Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by jcs:
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Originally posted by picklejuice:

This has been my exact thought all along. Kyle runs this b***h. Always has. Fortunately he runs it pretty well.

"One thing that was interesting about talking to Jimmy is how excited he is to have control back," Sports Illustrated's Albert Breer told KRLV-FM in Las Vegas on Monday. "The quarterback controls everything (in the offense of Raiders HC Josh McDaniels)."

Now the question will be if giving Jimmy back all the control is a good or bad thing. But it does confirm what we've speculated all along. This should probably be placed in the Kyle thread too.
All HC who are OC control the offense. no coach just lets the QB do whatever he wants

The QBs stopped calling their own plays back in the 70s. Terry Bradshaw might have been the last. Of course they still call audibles but hey don't control the offense like they used to.

Brady, Manning, D.Brees, Rodgers, Burrow all these guys have the freedom to audible. Jimmy did not here under Kyle was well known....we also all know M.Ryan didn't either when he ripped into Kyle after the embarrassing SB loss they shared.
Stop the BS. Every system has two plays called on every snap.There were times where jimmy was making the wrong audibles.

but this is not about audibles

Lol

Wait so you think calling audibles (which Jimmy did) and even Purdy did, is the same as being Peyton Manning and running the whole offense basically?

This has been my exact thought all along. Kyle runs this b***h. Always has. Fortunately he runs it pretty well.

"One thing that was interesting about talking to Jimmy is how excited he is to have control back," Sports Illustrated's Albert Breer told KRLV-FM in Las Vegas on Monday. "The quarterback controls everything (in the offense of Raiders HC Josh McDaniels)."

Now the question will be if giving Jimmy back all the control is a good or bad thing. But it does confirm what we've speculated all along. This should probably be placed in the Kyle thread too.
All HC who are OC control the offense. no coach just lets the QB do whatever he wants

Concur. Not exactly some huge development that Kyle is controlling of his offense. Football aficionados knew this b4 he ever step foot in Santa Clara.
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:

The QBs stopped calling their own plays back in the 70s. Terry Bradshaw might have been the last. Of course they still call audibles but hey don't control the offense like they used to.

Brady, Manning, D.Brees, Rodgers, Burrow all these guys have the freedom to audible. Jimmy did not here under Kyle was well known....we also all know M.Ryan didn't either when he ripped into Kyle after the embarrassing SB loss they shared.
Stop the BS. Every system has two plays called on every snap.There were times where jimmy was making the wrong audibles.

Lol

Wait so you think calling audibles (which Jimmy did) and even Purdy did, is the same as being Peyton Manning and running the whole offense basically?
If i remember correctly, jimmy even ran his own 2 min warning.. the game i'm thinking of is the 2019 home against the Rams

Lol

If i remember correctly, jimmy even ran his own 2 min warning.. the game i'm thinking of is the 2019 home against the Rams

No one runs the 2 min no huddle offense like JG, should have kept him in that the entire games, see what happens

Lol

I'm laughing because you think all offenses are the same and you don't understand this comment:

"The quarterback controls everything (in the offense of Raiders HC Josh McDaniels)."
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

Lol

No one runs the 2 min no huddle offense like JG, should have kept him in that the entire games, see what happens

That would mean Jimmy would have gotten credit for the offense, and not Kyle. Kyle doesn't like that.

Lol

I'm laughing because you think all offenses are the same and you don't understand this comment:

"The quarterback controls everything (in the offense of Raiders HC Josh McDaniels)."
while it's not a lie, it's just not what you think it is
Originally posted by Furlow:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

Lol

That would mean Jimmy would have gotten credit for the offense, and not Kyle. Kyle doesn't like that.

Lol

Every offense is different just like every OC/HC controls how much power their QB's have. Some of that is system-based, others, the acumen and trust the OC has in the QB. If you think Kyle and McDaniels afford the same amounts of freedom and control, I don't know what to tell you. Do you know who our HC is? That's also not a knock on Kyle per se'. That's just how HE operates within his system.

Lol

Every offense is different just like every OC/HC controls how much power their QB's have. Some of that is system-based, others, the acumen and trust the OC has in the QB. If you think Kyle and McDaniels afford the same amounts of freedom and control, I don't know what to tell you. Do you know who our HC is? That's also not a knock on Kyle per se'. That's just how HE operates within his system.
so what is the difference between the two?

Lol

One is a mere extension of the OC and the other has far more control. "More control" can be any level of degree from input into the game plan, pre snap (audible to another play to wide open veto) and post snap (from if-then to wide open). Hell, it might even include input into personnel.

McDaniels is a really good OC too but everybody knew Tom Brady had the freedom to do whatever he wanted. But both had a great rapport and probably didn't need to alter a ton by the end of Tom's tenure there as they were in sync by that point.
[ Edited by NCommand on Mar 29, 2023 at 11:47 AM ]

Lol

One is a mere extension of the OC and the other has far more control. "More control" can be any level of degree from input into the game plan, pre snap (audible to another play to wide open veto) and post snap (from if-then to wide open). Hell, it might even include input into personnel.

McDaniels is a really good OC too but everybody knew Tom Brady had the freedom to do whatever he wanted. But both had a great rapport and probably didn't need to alter a ton by the end of Tom's tenure there as they were in sync by that point.
Brady had a lot of OCs.. it wasn't JMcD offense that gave him freedom.. i don't know what freedom you are referring to actually means but i digress

i'm talking about the difference in control of KS Vs JMcD offense. What is it ?
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Mar 29, 2023 at 12:05 PM ]
Brock sure looked in control to me. Of course when you increase the offense production by a td you deserve more control.
JIIIIIIMMMMMY G!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Originally posted by TreyDeyEeyDey:
JIIIIIIMMMMMY G!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

he just score a TD?.. what happened?
Share 49ersWebzone