There are 210 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
That's why the physical is part of the process. Remember, I am the guy saying I don't know what took place.. I'm just going off the available evidence. The evidence, is he was told in Dec by docs, not to get surg. This was reported, and I recently reshared.

So let it heal, and he was getting close, per reports. Do you know how well it healed? Does anyone? I have no idea. Maybe it healed great, and the Raiders docs say well if he doesn't get surg there could be a 'future complication'. Who knows?

You guys are the ones claiming there was some impropriety or some shenanigans, just pulling that out of whole cloth, not me. The idea it didn't heal great, and he knows that, yet he intends to 'sneak it past Vegas' has been floated in here. So basically, he's a lying d-bag, trying to pull one over, with a bum foot, the same bum foot that Vegas (very obviously) would be highly scrutinizing, due to the very obvious injury that he recently had on it.. Again, how much sense does that even make? Try zero. In that scenario, the Raiders detected his ruse, and went ahead and signed him anyway. So they don't even care, they just don't want to be on the hook, if the foot fell off during surg.

If you have claims, back them with evidence. I don't have a claim, other than I don't buy yours. I also didn't buy the he's healthy enough to play in the NFCCG.. again, show me the evidence. I am not into gossip.

There isnt concrete evidence supporting OR refuting the idea that the Raiders knew exactly how injured Jimmy was when they were signing the contract. So you standing behind the "show evidence" card is silly.

Any evidence one has would be circumstantial. But like I said, there are two ways one could look at the situation. One is a logical hypothesis (that the Raiders had no idea the extent of the injury), and one is illogical (that they knew he was injured but they delayed the introductory press conference and renegotiated an agreed upon contract after they learned Jimmy failed a physical, but the failed physical had no impact on their decision).

You are on an island on this one. Normally your fellow Jimmy defenders would be on the same page as you. They arent. That should speak volumes.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:
Originally posted by English:
I hope he is ok. But very glad he is elsewhere this year.

Agreed. He tried to pull a fast one. Didn't work. Move on.

He tried to con the Raiders! The same Raiders who currently happily employ him, stand up for him publicly and can move on at a moment's notice, thanks to the agreement both parties reached.

See if you can spot the inconsistencies in the above..

here is a countdown you can do.. how about a countdown to your next JG evidence free conspiracy theory

You need to just give it a rest dude. You are clearly wrong here. Jimmy and his camp did not disclose everything from the start, otherwise there would have been ZERO need to renegotiate an agreed upon contract. No one is saying Jimmy tried to "con" the Raiders. But its not hard to connect the dots to see that the Raiders clearly did not know about this injury.

This isnt a conspiracy theory. Its attempting to be logical.

What does "pull a fast one" mean?
I'll ask google: try to gain an unfair advantage: similar to 'trick', which is similar to con

You are pulling stuff out the backside here..
How did they not freaking know, about an injury that took place on live TV? Do you think McD wanted to check in on his old guy JG when SF faced LV? Do you think he happened to notice that JG is sans uniform? Was he even in the bldg?

It just blows my mind, that you can suggest, the Raiders 'clearly did not know' about an injury, the entire world knew about it. It kept him out all season. You think they aren't gonna check on it?? Get real, will you?

They didnt know the injury was still an issue, not that they didnt know it happened. Cmon now. That shouldnt have needed to be said, but you are too concerned with trying to have a gotcha moment that you are nitpicking everything. Try to be logical here.

That's why the physical is part of the process. Remember, I am the guy saying I don't know what took place.. I'm just going off the available evidence. The evidence, is he was told in Dec by docs, not to get surg. This was reported, and I recently reshared.

So let it heal, and he was getting close, per reports. Do you know how well it healed? Does anyone? I have no idea. Maybe it healed great, and the Raiders docs say well if he doesn't get surg there could be a 'future complication'. Who knows?

You guys are the ones claiming there was some impropriety or some shenanigans, just pulling that out of whole cloth, not me. The idea it didn't heal great, and he knows that, yet he intends to 'sneak it past Vegas' has been floated in here. So basically, he's a lying d-bag, trying to pull one over, with a bum foot, the same bum foot that Vegas (very obviously) would be highly scrutinizing, due to the very obvious injury that he recently had on it.. Again, how much sense does that even make? Try zero. In that scenario, the Raiders detected his ruse, and went ahead and signed him anyway. So they don't even care, they just don't want to be on the hook, if the foot fell off during surg.

If you have claims, back them with evidence. I don't have a claim, other than I don't buy yours. I also didn't buy the he's healthy enough to play in the NFCCG.. again, show me the evidence. I am not into gossip.
The contract doesn't get renegotiated if both sides were on the same page from the beginning.

Guaranteed Cash on the day of signing doesn't disappear if both sides were on the same page.

stop the faith antics

Who cares about being on the same page? That is wholly irrelevant. He can walk in saying the foot injury gave him magic powers and a 60 in vertical. Who cares? They aren't gonna take anything on faith, they are going have it looked into, just like what you do when you buy a used car, and have a mechanic check.

The money is gone not as a consequence of not being "on the same page". The money is gone cuz of the medical. When he passes a physical, it returns.
As a SFG fan, when they negotiated with Correa, I don't give a bleep what the player or agent say. I care about what the medical staff says.
Who cares ? lol stop you're too funny

A physical is done when a player is assumed healthy, if he's healthy that player gets his signing bonus (pay day.. cha ching). If they knew he was unhealthy, they would have set up the contract on how it is now with a physical done later

jimmy negotiated a singing day bonus/money. Why negotiate that if you know you're going to lose it ?

This is where you assume he walks around with an x-ray machine x-raying his foot all day for live updates, and I don't.

Ask JG, maybe he could drop back, hit all his throws, and it felt fine.. and Vegas got a peek under the hood so to speak, and wants it cleaned up. How can you be certain?

He was told to let it heal without surg, by docs, that was reported, that's what he did, presumably. There is a difference between feeling fine, and not being cleared by a club on the medical. Correa feels fine his whole career, but he has some red flag stuff under the hood, that he probably doesn't even know or feel, but it shows up as a prob for clubs.
now you're being disingenuous with this.. carrying a xray really ? ..stop this childness denial
Same old same old

There isnt concrete evidence supporting OR refuting the idea that the Raiders knew exactly how injured Jimmy was when they were signing the contract. So you standing behind the "show evidence" card is silly.

Any evidence one has would be circumstantial. But like I said, there are two ways one could look at the situation. One is a logical hypothesis (that the Raiders had no idea the extent of the injury), and one is illogical (that they knew he was injured but they delayed the introductory press conference and renegotiated an agreed upon contract after they learned Jimmy failed a physical, but the failed physical had no impact on their decision).

You are on an island on this one. Normally your fellow Jimmy defenders would be on the same page as you. They arent. That should speak volumes.

You aren't even getting it. Sure the Raiders didn't know the full extent. That's the point of the physical. Ppl in here assume JG knew it was needing surg. There is no evidence of that. In fact there is opposite evidence, reports that he was informed by docs, it didn't need surg at all.

Recall on Correa, do you remember any criticism of the player? I don't. There was criticism of the org. The convo was wow, SFG is acting irresponsibly, by scheduling a welcome presser, before having the full result of the medical in.

Now I didn't take part in that, cuz who cares about the intro presser. It's not a big deal to me. You simply can't finalize the contract as is, when the physical isn't in order.

I believe you even took part in that, and faulted the SFG org, correct me if I am wrong. Here you do a 180, and say the player is to blame, not the org, for essentially the same event, a contract signed, and the intro presser delayed by a failed physical. Course in that case, the entire deal was off. Yet otherwise, this is the same situation, approx. And notice how your stance flips.
this should be required viewing on the subject

on the situation:

"Anyone who makes more of that, than it really is, just doesn't understand the National Football League"

go back a handful of pages where I shared the convo from Ari, where this whole thing is a non-issue, non-story, or being made out to be a way bigger deal, than it is.

Here we see M. Lombardi, echoes this, in the above quote.
I wonder why ppl on a 49ers forum, would make it more than it is or try to spin it, could it be an axe to grind against JG? Is that patently obvious, at this point?
garoppolo will be the raiders starter week 1
this should be required viewing on the subject

That's obvious to all but haters here.
on the situation:

"Anyone who makes more of that, than it really is, just doesn't understand the National Football League"

go back a handful of pages where I shared the convo from Ari, where this whole thing is a non-issue, non-story, or being made out to be a way bigger deal, than it is.

Here we see M. Lombardi, echoes this, in the above quote.
I wonder why ppl on a 49ers forum, would make it more than it is or try to spin it, could it be an axe to grind against JG? Is that patently obvious, at this point?

What's patently obvious is Jimmy can do no wrong in your eyes ever.

No one is making it more than it is.

Has Lombardi ever introduced an injury waiver AFTER the fact while removing all the bonus money?
[ Edited by 9ers4eva on Jun 1, 2023 at 10:43 PM ]
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
I guess they were spoiled by the Carr era where they went to the playoffs that one time or so
who was there before Carr, again?

When you can't ever build a halfway decent defense that tends to happen.

Jimmy is going to improve their defense by leaps and bounds,...a notorious poster here has proudly boasted. No,...seriously.

Originally posted by JoseCortez:
"Jimmy isn't worth anything. HES GARBAGE. Nobody wants him"

Gets 45m guaranteed

" That's organizational malpractice!!!"

Originally posted by Furlow:
Wait he didn't have surgery right after the injury? What on earth.

On cue
voice of reason post

2 years in a row now he did it

Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
garoppolo will be the raiders starter week 1

Obviously
Share 49ersWebzone