LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 203 users in the forums

The Coaching/Front Office Carousel

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jcool:

Man, not a very impressive list.

**Manuel was actually drafted by Cincy way back when.
[ Edited by TheXFactor on Feb 7, 2019 at 7:59 AM ]
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Former 49er

That.... Is not a good sign....

They just don't want to bust their ass for a good defensive showing, then have to change his diaper when Zac s**t the bed with 3pts like his mentor McVay
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Feb 7, 2019 at 8:56 AM ]
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by TheXFactor:
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by pelos21:
Miami finally doing some things to take that division.

Have you seen Tannehill play bro?

Have you? He 17 TDs in 11 starts this year. You are acting like he is Mark Sanchez.

I've watched about 15 games, since they are my brother's team. He isn't franchise material. That's why the rumors are heavy with them moving on from him. He's not good man.

My personal opinion is that he has not had a truly good QB coach. Adam Gase rode Manning to his promotion but failed to get even close to a competitive team in Miami. It may be just the curse of the Dolphins but I would like to see Tannehill get some good coaching before I wrote him.

His teams were pretty competitive. Went 10-6 his first year and 7-9 last year. His 6-10 record coincided with Tannehill blowing
his ACL out in TC.

Yep, and the guy gets hurt every freaking year. Most Fins fans want to move on.
I live in south Florida and am stuck watching and all Miami is is mediocre, with tannehill they're never bad enough to draft top 5 and get a game changer or good enough to get in the playoffs except that one year where they got murdered by the Steelers. Tannehill makes way too much to be mediocre. They should move on especially if it's true their owner Stephen Ross is looking to get Tua

Yeah man, they will probably try to get a bridge QB like Tyrod or Brisset.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

They just don't want to bust their ass for a good defensive showing, then have to change his diaper when Zac s**t the bed with 3pts like his mentor McVay

We will give them Saleh for AJ Green. #fairdeal #getridofxerxes
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

So far have struck out on Del Rio and now Capers. This McVay hype is gonna get a lot of people fired

Last I heard Capers was headed to Miami in a senior consultant role for the defense. It may have more to do with him honoring a handshake deal in place already with Flores.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

We will give them Saleh for AJ Green. #fairdeal #getridofxerxes

LOL the Bungles would think it's a good deal...we'll be wiping sweat off forehead while saying, "dumb f**ks actually fell for it"
Anyone see that Tim Rattay will coach Alex Smith possibly in Washington?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

he is probably a good coach just like ken dorsey.. way below average qbs but those are the type that make the best qb coaches in my opinion. montana and young would not make good coaches and montana was a disaster as a tv in studio guy while young thrives in that area. weird

Originally posted by cciowa:
he is probably a good coach just like ken dorsey.. way below average qbs but those are the type that make the best qb coaches in my opinion. montana and young would not make good coaches and montana was a disaster as a tv in studio guy while young thrives in that area. weird

Had a killer football game back in the day though.

• dj43

...and not just in your opinion. Most of the best coaches were not the very physically gifted guys but guys who had to constantly work hard, study games and technique, just to stay in the league, if they even got that far. They understood HOW the game had to be played and the importance of teaching it.

Guys like Sean Payton who kicked around the arena league and Europe had to learn everything he could just to pay the bills. Now he is one of the most innovative and successful coaches in the league.

Bill Belichick played center and tight end in high school but nothing above that and he is regarded as one of the best ever.

Mike Vrabel is another guy who was never a star but made it through hard work and appears on his way to a successful HC career as well.

The list is long...

if those two adopted a kid and raised him up, probably the next joe montana or tom brady.
[ Edited by DRCHOWDER on Feb 8, 2019 at 7:08 PM ]

...and not just in your opinion. Most of the best coaches were not the very physically gifted guys but guys who had to constantly work hard, study games and technique, just to stay in the league, if they even got that far. They understood HOW the game had to be played and the importance of teaching it.

Guys like Sean Payton who kicked around the arena league and Europe had to learn everything he could just to pay the bills. Now he is one of the most innovative and successful coaches in the league.

Bill Belichick played center and tight end in high school but nothing above that and he is regarded as one of the best ever.

Mike Vrabel is another guy who was never a star but made it through hard work and appears on his way to a successful HC career as well.

The list is long...
I'll add Kyle Shanahan, Don Shula, and Bill Walsh to the list.
  • dj43
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

The list is long...
I'll add Kyle Shanahan, Don Shula, and Bill Walsh to the list.

Yep, those as well.

I was only trying to stay relevant.
Share 49ersWebzone