There are 215 users in the forums

Alex Smith and the Washington Redskins

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by sacniner:
Alex's offense put up nine points. Get the ball in the end zone. His yards don't matter if they can't score. I didn't watch the game, so I'm not sure if his WRs were getting open, but there comes a point where you just have to let it rip

the game announcer singled out the skins receivers for not getting open...monday skins sign former 1st rd receivers breshad perriman and michael floyd after coming up short on josh gordon trade

gruden said post game colts soft zone coverages dictated alot of underneath throws

still down in 4th quarter it was frustrating not seeing them take any shots downfield...on three downfiewld shots they did take doctson dropped first,richardson dropped second and third to richardson was complete for 30 plus yards...doctson also failed to catch fade pass in end zone.....gruden said post game they had 3 play action calls to go downfield and smith was sacked on 2 of them
In line with what Hofer just posted...

Headline: Redskins restock receiving corps, sign veterans Michael Floyd, Breshad Perriman
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/football-insider/wp/2018/09/17/redskins-bring-in-breshad-perriman-paxton-lynch-for-workouts-monday/?utm_term=.3dc208e1793e

I guess the WR situation is a little worse than I had thought. The article points out that the game plan was to throw to the RBs to help make up for the issues at WR. So those passes weren't a check down, they were part of the play calling. And yes, the coach did say that towards the end they should have tried to stretch it out a little more.
[ Edited by Jakemall on Sep 18, 2018 at 9:04 AM ]
This might be the best throw of Alex Smith's career (not taking into account situation). Never seen anything like it from him. Looking off the defender, no look throw, in a super tight window.

https://twitter.com/LedyardNFLDraft/status/1041697905965453313
Gonna be qb coach when he's done. Then OC Alex Smith. All checkdown calls every game
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Gonna be qb coach when he's done. Then OC Alex Smith. All checkdown calls every game

HC someday if he wants it. Might even make HOF that route.
[ Edited by Jakemall on Sep 18, 2018 at 1:53 PM ]

Dude played in a billion systems. But i'm not sure if he is gonna continue with football after he retires. Just my gut feeling.
  • dj43
Originally posted by gold49digger:

Dude played in a billion systems. But i'm not sure if he is gonna continue with football after he retires. Just my gut feeling.

Pretty committed to his family. Comes from a strong family background. Having seen how much time it takes to be a coach in this league, he may just decide to "invest" more in his family. He certainly doesn't need the money so why take on the headache? I don't see him needing an OC gig to feed his ego.
Originally posted by dj43:
Pretty committed to his family. Comes from a strong family background. Having seen how much time it takes to be a coach in this league, he may just decide to "invest" more in his family. He certainly doesn't need the money so why take on the headache? I don't see him needing an OC gig to feed his ego.

Agree with you DJ. He is service oriented so I see him as a non profit exec. Following his parents.
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by gold49digger:

He will find something and dive in. It may or may not be coaching. He doesn't need the money now but he still keeps going.
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
This might be the best throw of Alex Smith's career (not taking into account situation). Never seen anything like it from him. Looking off the defender, no look throw, in a super tight window.

That was sick, thanks for posting... I remember him making some big boy throws last year at NE also. When he has confidence, and not obsessed with mitigating risk, he can make big boy throws.

Originally posted by sacniner:
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:

That was sick, thanks for posting... I remember him making some big boy throws last year at NE also. When he has confidence, and not obsessed with mitigating risk, he can make big boy throws.

He did this type of thing in college as well.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
i thought fans were really really excited about alex and the new direction for the team. now i hear fans have tuned out and are not going to games? if true. what happened
Originally posted by cciowa:
i thought fans were really really excited about alex and the new direction for the team. now i hear fans have tuned out and are not going to games? if true. what happened

Winning bring out the fans. Being good is nice but only true fans come to games for a mediocre team.

Edit: or fans from an area bereft of entertainment options.
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Sep 19, 2018 at 9:41 AM ]

Alex definitely puts the boring frustration into football. It's like not nutting for a month and you are ready to explode from some hard thumping. Only that you get a couple of hand grabs that finishes the job and the hand doesn't finish the messy rub either. Only left with the feeling that you didn't maximize the nut.
[ Edited by Joecool on Sep 19, 2018 at 3:08 PM ]
Originally posted by Joecool:

Alex definitely puts the boring frustration into football. It's like not nutting for a month and you are ready to explode from some hard thumping. Only that you get a couple of hand grabs that finishes the job and the hand doesn't finish the messy rub either. Only left with the feeling that you didn't maximize the nut.

Share 49ersWebzone