There are 243 users in the forums

Alex Smith and the Washington Redskins

Shop 49ers game tickets
I really hope the Redskins choosing to get Case doesnt mean they are now out on Josh Rosen. I am worried no team will want to trade for Rosen and then the Cardinals would get cold feet on drafting Kyler with Rosen on the roster. Redskins were one of the few teams I have read were interested.
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
I really hope the Redskins choosing to get Case doesnt mean they are now out on Josh Rosen. I am worried no team will want to trade for Rosen and then the Cardinals would get cold feet on drafting Kyler with Rosen on the roster. Redskins were one of the few teams I have read were interested.

I saw one rumor saying they could flip Keenum in a package for Rosen. (Keenum was with Kilff at Houston)

I think they're out. Rumor at the combine was they wanted Bridgewater now they trade for Keenum. Gruden has to win now and Rosen is just too risky short term.
Originally posted by tjd808185:

I think they're out. Rumor at the combine was they wanted Bridgewater now they trade for Keenum. Gruden has to win now and Rosen is just too risky short term.

That's a lose lose situation then. Keenum is C+ at best.
Landon Collins signing, very nice.
Originally posted by ChillninDaBay:

remember when Philly "stole" Kenny Phillips from the Giants. Didn't work out at all.

But there's hope in this case still.
Originally posted by TheXFactor:
Originally posted by ChillninDaBay:

remember when Philly "stole" Kenny Phillips from the Giants. Didn't work out at all.

But there's hope in this case still.

Keep in mind Redskins cut D. J. Swearinger last season and thus they didn't have a starting SS. Now they took Giants' SS and have a younger
talented SS in Collins.
Originally posted by Janitor:
I think they are accepting the fact that he is likely done. As I said before, I hope he goes into coaching or broadcasting.

i dont think alex would be a good caster. he'd be a better coach "fer sure"
got damn just retire alex. It would be cringey to see this guy even on the field again. Cmon son. That snap was worse than the Thanos one.
  • Jiks
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
got damn just retire alex. It would be cringey to see this guy even on the field again. Cmon son. That snap was worse than the Thanos one.
Probably already has but will lose money if he makes it official.

• dj43
Nice piece from a KC writer appreciating Smith's contribution to the Chiefs.

"Simply, he put the Chiefs back on the map."

https://kckingdom.com/2019/03/23/kansas-city-chiefs-appreciation-former-quarterback-alex-smith/
apparently colt mccoy had another surgery and is presently n a cast for his broken leg
He was in the owners box at the Washington Wizards game a few days ago.

Huge cast . It looked like a trash can.

It's looking more and more like the end of the line.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
He was in the owners box at the Washington Wizards game a few days ago.

Huge cast . It looked like a trash can.

It's looking more and more like the end of the line.

Kap was on his leg?
Originally posted by hofer36:
apparently colt mccoy had another surgery and is presently n a cast for his broken leg

damn, better call Josh Johnson again lol
Share 49ersWebzone