LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 243 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Furlow:
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by picklejuice:
I might watch some Las Vegas games now. I want to see the difference between McDaniels and Kyle's offense.

This is all I want to see. Does he play better in the spread or was Kyle's offense really what was best for him in the end. Or did it even matter? LOL

Define "play better".

There's no doubt in my mind that Jimmy will have success throwing to Devante Adams, arguably the best WR in football. Jimmy's a good QB who's played for McDaniels.

I ask the question what's "play better" mean because for years people have used wins-losses to prove Jimmy's value.

What happens if Jimmy G's stats improve but the Raiders go 6-10?

It will interesting to watch those same posters who used to value winning, now value individual performance over winning… now that he's losing (hypothetically).

Another poster lining up the excuses already

Yup it was pretty clear what was goin on there
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
I might watch some Las Vegas games now. I want to see the difference between McDaniels and Kyle's offense.

This is all I want to see. Does he play better in the spread or was Kyle's offense really what was best for him in the end. Or did it even matter? LOL

Define "play better".

There's no doubt in my mind that Jimmy will have success throwing to Devante Adams, arguably the best WR in football. Jimmy's a good QB who's played for McDaniels.

I ask the question what's "play better" mean because for years people have used wins-losses to prove Jimmy's value.

It will interesting to watch those same posters who used to value winning, now value individual performance over winning… now that he's losing (hypothetically).

Same crap they were doing before free agency began. Suddenly the bar was raised super high for Jimmy's contract, just so they could say "I told you so." Simply very odd behavior from a group that has tirelessly downplayed and ridiculed everything Jimmy has accomplished; and repeatedly said they can't wait for him to be gone so they don't have to talk about him anymore.

This W/L thing is beyond annoying. It is one of MANY data points that were used to argue Jimmy's worth. Now suddenly it's the only thing that matters; for both his contract and future with the Raiders. Hmm I wonder why they'd try to minimize Jimmy to only his W/L record, going to a crap organization like the Raiders?

For the life of me I will never understand why people would want to spend so much time hoping that a player does poorly, especially one that plays/played for their favorite team.
Same crap they were doing before free agency began. Suddenly the bar was raised super high for Jimmy's contract, just so they could say "I told you so." Simply very odd behavior from a group that has tirelessly downplayed and ridiculed everything Jimmy has accomplished; and repeatedly said they can't wait for him to be gone so they don't have to talk about him anymore.

This W/L thing is beyond annoying. It is one of MANY data points that were used to argue Jimmy's worth. Now suddenly it's the only thing that matters; for both his contract and future with the Raiders. Hmm I wonder why they'd try to minimize Jimmy to only his W/L record, going to a crap organization like the Raiders?

For the life of me I will never understand why people would want to spend so much time hoping that a player does poorly, especially one that plays/played for their favorite team.

That question fits well in the Trey Lance thread.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:

That question fits well in the Trey Lance thread.

I think the difference is Trey has yet to have actual success with the Niners. Otherwise I do agree with you and have said as such in the Trey thread. Yet here you are piggybacking off another one my posts somehow implying I should be doing more in the Trey thread. Give it a rest, dude.
I think the difference is Trey has yet to have actual success with the Niners. Otherwise I do agree with you and have said as such in the Trey thread. Yet here you are piggybacking off another one my posts somehow implying I should be doing more in the Trey thread. Give it a rest, dude.

When you give it a rest that every guy doesn't fit into your Jimmy G hater mold. Waterbear was asking fair questions and you jump right into he's a hater who wants him to fail.

Define "play better".

Furlow… you were just saying before Jimmy signed that you would understand if Jimmy didn't get much money due to him getting injured again this year, but the year before that when he was injured, and wasn't a FA, you bet me $100 Jimmy would be traded for a first round pick. Jimmy was considered injury prone then, and he's considered injury prone now. Nothing changed. Only your stance. Talk about excuses. Don't talk about backtracking Furlow unless you wanna finally own up to losing our bet.

Faithful6. You repeatedly used wins and losses to prop up Jimmy. Now you're acting like you haven't? Again, there's a reason everyone calls out your posts. You contradict yourself more than any poster on here. Don't talk to me about consistency.

Me? Ive repeatedly said that wins and losses don't tell you a thing about how great a QB is. Nothing. If you tell me player 1 won 75% of his games and player 2 won 45% of his games, you still have no idea who's the better player.

My stance on wins and losses has not changed and I'm not making excuses. I'm pointing out a future hypocrisy that we're all about to see. I don't even feel the need to respond to Furlow's comment because literally nothing he wrote applies to what I'm saying. Par for the course with that poster.

Define "play better".

YOU GUYS are the ones who were going around saying Jimmy was going to sign for 35 million.

Define "play better".

Furlow… you were just saying before Jimmy signed that you would understand if Jimmy didn't get much money due to him getting injured again this year, but the year before that when he was injured, and wasn't a FA, you bet me $100 Jimmy would be traded for a first round pick. Jimmy was considered injury prone then, and he's considered injury prone now. Nothing changed. Only your stance. Talk about excuses. Don't talk about backtracking Furlow unless you wanna finally own up to losing our bet.

Faithful6. You repeatedly used wins and losses to prop up Jimmy. Now you're acting like you haven't? Again, there's a reason everyone calls out your posts. You contradict yourself more than any poster on here. Don't talk to me about consistency.

Me? Ive repeatedly said that wins and losses don't tell you a thing about how great a QB is. Nothing. If you tell me player 1 won 75% of his games and player 2 won 45% of his games, you still have no idea who's the better player.

My stance on wins and losses has not changed and I'm not making excuses. I'm pointing out a future hypocrisy that we're all about to see. I don't even feel the need to respond to Furlow's comment because literally nothing he wrote applies to what I'm saying. Par for the course with that poster.

Patrick Majomes' college career attests to that.
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:

Define "play better".

Patrick Majomes' college career attests to that.

LOL had to speak a lot of Spanish today. Guess I didn't fully get it out of my system.
Two automatic losses after facing Donkies / willow and another safety in Denver (to say the least)

Originally posted by pillageDatazz:
Two automatic losses after facing Donkies / willow and another safety in Denver (to say the least)

Willow?

Is that a hobbit joke?
To the bolded… because they did. Are you saying they didn't?

It's not all they used tho as you claim

Show me where I said that's all they used. You and Furlow need some serious work on your reading comprehension.

I would shake it off as a mistake. But both of you do this consistently. It's a feature of how you argue not a bug.
Willow?

Is that a hobbit joke?

I'm not sure if joking or you forgot, but that's one of Wilson's nicknames

Define "play better".

YOU GUYS are the ones who were going around saying Jimmy was going to sign for 35 million.

Define "play better".

had JGs contract nailed actually
I genuinely think that Kyle wanted to move on from him because he didn't love how he didn't always execute the play kyle wants - I believe that's what turns him so much with Purdy.

Jimmy just also wasn't very good at throwing deep. Outside of that, he's a very good qb.

he will show out with the raiders because of the way the system is, he's also very familiar and comfortable with it. I'm rooting for him.
Share 49ersWebzone