LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 218 users in the forums

***SUPER BOWL LII GAMEDAY THREAD***

Shop 49ers game tickets

***SUPER BOWL LII GAMEDAY THREAD***

Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Pats D makes the right moves at halftime and comes out in the second half with an advantage. They seem to focus on stopping the run and their secondary is shutdown when it counts. Eagles have to make Brady uncomfortable and get in his face. The Philly offense must control the clock and give Brady less touches.

Personally, I think a team needs to be aggressive and heavily attack the Pats. Controlling the clock just keeps NE within a score throughout the game. Then, they will just coast and take that, hide their plays and use them for those last 1 or 2 drives to score easily.

If I were PHI, I would do things they don't normally do in the first half so the Pats have a difficult time making halftime adjustments. Pats are just too good at halftime adjustments. Then come out in the 3rd doing what got you to the SB.
[ Edited by Joecool on Jan 30, 2018 at 8:20 AM ]
Best idea I have heard on KNBR 680. With 2 weeks rest, why can't the Super Bowl be on a Saturday?

My fave stat of the week....

Points scored by Cheatriots in the 1st quarter of ALL 7 Belicheat/Brady Super Bowls COMBINED: zero
[ Edited by LenCat on Jan 30, 2018 at 9:24 AM ]
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Dude looks like he's seeing things...he sees dead people...hearing footsteps...like he just s**tted on himself

Pregame hasn't even started and already looks like he saw a ghost
Originally posted by 4912:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Hoyer will be playing in this game midway through the third quarter

First time in NFL history a QB goes win-less in all his games and gets a ring

Damn I almost forgot hoyer was our bridge qb this year. What a whirlwind it's been for the niners. O well lets go pats!
Originally posted by LenCat:

Points scored by Cheatriots in the 1st quarter of ALL 7 Belicheat/Brady Super Bowls COMBINED: zero

This is pretty crazy. I do vividly remember them scoring a TD on the first or second play of Super Bowl 42, though. It ended up being 7-3 at halftime and at the end of the 3rd. I had 7/3 in the pool that year and could've won 3 quarters if they had scored as the first quarter ended
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Belichick channeling his inner Tom Landry.

Looks like harvey weintstein without the beard
Originally posted by Joecool:
Best idea I have heard on KNBR 680. With 2 weeks rest, why can't the Super Bowl be on a Saturday?

At this point, it's pretty much just because of tradition.
Originally posted by LayTheWoodall:

This is pretty crazy. I do vividly remember them scoring a TD on the first or second play of Super Bowl 42, though. It ended up being 7-3 at halftime and at the end of the 3rd. I had 7/3 in the pool that year and could've won 3 quarters if they had scored as the first quarter ended

2001: 3-0 Rams
2003: 0-0 Tie
2004: 0-0 Tie
2007: 3-0 Giants
2011: 9-0 Giants
2014: 0-0 Tie
2016: 0-0 Tie

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/heres-an-incredible-streak-the-patriots-will-be-looking-to-break-in-the-super-bowl/
[ Edited by LenCat on Feb 1, 2018 at 7:41 AM ]

2001: 3-0 Rams
2003: 0-0 Tie
2004: 0-0 Tie
2007: 3-0 Giants
2011: 9-0 Giants
2014: 0-0 Tie
2016: 0-0 Tie

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/heres-an-incredible-streak-the-patriots-will-be-looking-to-break-in-the-super-bowl/

I had a typo there, I meant to say first or second play of the 2nd quarter. Forgot that, haha.

Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:

The day after the super bowl is almost an unofficial holiday/day off for a lot of people anyway
Originally posted by teylo31:
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:

The day after the super bowl is almost an unofficial holiday/day off for a lot of people anyway

sat SB would be awesome
Thought this was funny....
https://sports.yahoo.com/jeopardy-contestants-knew-nothing-football-alex-trebek-ridiculed-015225457.html
[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Feb 1, 2018 at 10:24 PM ]
I'd say 85% of the people tuning in to the super bowl would have no idea what the answers were. And those were casual football fan-level questions lol
I'd say 85% of the people tuning in to the super bowl would have no idea what the answers were. And those were casual football fan-level questions lol

#2 and #5 weren't casual fan knowledge. I'd say those 2 were either for older fans, or serious die hards. I imagine there's a whole generation of more than casual fans that wouldn't know those. It's been 40 years since either of them went to a super bowl. That's not to say I don't think they're historic figures in the game. But those were tougher questions than the other 3.
Share 49ersWebzone