LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 302 users in the forums

The Coaching/Front Office Carousel

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Browns owner Jimmy Haslam confirmed Hue Jackson will return for the 2018 season.

Browns fired EVP Sashi Brown on Thursday. "Hue Jackson will remain our coach and will return for the 2018 season," Haslam said in a statement, "but we feel it is necessary to take significant steps to strengthen our personnel department." The moves suggest Jackson has won some sort of internal power struggle, likely indicating he will have an important voice in personnel decisions moving forward. If that is true, it could hinder Cleveland's search for a new general manager.

I think that's pure speculation...I don't see how you give a HC MORE power with ONE win in two yrs lol. Improving the FO means finding a better GM and those guys aren't gonna let the HC with a s**tty record run the show.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Dec 7, 2017 at 8:31 AM ]
Originally posted by 49er_Rider:
#Browns 2018 draft picks:

Round 1
Round 1 (via HOU)
Round 2
Round 2 (via HOU)
Round 2 (via PHI)
Round 3
Round 4
Round 4 (via CAR)
Round 5
Round 5 (via KC)
Round 6
Round 6 (via PIT)
Round 7

Browns gonna Browns tho
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Browns gonna Browns tho

A quality GM could have a field day with that many high draft picks.
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Hue needs to take a QB at #1, something to excite the fan base.

I think they go Saquan Barkley and trade for AJ McArron. It's pretty obvious Jackson will go after McArron in the off season when Jackson was introducing McArron to Jimmy Haslam at the Browns vs Bengals game.

or!!!

They could take Saquan Barkley #1 overall then go Lamar Jackson with their second 1st round pick that will probably be in the top 10.

But I think they trade for McArron.

That would be terrible for the fans. Passing on the top prospect again..this time for McArron.

Exactly. I think they go Darnold. You can't sell Aj MCarron to your fans.

Darnold is sounding like he will be heading back to college....Rosen is the #1 pick in the draft
I think if Andy Reid gets canned in KC, he would be good for the Browns. He knows offense and knows how to turn around a team. Did it with the Eagles and KC.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Dec 7, 2017 at 8:35 AM ]
I think they take Lamar Jackson. What Watson did this year is going to turn people back on the athletic qb. Hue will have little say on this pick unless he agrees with the owner.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
I think if Andy Reid gets canned in KC, he would be good for the Browns. He knows offense and knows how to turn around a team. Did it with the Eagles and KC.

no way man.
Originally posted by tjd808185:
I think they take Lamar Jackson. What Watson did this year is going to turn people back on the athletic qb. Hue will have little say on this pick unless he agrees with the owner.

totally a possibility.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

no way man.

No way he gets fired or no way he would want to go to the Browns.

no way man.

No way he gets fired or no way he would want to go to the Browns.

Both. Browns are a s**t show right now. They'll have to get some semblance of know how and positive direction in that front office before a respected coach will touch that team. They'll ride with Hue for a bit longer more out of lack of options than anything.
[ Edited by Willisfn4life on Dec 7, 2017 at 8:46 AM ]

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Hue needs to take a QB at #1, something to excite the fan base.

I think they go Saquan Barkley and trade for AJ McArron. It's pretty obvious Jackson will go after McArron in the off season when Jackson was introducing McArron to Jimmy Haslam at the Browns vs Bengals game.

or!!!

They could take Saquan Barkley #1 overall then go Lamar Jackson with their second 1st round pick that will probably be in the top 10.

But I think they trade for McArron.

That would be terrible for the fans. Passing on the top prospect again..this time for McArron.

I just don't see hue Jackson taking a QB high if they go after McArron. They almost traded 2nd and 3rd round picks for him, which I'm sure they'll do in March. I can't see them spending a 1st a QB, that would be three first high picks devoted to QB's.

Sorry Cleveland fans AJ McArron is your QB and they all probably know it already.

I don't agree with that though....the new GM will have a say in that and if it's Dorsey (which there's speculation on that) He will want his own guy which might be Rosen.

I HIGHLY doubt any good GM will step foot into that job if they're told AJ mccarron is gonna be their starter lol (Hue is on thin ice as it is)

Speculation on my behalf but who knows, Schefter did say they started thinking about GM and candidates for a few weeks now and they probably did tel Dorsey about McArron.

We shall see though, but I just don't see Rosen being a Brown, I see them taking Barkley or trading down.....lol once again. I'm not saying that's the right move just going off their track record.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:
Browns tried to think outside the box and went too far outside the box. You hire an attorney and a guy with a baseball management background to lead your football front office and operations and it's no wonder they've only won one game the last two seasons combined. They need to bring some real football people in and give them the time and resources to fix that mess.

It was bound to be a disaster from Day 1 and being that it was an ownership decision, I don't have much hope for them in the future. I mean who thinks that a guy who strictly been an attorney his entire time in the NFL is in anyway competent to have the final say in personnel? It was a laughable approach.

Yep. The only thing Brown did was load the team up with alot of draft picks. That might be the only selling card the browns have for potential gm candidates right now. That and a comfortable amount of cap space.
[ Edited by Willisfn4life on Dec 7, 2017 at 8:47 AM ]
There's a big wild card to all of this though. Kirk Cousins. We know Clv tried to trade for him and has the cao space to at least attract his agent. If he goes to Clv or NYG they'll give him Barkley.
damn im not sure the next gm will even keep Hue. he had the s**ttiest end of the stick that a HC can have.
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:
Both. Browns are a s**t show right now. They'll have to get some semblance of know how and positive direction in that front office before a respected coach will touch that team. They'll ride with Hue for a bit longer more out of lack of options than anything.

Jeff Fisher is rarin' to go. With his level of desperation, I think he would take the job too.
Share 49ersWebzone