LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 232 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Jimmy G 2023 breakdown from NFL website the official site:

2023 numbers will be: BETTER

The Raiders are betting Garoppolo will make a smooth transition back into a Josh McDaniels system he should know well enough. Vegas has the weapons in go-to target Davante Adams, newly acquired Jakobi Meyers and slot maven Hunter Renfrow who mesh well with Jimmy G's skill set. The biggest gamble will be Garoppolo staying healthy for 17 weeks behind a questionable offensive line. Assuming he makes more than the 10 starts he did a season ago in San Francisco, his yardage and touchdowns figure to improve. The biggest questions are: Can he stay on the field? And will his play be as efficient outside the cushy Shanahan system? We'll assume both answers are "yes" for this exercise, making his first year in a Raiders jersey statistically better -- though the win-loss results in the AFC West aren't as promising.
  • thl408
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Yes plz

Who starts the first brawl/fight.

Players or fans?

Coach Shanny.. "answers my texts bi*****"

Jimmy's going to throw an errant pass at Kyle's face.
if only jimmy could throw towards the sidelines

I'm outta here
Yes plz

Players or fans?

I'm outta here

Lmao
Jimmy G 2023 breakdown from NFL website the official site:

2023 numbers will be: BETTER

The Raiders are betting Garoppolo will make a smooth transition back into a Josh McDaniels system he should know well enough. Vegas has the weapons in go-to target Davante Adams, newly acquired Jakobi Meyers and slot maven Hunter Renfrow who mesh well with Jimmy G's skill set. The biggest gamble will be Garoppolo staying healthy for 17 weeks behind a questionable offensive line. Assuming he makes more than the 10 starts he did a season ago in San Francisco, his yardage and touchdowns figure to improve. The biggest questions are: Can he stay on the field? And will his play be as efficient outside the cushy Shanahan system? We'll assume both answers are "yes" for this exercise, making his first year in a Raiders jersey statistically better -- though the win-loss results in the AFC West aren't as promising.

I think Jimmy will probably have his best season yet, or damn close, if he can stay healthy. It's probably a better situation for his skill set.
  • dj43
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
Yes plz

Players or fans?

I'm outta here

Lmao

Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
Yes plz

Players or fans?

I'm outta here

Lmao

• JMC52
  • Veteran
Yo mini camp gonna be wild

Dem fightin words in these parts
Very clever and funny but factually void unsurprisingly
Prediction: Jimmy has a statistically better year but looses more games than normal, and both sides of the Jimmy argument continue to point fingers at each other just with an extra layer of confusion.

Originally posted by JaggedJ:
Prediction: Jimmy has a statistically better year but looses more games than normal, and both sides of the Jimmy argument continue to point fingers at each other just with an extra layer of confusion.

They could very easily lose more games and he play great. That defense needs their young guys who were terrible last year (Diablo, Moehrig) to actually improve.and to add some.other young talents. If they don't it wont matter much what Jimmy does because they'll be losing shootouts weekly.

I'd be willing to bet Raiders are a borderline playoff team IF he stays healthy(I wouldn't bet on that though). I'd be genuinely surprised if he doesn't at the very least win more than the 6 Carr won.
Originally posted by TreyDeyEeyDey:

I'd be willing to bet Raiders are a borderline playoff team IF he stays healthy(I wouldn't bet on that though). I'd be genuinely surprised if he doesn't at the very least win more than the 6 Carr won.

But will he win as much as SF Jimmy?

For Jimmy: He was statistically better on a worse team, this proves the only reason he didn't win as many games is that the Raiders suck and Kyle was handcuffing him.

Against Jimmy: But he still lost more games, what happened to "Jimmy just wins", this proves it was the team not Jimmy that got us to the SB/NFCCG.

The future is not set, however only Jimmy winning 10+ games and/or having a deep playoff run while staying healthy can alter it's course.
Originally posted by TreyDeyEeyDey:

But will he win as much as SF Jimmy?

For Jimmy: He was statistically better on a worse team, this proves the only reason he didn't win as many games is that the Raiders suck and Kyle was handcuffing him.

Against Jimmy: But he still lost more games, what happened to "Jimmy just wins", this proves it was the team not Jimmy that got us to the SB/NFCCG.

The future is not set, however only Jimmy winning 10+ games and/or having a deep playoff run while staying healthy can alter it's course.

No because the overall talent is much much better. Jimmy will be good enough to win games but he's not the elite QB that can completely change a franchise. I think he'll do what Alex did. Maybe not to the same extent but I think he will come in and stabilize the position, play better than Carr(not statistically as I don't buy the fantasy stats the guys use around here) and help the team progress. Like Alex he will manage the game enough to have the team in position to win games.

And as a huge Jimmy guy, Jimmy lost us the SB and NFCC. I'm not a hypocrite like others that change their stance based on whatever makes Jimmy look good or bad. Many good QB's have lost SB's and NFCC's. It sucks but at least he got us there. Some teams haven't even had a chance in many many many years to have a QB and team as successful as Jimmy and the team were during his stint here.

Personally I think our fans have been spoiled rotten and complain too much instead of just enjoy it. Was Jimmy amazing? No but he was every bit as good as Jeff Garcia imo. Better than Alex and Kap for certain, and I was a huge fan of them too.
almost 10k
Share 49ersWebzone