There are 134 users in the forums

The Coaching/Front Office Carousel

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
No way he gets fired or no way he would want to go to the Browns.

lol both
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Speculation on my behalf but who knows, Schefter did say they started thinking about GM and candidates for a few weeks now and they probably did tel Dorsey about McArron.

We shall see though, but I just don't see Rosen being a Brown, I see them taking Barkley or trading down.....lol once again. I'm not saying that's the right move just going off their track record.

A RB at one 👀 can't see that.

I also can't see them getting any sort of "football mind" at GM that's willing to bet his future on trading for AJ...especially a guy like Dorsey.

Rosen will be the #1 pick in the draft even if the browns (stupidly) aren't the ones picking.

Brown's fans would kill if they passed on wentz/Watson then pass on Rosen in favor of some backup, who honestly didn't put up amazing numbers.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Speculation on my behalf but who knows, Schefter did say they started thinking about GM and candidates for a few weeks now and they probably did tel Dorsey about McArron.

We shall see though, but I just don't see Rosen being a Brown, I see them taking Barkley or trading down.....lol once again. I'm not saying that's the right move just going off their track record.

A RB at one 👀 can't see that.

I also can't see them getting any sort of "football mind" at GM that's willing to bet his future on trading for AJ...especially a guy like Dorsey.

Rosen will be the #1 pick in the draft even if the browns (stupidly) aren't the ones picking.

Brown's fans would kill if they passed on wentz/Watson then pass on Rosen in favor of some backup, who honestly didn't put up amazing numbers.
Pretty much. And I was reading that Hue wanted both qb's but was overruled by the GM
Sashi was a numbers guy that looked cool only problem he knew nothing about football talent. Hue Jackson, 1-27, how does he get a vote of confidence?
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Both. Browns are a s**t show right now. They'll have to get some semblance of know how and positive direction in that front office before a respected coach will touch that team. They'll ride with Hue for a bit longer more out of lack of options than anything.

Jeff Fisher is rarin' to go. With his level of desperation, I think he would take the job too.

He's already at Haslam's doorstep.

"I can give you what no other has ever given you Jimmy...6-8 wins and a s**tload of I formations."

"I got fake punts for days!"
Both. Browns are a s**t show right now. They'll have to get some semblance of know how and positive direction in that front office before a respected coach will touch that team. They'll ride with Hue for a bit longer more out of lack of options than anything.

Jeff Fisher is rarin' to go. With his level of desperation, I think he would take the job too.

He's already at Haslam's doorstep.

"I can give you what no other has ever given you Jimmy...6-8 wins and a s**tload of I formations."

"I got fake punts for days!"

So hire fisher... Draft Barkley at #1, take Lamar Jax with their 2nd 1st round pick and run the zone read like a motherf**ker! I formation is for chicks.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Sashi was a numbers guy that looked cool only problem he knew nothing about football talent. Hue Jackson, 1-27, how does he get a vote of confidence?

Yeah the Browns' message boards arent happy about that.

Poor browns fans lol
A Cleveland man asked for $10,000 on GoFundMe to organize a Browns "Perfect Season" 0-16 parade.

Excedrin contributed the final $7,683 and will be the sponsor of the parade should the Browns complete the feat.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/12/07/sashi-brown-cleveland-browns-fired

Damn that was Ray Ratto/Tim Kawakami-esque.

Originally posted by RishikeshA:

meh. Just look at the head coaching candidates out there. Most of them aren't any good. And even the decent ones like McDaniels will obviously not take a job with the Browns. The only guy who might take a job with them is Jeff Fisher at this point

I'd hire a GM with football experience, and give Hue one more year like the Colts did with Ballard and Chuck Pagano. If he can't produce with his hand picked QB, get him out of there.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Poor browns fans lol

Browns need to centralized their decision making. If they are going to hold over Hue, then give him the control from coaching up to the FO, like Kyle Shanahan. Someone he can trust and work with in the FO.

If not, then I don't see a GM that has control of both personnel and HC, willing to go with Hue. That GM will want to be involved in his own HC hire and possibly a high qb draft pick also.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Dec 7, 2017 at 3:40 PM ]
I find Hue's time with the Browns such a waste of 3 years for the organization. He couldn't find a veteran qb to stabilized the position. Don't even have to be a playoff caliber qb. Just someone to operate the offense, even in a losing effort. While at the same time, take and develop a qb high in the draft. By year 3, they should have legit NFL starting qb by now.

Instead, he tried to resurrect RG3 and didn't draft a qb high in the draft, only Kizer last year in the 2nd rd.

So much retardedness. Now he wants McCarron... yeah that should be plan A in year 1. He's the vet your are looking for to run the offense while you draft the real franchise qb to develop behind McCarron
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Dec 7, 2017 at 3:55 PM ]
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
That was quick

Share 49ersWebzone