LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 166 users in the forums

Alex Smith and the Washington Redskins

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by sacniner:
Kirk Cousins has led a stacked ass roster to a .500 record. He looked worthless last night.

SteveWallace, my man, thoughts? If ales played that poorly, would you be killing him for it?

Remember, KS wanted KC. So if KC is garbage, what does that say about KS?
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Kirk Cousins has led a stacked ass roster to a .500 record. He looked worthless last night.

SteveWallace, my man, thoughts? If ales played that poorly, would you be killing him for it?

Bruh. Don't answer questions with other non-related questions. You know this.
Originally posted by HomerJ:
i got a stage 5 clinger. Looks like hes been suspended from this thread and he sounds butthurt about it too.

defenderDX
Subject:
that's what I thought
Date:
Dec 11, 2018 at 1:17 PM
To:
HomerJ
you asked, I responded. couldn't in the thread where you asked. can't reply here? got a problem?
get over it.
Thanks

Lol, thanks for sharing those gems
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:

Meh, I think KS has a good eye for QB talent. He likes KC. Therefore I don't think KC is garbage. Minny may be struggling offensively, but I don't think a QBs struggles are always the QBs fault.

As a fan of Alex, I'm sure you'd agree with that. Is Alex Smith directly responsible for the 49ers offense under Nolan and Singletary? No, Alex was better that then outcome on the field.

Meh, I think KS has a good eye for QB talent. He likes KC. Therefore I don't think KC is garbage. Minny may be struggling offensively, but I don't think a QBs struggles are always the QBs fault.

As a fan of Alex, I'm sure you'd agree with that. Is Alex Smith directly responsible for the 49ers offense under Nolan and Singletary? No, Alex was better that then outcome on the field.

We are getting afield, but OP didn't say KC was "garbage." I agree that it is a team sport. IDK if Smith was always better than the outcome on the field way back then. Some days yes, some days no.

Hopefully it says he can learn that he never had any intention of trying to build around a 30 year old slightly above average starting QB.
We are getting afield, but OP didn't say KC was "garbage." I agree that it is a team sport. IDK if Smith was always better than the outcome on the field way back then. Some days yes, some days no.

Cousins and smith have been compared a lot. If Alex went to Minnesota, with that super stacked roster, and had these results he'd be KILLED by the anti crowd.

Would Minnesota have a better record with smith?

Hypothetical, but not far fetched. The low TOS would have helped out the defense quite a bit
^a ball control offense would seem a good fit for that D.
^a ball control offense would seem a good fit for that D.

I was surprised that it wasn't the destination. Woulda coulda shoulda...we'll never know now.
Originally posted by HomerJ:
i got a stage 5 clinger. Looks like hes been suspended from this thread and he sounds butthurt about it too.

defenderDX
Subject:
that's what I thought
Date:
Dec 11, 2018 at 1:17 PM
To:
HomerJ
you asked, I responded. couldn't in the thread where you asked. can't reply here? got a problem?
get over it.
Thanks

Can't be real, nobody on the Zone is that obsessed.

Who would have thought that last year we would be thinking about Alex Smith, WAS MVP.
apparently guice had issues with his surgery too. wtf kind of doctors do the foreskins have?
Originally posted by Joecool:
Who would have thought that last year we would be thinking about Alex Smith, WAS MVP.

Too bad there isn't a half season MVP
[ Edited by blizzuntz on Dec 13, 2018 at 3:10 PM ]

SteveWallace, my man, thoughts? If Alex played that poorly, would you be killing him for it?

Didnt get to watch the game. Shot down to Disneyland with my brother and my niece straight from Levi's on Sunday. Completely missed the game but was following on a gamecast the whole time (needed Diggs to stay under 11 points to advance in my fantasy playoffs, so I was paying attention).

By all accounts, Cousins played awful and deserves every bit of criticism he may or may not be receiving for that performance. I like Cousins as a QB, but have zero problem saying he played terribly when the situation warrants it. And by all accounts, thats exactly what happened this past week. Cousins was awful.

SteveWallace, my man, thoughts? If Alex played that poorly, would you be killing him for it?

lol Kirk Cousins was so bad they had to fired the OC to make an excuse for him. What a waste of money. Knew Cousins was garbage, nothing special yet some people claim he's better than Alex Smith just to make Smith look bad rofl..
Share 49ersWebzone