LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 268 users in the forums

DL Sheldon Day

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Hopper:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
PFF rates him as the 13th-best pass-rushing defensive tackle in the league.

He should be extended. Lock him up as he enters his prime. He's simply a more slippery player than Mitchell and linemen struggle to sustain blocks against his motor and quick hands and feet.

Absolutely.

I do hope they extend him asap.

It's awesome that we acquired him for nothing at all.
[ Edited by TheXFactor on Oct 19, 2018 at 8:59 AM ]
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
PFF rates him as the 13th-best pass-rushing defensive tackle in the league.

He should be extended. Lock him up as he enters his prime. He's simply a more slippery player than Mitchell and linemen struggle to sustain blocks against his motor and quick hands and feet.

I completely agree that he should be extended. I understand that they prefer Mitchell at Nose, however he is comfortably the 2nd best 3 Tech as it stands, so is a starter in a lot of packages.
While the secondary gets credit for this sack, it also highlights how Sheldon Day wins with effort and active hands. Hands never stops firing as he slants across the formation. Bahktiari looks to land outside hand on Day's shoulder pad, but Day peels it off with a forklift technique and pin-chops Bahktiar's inside hands to cross him up.

They definitely need to extend him longterm along with Buckner.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Heroism:
While the secondary gets credit for this sack, it also highlights how Sheldon Day wins with effort and active hands. Hands never stops firing as he slants across the formation. Bahktiari looks to land outside hand on Day's shoulder pad, but Day peels it off with a forklift technique and pin-chops Bahktiar's inside hands to cross him up.

That's an all-pro tackle he did that against.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SFrush:

Buckner has two more years at a reasonable rate before you even push for an extension.
Originally posted by jcs:

Buckner has two more years at a reasonable rate before you even push for an extension.

Waiting only runs the risk of his price tag getting even higher. Lynch needs to sign him to extension after the season.
[ Edited by SFrush on Oct 19, 2018 at 4:04 PM ]
  • jcs
  • Veteran

Waiting only runs the risk of his price tag getting even higher. Lynch needs to sign him to extension after the season.
This makes no sense. You get him at a discount rate at 5.7 million for 2019 and around a 10 million 5th year option for 2020 before he gets into renegotiating his contract. The best defensive players in the League are making 20+ million per season. Paying him now moves past those low wages and starts paying him high dollars today.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran

This makes no sense. You get him at a discount rate at 5.7 million for 2019 and around a 10 million 5th year option for 2020 before he gets into renegotiating his contract. The best defensive players in the League are making 20 million per season. Paying him now moves past those low wages and starts paying him high dollars today.
Do you want him disgruntled and possibly holding out in the future? Because holding off on an extension is exactly where that could lead. That may be okay with you but I'll pass.

LMAO at Gumby (Armstead) falling down instantly. Nice recovery though.

Originally posted by TheXFactor:
I do hope they extend him asap.

It's awesome that we acquired him for nothing at all.

Not eligible yet, he was in Buckner's draft class, he can sign, as Buck can, after 2018 is over.
Originally posted by NCommand:
LMAO at Gumby (Armstead) falling down instantly. Nice recovery though.

Wasn't that Buckner? Armstead usually buzzes the tower and does a top gun flyby
That was definitely Buckner getting chipped by Graham. AA doesn't have the athleticism to recover like that.

Day keeps getting better and better. I read somewhere he's helping Thomas with some pass-rush tips. Actually if I recall right, I read that Thomas is talking with everyone on the DL to get pass rushing advice. Hopefully he's able to apply some of the techniques of some of our other guys so he can increase his effectiveness.
Now that our season is basically over start getting more snaps for Day and Thomas. How hard is it dammit?
Share 49ersWebzone