LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 249 users in the forums

Jon Gruden

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by WINiner:
Originally posted by VDpwndMjenkins:
10 yrs 10 mill per?

Like player contracts, apparently it's back loaded.

All guaranteed though lol
Originally posted by 49erWill:
I'm curious to see how he deals with a young QB …

Originally posted by strickac:
It's said to be tough on QBs. Carr has some experience, but he also doesn't strike me as the sharpest guy either …

Originally posted by 49ERFANb4Uwas:
Gruden: "Hey Derek. Here's the play:
'Scatter the West....Right tight...F..stick.. Looky, x..y..burst...purple monkey dishwasher' "

Derek: "Scatter the...um...east.. hey coach, what's the play again

Gruden: $@&%#*!!!

I'm watching PFT, while typing this …
Chris Simms is on with Mike Florio, and eventually the convo came around to Gruden

Chris -- without repeating Gruden' exact words choices during his sideline rants -- spoke to
how Chucky deals with QB's. I came away feeling that his "bedside manner" so to speak,
is not the best at times.

Chris went on to state (based on his experiences), that this type of behaviour, is his concern
with regard to Carr' mental well being … and how he reacts to, and deals with Gruden, when
[going Chucky] on game days ???
Originally posted by Morgan49:
Dumpster fire on the horizon

This.
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

Cincy should just counter and make him DC/assistant HC.
Originally posted by TheXFactor:

Cincy should just counter and make him DC/assistant HC.

Paul Alexander their offensive line coach already has the assistant head coach title. There are teams here and there that have an associate head coach as well but I feel like when you just start throwing titles out to add more prestige to a coache's name, it takes away some of the importance of having the title.
[ Edited by Willisfn4life on Jan 8, 2018 at 8:47 AM ]
ill miss him as a commentator :/
Originally posted by defenderDX:

Wonder who they'll get to replace him
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Tony Romo.

God that dude is horrible.

Originally posted by Kolohe:

Tony Romo.

I don't know. Romo seemed very natural and smart in analyzing the game. On top of that, he wasn't trying to be over the top next John Madden like Gruden or some of the other guys who overdo it with the phrases and reactions. Romo seems very steady and also questions strategies.
[ Edited by Joecool on Jan 8, 2018 at 9:46 AM ]
Originally posted by strickac:
Once they get rolling Atl won't be able to keep pace. Atlanta are phonies. They were all Kyle Shanahan. Now they're just another team.
I am hearing that all season long...
Originally posted by 49erWill:
I was talking to a friend of the family over watching the Rams game. He's a raider fan so I brought up Gruden. Of course it's the best hire ever.

Me: do you think he will have issues putting a good staff together since he's been away so long?

Him: no because he's been in the booth, he's in touch with the game and a lot of the coaches know him.

Me: yeah but these guys seem to follow guy's they have coached with so it might be tough.

Him: no because he's been in the booth, he's in touch with the game and a lot of the coaches know him.

Me: but...

Him: he's a great coach

Me: I mean he was good years ago

Him: it's Gruden..

Me: alrighty then, food ready yet?
accept the facts!!!!!!!!!!! he is great!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Though being in the booth and preparing the games, the draft etc. isn't bad.
Originally posted by 49ers81:
The best thing about Gruden going to the Raiders is that it gets him out of the MNF booth. That guy was one of the lamest "color" men I've ever heard. Hard to believe that he actually won a Super Bowl as his observations rarely got much beyond, "what a terrific catch" or, "They're going to have to get something going in the second half to get back into the game"
Lol, this isn't true. Take the Chiefs' game as an example. He explained a lot of times what play call might be next.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Tony Romo.

This

So anoying
Share 49ersWebzone