, and keenum and mccoy in place i think drafting a high qb this year would be a mistake...better to build a team around the qb before you bring him in, and they can fill holes at edge rusher and oline with high picks this year...if they take a qb high now he probably wont make a big difference in their playoff hopes this year, and they lose a year on his rookie deal, i.e making him hat much closer to free agency..to me it makes more sense to get the qb next year, then they can have him on rookie deal for 5 years with a better team around him

If there is a guy available, you take him. Problem is, there probably won't be for them. By a guy available, I mean a guy you really believe you can build a franchise around. Example, if Deshaun Watson, Andrew Luck, or Tua, Murray, the Clemson QB, etc were available at Washington's pick, they aren't going to pass on him to build the team up for another year.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

If there is a guy available, you take him. Problem is, there probably won't be for them. By a guy available, I mean a guy you really believe you can build a franchise around. Example, if Deshaun Watson, Andrew Luck, or Tua, Murray, the Clemson QB, etc were available at Washington's pick, they aren't going to pass on him to build the team up for another year.

agreed i dont think anyone in this class is a true the guy
  • Mayor
  • Veteran
I would forfeit this season and draft Taylor Lawrence next year. Same goes for Dolphins and others.
Originally posted by Mayor:
I would forfeit this season and draft Taylor Lawrence next year. Same goes for Dolphins and others.

Lawrence isn't eligible next year since he's gonna be a sophomore
I heard on Golic and Wingo this morning they saw Alex and he didn't look like he was in good shape or recovering well. Is he still having complications of any sort?
Damn, I hope Alex gets to come back and play.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Well it was a good career....time to hang it up Alex, no longer your team.
Retire, please.

Oh! And in before Verb1der and the crew.

Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Retire, please.

He's not going to officially retire until his contract has paid the guarantees. That's why you get guarantees. Washington's fault for putting that line in front of him. Obviously not a fluke since they lost another QB soon after.
[ Edited by Jakemall on Apr 25, 2019 at 8:49 PM ]
Retire, please.

This should have been the pick regardless of Alex's injury or not. He is getting up there in age.
Alex needs to retire and join the 49ers as offensive quality control. We will need him to take over the new era dynasty in 10 years.
  • Jiks
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Retire, please.

This should have been the pick regardless of Alex's injury or not. He is getting up there in age.

He wouldn't have been available at pick 32.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jcs:
Well it was a good career....time to hang it up Alex, no longer your team.

i wonder if he could end things on a good note. like garcia did in philly? guess it depends on how the leg heals. someone who needs a qb. if alex can function,,, could do much much worse. would be sad to see it end like this
Share 49ersWebzone