LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 330 users in the forums

The Coaching/Front Office Carousel

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by davide49:
Marathe talked Khan into hiring Baalke. Dude should have been purged along with him. F'ing worm.

So Paraag should have been fired for going to bat for a friend and former colleague and helping him land a gig with the Jags?
Originally posted by evil:
Marathe talked Khan into hiring Baalke. Dude should have been purged along with him. F'ing worm.

So Paraag should have been fired for going to bat for a friend and former colleague and helping him land a gig with the Jags?

He should have been fired then for being a key player in the goddamn mess that happened post Harbaugh and for his role in making it all happen. The fact that he's got such s**tty judgement leads me to again, for the like the 8th time, conclude that he should be nowhere near a leadership role with the Niners.

To be clear: Trent Baalke is a horrible GM. Helping talk an NFL owner into hiring him shows that you have garbage instincts and judgement.

I have this itch that tells me well never win s**t as long as this leech is around.
Originally posted by evil:

He should have been fired then for being a key player in the goddamn mess that happened post Harbaugh and for his role in making it all happen. The fact that he's got such s**tty judgement leads me to again, for the like the 8th time, conclude that he should be nowhere near a leadership role with the Niners.

To be clear: Trent Baalke is a horrible GM. Helping talk an NFL owner into hiring him shows that you have garbage instincts and judgement.

I have this itch that tells me well never win s**t as long as this leech is around.

Apparently you aren't aware of Paraag"s role in this team and how much we owe him.
Originally posted by English:
Apparently you aren't aware of Paraag"s role in this team and how much we owe him.

I'm well aware of his role in the team, in that it has always been unclear, was reduced to "next to nothing" in the Baalke purge and then magically became near equal with Kyle/John.

How much we owe him? Huh? Like he's done some magical favor for us?
I mean seriously did we all forget this s**t somehow? http://blogs.mercurynews.com/kawakami/2015/12/03/paraag-marathe/

I'm well aware of his role in the team, in that it has always been unclear, was reduced to "next to nothing" in the Baalke purge and then magically became near equal with Kyle/John.

How much we owe him? Huh? Like he's done some magical favor for us?

I have no idea what you are talking about. Paraag's position in the team has remained, as far as I am aware, stable and related to the salary cap. He did seem to have some extra roles during the Baalke administration but information during that time was unclear.

So, just so as you know, he is the Executive Vice President of football operations. He is the chief contract negotiator and salary cap architect, and oversees the team's football analytics department. At no time, as far as I am aware, was the contracts and salary cap role reduced to next to nothing neither was it subsequently magically restored.
I mean seriously did we all forget this s**t somehow? http://blogs.mercurynews.com/kawakami/2015/12/03/paraag-marathe/

I can't access this link but I view Kawakami as virtually on par with Cohn.
Sounds like the Eagles are deciding between Nick Sirianni and Josh McDaniels. I think Sirianni will make a good coach.
It's so interesting that bienemy hasn't been getting too much buzz besides a last ditch effort for the Texans to salvage their relationship with Watson. I know he has a playoff run going on but I wonder if he just isn't that good of an interviewer or the nfl is over rating him a little.

I have no idea what you are talking about. Paraag's position in the team has remained, as far as I am aware, stable and related to the salary cap. He did seem to have some extra roles during the Baalke administration but information during that time was unclear.

So, just so as you know, he is the Executive Vice President of football operations. He is the chief contract negotiator and salary cap architect, and oversees the team's football analytics department. At no time, as far as I am aware, was the contracts and salary cap role reduced to next to nothing neither was it subsequently magically restored.

English, read the thread man. He was essentially removed from football ops for a short period of time. This is well established.

It works and in it is a link to the original reporting from Cam Inman. And sorry, if you think Kawakami has no more credence than Cohn, it'll be best for us to agree to disagree on pretty much everything.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame

It works and in it is a link to the original reporting from Cam Inman. And sorry, if you think Kawakami has no more credence than Cohn, it'll be best for us to agree to disagree on pretty much everything.

Fine, let's disagree on everything then. One point, your link is not accessible in this country. Which is why I said I can't access it, not that it didn't work.
It's curious two of the "sure thing" HC hires, Bieniemy & Daboll didn't get a HC job. EB's got arguably the best OC job in the NFL and Daboll's a fast-rising OC. On the Herd today, they were saying they can both be patient as there'll be more openings coming for them. They played new Lions HC Dan Campbell's presser...OMG, he sounded like a cave man...wants to make the Lions the most-feared team in the NFL. Good luck with that. Lions are like the Browns were...couldn't figure out the HC position. They still can't.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
It's curious two of the "sure thing" HC hires, Bieniemy & Daboll didn't get a HC job. EB's got arguably the best OC job in the NFL and Daboll's a fast-rising OC. On the Herd today, they were saying they can both be patient as there'll be more openings coming for them. They played new Lions HC Dan Campbell's presser...OMG, he sounded like a cave man...wants to make the Lions the most-feared team in the NFL. Good luck with that. Lions are like the Browns were...couldn't figure out the HC position. They still can't.

I feel like it was the best thing for both of them. Next year's FO/HC circus may field better options for them.
Share 49ersWebzone