LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 248 users in the forums

Le'Veon Bell RB

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • VDSF
  • Veteran
The Pittsburgh Steelers begin their journey to capture the team's seventh Super Bowl in franchise history on Sunday but one of their key players is already mulling his future with not only the organization but with football in general.

Steelers RB Le'Veon Bell is 25-years old and fresh off a first-team All Pro season but the running back told ESPN's Jermey Fowler that he's willing to sit out a season or even retire if the team places the franchise tag on him for the second year in a row:

"I hope it doesn't come to that, but I would definitely consider it, Just get the numbers straight exactly where we want them. I'm not going to settle for anything. I know what I do and what I bring to the table. I'm not going out here getting the ball 400 times if I'm not getting what I feel I'm valued at.""It will eventually come down to me playing on the tag or not," Bell said. "They tag me again, it will be me (saying), 'OK, do I want to play on the tag or do I not want to play on the tag?' That's what it comes down to. If I was a free agent and they let me go, be a free agent, then yeah, I'm going to go explore free agency, test the market."

Link..
Originally posted by SF_Warrior:

Yep
  • evil
  • Veteran
Not worth 15 million a year.
Originally posted by evil:

15 million isnt all that much if you consider that's what Glennon made. He is a really good dual back, The best in the league imo.

Course the steelers want to win now so mebbe he's overeaching. But....
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
I call b******t. He wants his money and he wants it now, posturing by him and his agent.
  • DaBum
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Bitplayer:

15 million isnt all that much if you consider that's what Glennon made. He is a really good dual back, The best in the league imo.

can't compare RB to QB lol
Originally posted by FL9er:
I call b******t. He wants his money and he wants it now, posturing by him and his agent.

It's obvious BS. NFL players have a very short shelf life, and an even shorter prime. Especially skill position players like RB's. Taking a year off from the game would set him back big time. The game passes you by quickly. Thats part of why NFL players rarely strike. They cant afford to miss a bunch of time on purpose.
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by FL9er:

It's obvious BS. NFL players have a very short shelf life, and an even shorter prime. Especially skill position players like RB's. Taking a year off from the game would set him back big time. The game passes you by quickly. Thats part of why NFL players rarely strike. They cant afford to miss a bunch of time on purpose.

Closed mouths dont get fed
drama queen

Jimmy G + Bell =
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DaBum:

2nd highest paid RB in the league is getting 8 million a year.

Paying nearly double that for Bell is an unnecessary luxury given we have higher priority needs.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DaBum:

Does a QB salary count different then a RB?
Originally posted by Jcool:
Does a QB salary count different then a RB?

What do you mean? Are you asking if they're paid differently? Or are you asking if there is a tier pay?

This article was written in 2013 but it gives you an idea on what certain positions gets paid: https://www.si.com/nfl/photos/2013/01/31/nfl-average-salaries-position#3
If y'all believe this I'll get you a cut rate discount on some awesome beachfront property just outside of Yuma.
Share 49ersWebzone