LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 271 users in the forums

The Coaching/Front Office Carousel

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by stonecold590:
Now that the GM has also been fired I expect Bill Cowher to be the next Giants head Coach. He wants to run it all with his guys.
My prediction.

good god people that s**t is never ever gonna happen....dude has been out of the league for 12 years lol. Who in the hell is gonna put together for a coaching staff

That's all I hear from NY fans....Bill Cowher will be the HC, nah man it gonna be John Gruden....no dude Nick Saben lol. One of my buddies says he's betting on Tomlin huh?

In the real world someone like John Dorsey as GM and Dave Toub would actually make sense.

I can't see McDaniels going anywhere either...once BIll retires Josh get's that gig.

toub would be a great hire imo, dorsey also. Chiefs built a solid foundation.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
How many teams gonna fire the coach ?

Giants
Browns
Broncos ?
Colts
Redskins ?
[ Edited by susweel on Dec 5, 2017 at 1:34 PM ]
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Originally posted by stonecold590:
Now that the GM has also been fired I expect Bill Cowher to be the next Giants head Coach. He wants to run it all with his guys.
My prediction.

good god people that s**t is never ever gonna happen....dude has been out of the league for 12 years lol. Who in the hell is gonna put together for a coaching staff

That's all I hear from NY fans....Bill Cowher will be the HC, nah man it gonna be John Gruden....no dude Nick Saben lol. One of my buddies says he's betting on Tomlin huh?

In the real world someone like John Dorsey as GM and Dave Toub would actually make sense.

I can't see McDaniels going anywhere either...once BIll retires Josh get's that gig.

toub would be a great hire imo, dorsey also. Chiefs built a solid foundation.

yup that's what I've been telling my Giants homer fans BUT they want unrealistic guys like Saben/Cowher lol smh
Originally posted by susweel:

Giants
Browns
Broncos ?
Colts
Redskins ?

throw TB, Bears, and Cinci on that list.

Giants
Browns
Broncos ?
Colts
Redskins ?

why redskins tho?
I really don't think the Browns are going to fire Hue Jackson, tbh. Would have heard something by now if it was true. I mean lets face it, they are probably going 0-16. I see one possible win against Chicago and that's it.
  • dj43

Giants
Browns
Broncos ?
Colts
Redskins ?

As bad as they have been, I don't see the Browns dumping Hue. He has no talent.

Broncos - eh, Vance Joseph seems to be in over his head. That team just came apart on so many levels. Still a bad look for Elway to fire him after only one year.

Colts - check

TB - Another good coordinator over his head

Bears - check

Bengals - long over-due house cleaning there. Too bad they can't get rid of the owner.

Redskins - no. Jon's little brother had done a pretty good job considering the crazy number of injuries and defections they have had. OTOH, it is Dan Snyder we are talking about.
[ Edited by dj43 on Dec 5, 2017 at 5:19 PM ]
Vance Joseph looks like he could be one and done. If the quote below is accurate, Elway's position shouldn't be super safe either.

https://www.ninersnation.com/2017/1/23/14357796/kyle-shanahan-broncos-head-coach-job-rumors

."If John Elway, I know this for a fact now, felt this team was in a rebuild, and felt he needed to bring a different culture into that locker room and into the meeting rooms, Kyle Shanahan very well could have been your head coach right now," said Shapiro. "John Elway felt that they were still on the track to go to the playoffs, and even get to and win a Super Bowl again. Because they're not in a rebuild, because they don't need to change the culture any, Vance Joseph was the guy to come in and keep things going."

At some point the heat has to fall on Horseface for any number of things, from his piss poor offensive drafting and utter inability to find a QB despite playing the position in the NFL for nearly two decades and now choosing the wrong head coach along with dumping a top notch DC in Wade Phillips. Without Peyton Manning, he may not have lasted this long.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/from-mile-high-to-rock-bottom-why-john-elway-is-to-blame-for-broncos-disaster/

But, well, the last five drafts have been beyond spotty at best (more on that later), attempts to address the offensive line have failed, drastically, via the draft and free agency (losing Russell Okung, over-paying Menelik Watson and Ronald Leary in free agency). The quarterback position, since signing Manning as a free agent, has been bad (drafting Osweiler, Siemian and then Lynch, the later in the first round), and this was also the man very willing to pay Osweiler $15M a year to stay in Denver. Luckily for him Texans owner Bob McNair was willing to give the Brock Lobster $18M a year.

Players like Von Miller and Demaryius Thomas haven't been as impactful since getting their massive extensions, and did I mention all the coaches they have churned through, including letting Wade Phillips leave as their defensive coordinator a year ago? Yeah, not a good look. And the defense has taken a major step back under Joseph, who had just one year of NFL defensive coordinator experience prior to Elway shockingly hiring him as head coach.

Denver ranks just 19th in sacks despite all the money in Miller and taking Shane Ray in the first round. They haven't been able to find a feature back. And, the reality is, the group of men who led this team to the Super Bowl – Manning aside – were brought in prior to Elway's arrival and prior to him assuming full personnel reigns. That deep vein of talent has run dry, and the influx of impact players, the past five years, hasn't been close to the five years preceding that.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Dec 5, 2017 at 5:49 PM ]
Originally posted by gold49digger:
why redskins tho?

Nah I'd leave them off the list

Giants
Browns
Broncos ?
Colts
Redskins ?

Arizona?
Lions?
Chicago?
Cincy?
Tampa?

A lot of wildcards this year. I expect many surprises

Originally posted by ziggy_gonna_rock:
Arizona?
Lions?
Chicago?
Cincy?
Tampa?

A lot of wildcards this year. I expect many surprises

I doubt that the Cards will be changing head coaches. Arians is still a good coach, he's just been stubborn about changing up his staff and getting rid of his garbage special teams coordinator but not even he can ignore the poor results on special teams anymore.
4 100% totally sure axed coaches are:

John Fox (next in line for being executed either next week or on Black Monday)
Chuck Pagano (new GM means new coach specially if old coach doesn't bring good results)
Marvin Lewis (last season under contract so most likely not offer an extension)
Hue Jackson (also maybe the entire front office as well after their failure on trading for Jimmy G, which I loved it *wink wink* and McCarroni)

Another 2 would be Vance Joseph and Dirk Koetter depending on how they finish the season also if something else come out to pink slip them.
I would be shocked if it happened, but Jason Garrett could be a possibility, even though Jerrah loves the guy like a son
Originally posted by NIMV4683:
4 100% totally sure axed coaches are:

John Fox (next in line for being executed either next week or on Black Monday)
Chuck Pagano (new GM means new coach specially if old coach doesn't bring good results)
Marvin Lewis (last season under contract so most likely not offer an extension)
Hue Jackson (also maybe the entire front office as well after their failure on trading for Jimmy G, which I loved it *wink wink* and McCarroni)

Another 2 would be Vance Joseph and Dirk Koetter depending on how they finish the season also if something else come out to pink slip them.

Just bring Darth Fangio back to the 49ers and all will be well.
Trent Baalke / Chip Kelly
Share 49ersWebzone