LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 339 users in the forums

DL Sheldon Day

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by frenchmov:
Originally posted by TheXFactor:
and if we are being honest, Armstead has shown more than Solomon has in his short career.

Lol no he hasn't. Armstead has been s**t from day 1

your memory isn't the best, then
Originally posted by tankle104:
does anyone know why this guy was released by the Jags? Three teams wanted to claim him and apparently he is a good player with a lot of upside in the right scheme

The answer to your question is in this thread.
Originally posted by Heroism:
Originally posted by tankle104:
does anyone know why this guy was released by the Jags? Three teams wanted to claim him and apparently he is a good player with a lot of upside in the right scheme

exactly, Coughlin didn't draft him. Just like Dial for our scheme
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
He'll do for now Mitchell has done absolutely nothing especially in the run game dude is a liability, i honestly thought we had found another Glenn Dorsey in Mitchell but dude sucks

Agreed. Mitchell has not played well. He hustles and is a good vet to mentor the young guys but he shouldn't be starting. Among starting NT's he is one of the worst in the league. That said, he would offer valuable reps as a backup.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Yeah, I figured Datone would be the one released.

That's because of tank I'm guessing
Originally posted by SteveYoung:
He'll do for now Mitchell has done absolutely nothing especially in the run game dude is a liability, i honestly thought we had found another Glenn Dorsey in Mitchell but dude sucks

Agreed. Mitchell has not played well. He hustles and is a good vet to mentor the young guys but he shouldn't be starting. Among starting NT's he is one of the worst in the league. That said, he would offer valuable reps as a backup.

What tape have you been watching. Mitchell has been playing pretty well this season.
Originally posted by SteveYoung:

What tape have you been watching. Mitchell has been playing pretty well this season.

U still watch tape? Hop into the new millenium
Originally posted by Heroism:

I started reading some of the posts to see but there was so much non sense that I thought it would be easier to just ask. Thanks though.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
The guy wanted to be a 49er coming out of Notre Dame...maybe it was meant to be !!!!
Originally posted by Ninerfan84:
Day is a one gap penetrator, not a two gapping NT. Don't think they are getting rid of Mitchell.

Nah your right...Mitchell was a underwhelming signing imo lol love to see that upgraded.

Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Yeah, I figured Datone would be the one released.

That's because of tank I'm guessing

Yes
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Nah your right...Mitchell was a underwhelming signing imo lol love to see that upgraded.

Hoping DJ will have taken that spot by next year.
Originally posted by saniner:
I wonder who gets dropped. Day was an intriguing prospect coming out and is still only 23.

That suckie a$$ tank that lives on tha IR
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
Originally posted by saniner:
I wonder who gets dropped. Day was an intriguing prospect coming out and is still only 23.

That suckie a$$ tank that lives on tha IR

Datone Jones dropped to make room for Tank

Exactly. We signed Mitchell to do pretty much one thing and one thing only, stop the run! He's helped improve our run D from dead last to very respectable. He's solid.
Share 49ersWebzone