LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 248 users in the forums

The Coaching/Front Office Carousel

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by LayTheWoodall:
I would be shocked if it happened, but Jason Garrett could be a possibility, even though Jerrah loves the guy like a son

About the only person in the world who isnt judged at all on his results. Garrett and Jerry are great for Dallas. As long as they are there, they will continue the self destruction.
[ Edited by English on Dec 6, 2017 at 2:28 AM ]
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by stonecold590:
Now that the GM has also been fired I expect Bill Cowher to be the next Giants head Coach. He wants to run it all with his guys.
My prediction.

good god people that s**t is never ever gonna happen....dude has been out of the league for 12 years lol. Who in the hell is he gonna put together for a coaching staff

That's all I hear from NY fans....Bill Cowher will be the HC, nah man it gonna be John Gruden....no dude Nick Saben lol. One of my buddies says he's betting on Tomlin huh?

In the real world someone like John Dorsey as GM and Dave Toub would actually make sense.

I can't see McDaniels going anywhere either...once BIll retires Josh get's that gig.

Keep your eye on Dave Gettlemen. He spent a large number of years in the Giants' organization and is still well respected within it.
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by stonecold590:
Now that the GM has also been fired I expect Bill Cowher to be the next Giants head Coach. He wants to run it all with his guys.
My prediction.

good god people that s**t is never ever gonna happen....dude has been out of the league for 12 years lol. Who in the hell is he gonna put together for a coaching staff

That's all I hear from NY fans....Bill Cowher will be the HC, nah man it gonna be John Gruden....no dude Nick Saben lol. One of my buddies says he's betting on Tomlin huh?

In the real world someone like John Dorsey as GM and Dave Toub would actually make sense.

I can't see McDaniels going anywhere either...once BIll retires Josh get's that gig.

Keep your eye on Dave Gettlemen. He spent a large number of years in the Giants' organization and is still well respected within it.

yup that was another guy that got brought up...he could snag the current DC in Carolina Steve Wilks as HC.

NY fans would be all sad eyes over that lol
McD will be gone this year. Bill's still got a couple years and with Jimmy gone that rebuild isn't looking as pretty.

Clv has had 2 years or less stints with their previous 4 coaches. They should fire Hue but can they? They'll be begging Jeff Fisher to coach them.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Dec 6, 2017 at 6:15 AM ]
Originally posted by tjd808185:
McD will be gone this year. Bill's still got a couple years and with Jimmy gone that rebuild isn't looking as pretty.

Clv has had 2 years or less stints with their previous 4 coaches. They should fire Hue but can they? They'll be begging Jeff Fisher to coach them.

McDaniels+Caserio to the Giants makes a whole lot of sense. How many more opportunities will they get to have a job with a high profile organization like the Giants, one that has been relatively stable for a long time.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
My predictions:

NYG: Caserio for GM, McDaniels for HC
CHI: Pat Shurmur, OC for Vikings
CLE: Jim Schwartz, DC for Eagles
CIN: Frank Reich, OC for Eagles
IND: Dave Toub, DT for Chiefs

I don't think TB or DEN will fire their coaches yet.
Originally posted by GEEK:
My predictions:

What an awful year to need to hire a HC. Outside of McDaniels and Toub.....gross.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Mostly I am thankful that this thread is in NFL Talk and not Niner Talk for once.

hear, hear!!

What an awful year to need to hire a HC. Outside of McDaniels and Toub.....gross.

This!!!
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
My predictions:

Don't count Jim Harbaugh out.

But Pat Shurmur as a head coach, not a good hire at all.

• GEEK
  • Veteran
My predictions:

Yep. Credit Jed York for not getting trigger happy on the hire.

I think guys like Jim Harbaugh, David Shaw, Brian Kelly, and Jon Gruden will have their names circulate for these openings. The caveat of their hiring will stem on the GM and personnel control. If I was Haslam, I'd go all in for Harbaugh. He'd be the savior for that franchise like he was for the 49ers. Reunite Roman and Fangio as coordinators. With Rosen #1 overall, you got the QB of the future and a slew of Day 1/2 picks to address other needs.
Originally posted by LayTheWoodall:

This!!!

I'm just glad that I feel confident in who our coach is and the direction the team is going.
Sashi Brown is out in Cleveland. I guess the experiment of Brown, DePodesta, and Hue wasn't so innovative after all.
[ Edited by Willisfn4life on Dec 7, 2017 at 7:43 AM ]
Browns fired VP Sashi Brown. Can't see Hue staying much longer. Don't know what HC will want to go there either.
My predictions:

Yep. Credit Jed York for not getting trigger happy on the hire.

I think guys like Jim Harbaugh, David Shaw, Brian Kelly, and Jon Gruden will have their names circulate for these openings. The caveat of their hiring will stem on the GM and personnel control. If I was Haslam, I'd go all in for Harbaugh. He'd be the savior for that franchise like he was for the 49ers. Reunite Roman and Fangio as coordinators. With Rosen #1 overall, you got the QB of the future and a slew of Day 1/2 picks to address other needs.

I am still not sure the Jedi made that decision and we know the doctor york didnt . My money was on Denise. She does run a mean hockey franchise. I think she and eddie were the brains in that family, not son nor husband.
Share 49ersWebzone