LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 256 users in the forums

Can the Seahawks afford Hyde, Reid, Lynch, Ward?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Personally, I don't want to see Reid and Hyde go. They are both good players in the prime of their careers. If they'll take a hometown discount, we need to keep them both.
Member Milestone: This is post number 2,700 for blm7754.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
Couldn't care less what Seattle does...this should be a banner off-season for us. I think Reid has a chance to re-sign w/Niners. For one, they wouldn't hold his protests against him, IMHO. For another, he'd be good depth, having played both FS and SS. Wouldn't earn starting money, most likely, but might be willing to continue his NFL career as a b/u. Or, some team may give him a shot as a starter. Could be Seattle or who knows what other team might offer him a contract.

For Reid, I'd like to see the experiment of him at OLB continue. He has the size/strength to play there and would bring a ton of coverage ability to that position. Plus he'd provide insurance at safety.... which we need given Ward's injury history.
WE will poach their f**ken players NOT the other way round
Yeah, they're scared we're going to pick up Richardson in the offseason.
Good news is Sheldon is a FA and next year Avril&Frank Clark.
Sherm and Bennett coming here would make us Super Bowl contenders next year.

Not that I feel we need them. But if that did happen...sheeeeeeeet.
Originally posted by NinerTy:
Are you really wasting time on this forum about the friggin seachickens? Who cares what former players they sign. Especially if they are Niners former players. If they have been jettisoned from the Niners, they ain't going anywhere and star. That's why they were jettisoned in the first place. Look at Mike Davis. He's just trying to actually hold on to the ball now. And I cannot wait to play against him again and make him fumble everytime he touches the ball.

Stay yo ass on 9er talk and be a homer there. Yaaaaye go team.

I like talking football, be it 9ers or Seahawks or anyone else.
  • Morgy
  • Hey bud, what’s your problem?
Originally posted by Afrikan:

Man. It'd be hard to have those guys here for me. Just so much baggage. And they are on the downside, no?
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Morgan49:

Man. It'd be hard to have those guys here for me. Just so much baggage. And they are on the downside, no?
Bennet's numbers went up this year...Sherman on the other hand tore his ACL and speed was not his forte.
How's their cap room?

I can feel Pete just licking his chops... not so much that these are Amazing players or that they would guarantee the Seahawks SuperBowls....

But players he knows that are good but could play above their abilty to stick it to their former team/coach.

Pete likes doing this.

Hyde could be available at the perfect time for the Seahawks.

As well as Reid. (if they lose Kam or Earl) The fact that Reid, Ward and even Lynch have had experience in Seattle's defense, would be an easier adjustment.

They have picked up some of our average players and have kept them around. Getting Reid and Hyde in their Primes would be one hell of a offseason for them.

I'm not too worried myself (besides maybe Lynch going there) but imo

I've seen the best of the Seahawks in the past... and we might have a MUCH better all around offensive players and coach to face them this time..

Marshawn Lynch > Hyde
Earl Thomas/Kam > Reid/Ward

We have experienced a tough division a few years ago... so no easy cake walk to the NFC West Title should be expected.

They can have them all

• DaBum
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jcs:
Bennet's numbers went up this year...Sherman on the other hand tore his ACL and speed was not his forte.

Achilles which is much worse for speed these days.

9 es. Good sheeeeeeeeet
How's their cap room?

I can feel Pete just licking his chops... not so much that these are Amazing players or that they would guarantee the Seahawks SuperBowls....

But players he knows that are good but could play above their abilty to stick it to their former team/coach.

Pete likes doing this.

Hyde could be available at the perfect time for the Seahawks.

As well as Reid. (if they lose Kam or Earl) The fact that Reid, Ward and even Lynch have had experience in Seattle's defense, would be an easier adjustment.

They have picked up some of our average players and have kept them around. Getting Reid and Hyde in their Primes would be one hell of a offseason for them.

I'm not too worried myself (besides maybe Lynch going there) but imo

I've seen the best of the Seahawks in the past... and we might have a MUCH better all around offensive players and coach to face them this time..

Marshawn Lynch > Hyde
Earl Thomas/Kam > Reid/Ward

We have experienced a tough division a few years ago... so no easy cake walk to the NFC West Title should be expected.

NFL teams and their 2018 cap space...

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cap/2018/

How each Seahawk's player breaks down individually and what their dead money is...

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/seattle-seahawks/cap/
[ Edited by Willisfn4life on Jan 5, 2018 at 5:00 AM ]
Lol, what Pete is going to win with players he's been abusing for years?

Please, by all means, take them all.
Pete is gonna really do the 49ers dirty and bring in Frank Gore as their RB next year.
Share 49ersWebzone