LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 275 users in the forums

The Coaching/Front Office Carousel

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Anyone think we bring in Dan Quinn when thus finally goes down?

As HC? No. As D.C. if Saleh leaves? Maybe. I would prefer a younger guy working upwards though.
Originally posted by English:

As HC? No. As D.C. if Saleh leaves? Maybe. I would prefer a younger guy working upwards though.

You seriously thought I meant as a HC? I'm talking about to help out on defense if it happens this year. As for DC going forward of Saleh gets a HC job, yes Quinn is an option to me.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran

You seriously thought I meant as a HC? I'm talking about to help out on defense if it happens this year. As for DC going forward of Saleh gets a HC job, yes Quinn is an option to me.

F no to Quinn as DC. His defenses have been horrible for years in ATL regardless of DC coaches. Plus, I don't think Shanahan and him have the best relationship with Quinn threw him under the bus for the SB loss.

Age is not a quality attribute.
BTW, Saleh is young.
[ Edited by communist on Oct 11, 2020 at 5:40 PM ]
Originally posted by zeppfan1:
Originally posted by communist:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
The Falcons and Texans both screwed up big-time by not firing their coaches at the end of last season. Houston would still likely have DeAndre Hopkins and Atlanta could have gone all in on a younger, offensive minded coach to make the most of the years that Matt Ryan and Julio Jones have left.
Why do you think that?

Because BoB is a potato. Not many other coach/GMs would've done that idiotic trade.
Iirc, there were some contract issues, i.e. either trading or watching him leave as a FA after this season.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Dan Quinn is another Mike Nolan. Just no. Stay far away.
Like Phoenix stated, should have done after the last season, in despite of the worthless winning streak.
The Falcons and Dan Quinn never recovered from that Super Bowl choke. Shanahan was a huge part of their success that year. I truly hope the same thing doesn't happen to our 49ers where they don't recover from our Super Bowl Loss. I believe we won't, but only time will tell.
Wow, I didn't know they actually fired them already. It's crazy how fast that team collapsed. The Falcons roster was absolutely LOADED a few years ago. It's still pretty damn solid. Things can change overnight in the NFL as we're seeing with our 49ers.
[ Edited by Heroism on Oct 11, 2020 at 10:14 PM ]

Originally posted by Heroism:
Wow, I didn't know they actually fired them already. It's crazy how fast that team collapsed. The Falcons roster was absolutely LOADED a few years ago. It's still pretty damn solid. Things can change overnight in the NFL as we're seeing with our 49ers.

The need an offensive minded HC. I bet they draft a QB in round 1 also.
How do you guys feel about him becoming a DC again, but for the 49ers? I have no idea if he can be an effective DC.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
How do you guys feel about him becoming a DC again, but for the 49ers? I have no idea if he can be an effective DC.

He didn't struggle with our mobile QB when he was in Seattle....
For as much success as Pete Caroll has had, his guys haven't been good HC's so far: Gus Bradley and Dan Quinn.
Originally posted by pdizo916:

No. If the 49ers are going to move on from Saleh, I want a clear upgrade ie Vic Fangio.
Share 49ersWebzone