Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by RackofRibs49:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by YACBros85:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Big fan of Kap and Alex but their passing stats are nowhere even remotely close to Jimmy's. Kap was dynamic because he was a serious threat to run the ball but his passing game was nothing great. Jimmy on the other hand was top 10, even top 5 in almost every single important passing statistic his one healthy year. Hell Jimmy didn't even play 2 1/2 games last season and he still dominated Kap in a full season in most stats.

All 3 good QBs that gave this team a lot. All three helped us be successful. All 3 unfairly treated terribly by an ungrateful spoiled fanbase.

Oh cry me a river. What the hell is fair in the NFL? All 3 we paid a f**k ton of money, had years worth of playing time, with next to nothing in competition (you could say Kap had the least amount of time as "the guy") You can say thanks for playing and also realize they aren't "the dude" for the next decade. You either have a legit decade long FQB or you're looking for one in the NFL.

RoR always bringing up how the dislike for Jimmy is personal. I have realized that his love for Jimmy makes it personal for him when folks state how Jimmy isn't the guy and are ready to move on.

All 3 unfairly treated terribly by an ungrateful spoiled fanbase. Do I seriously have to prove this? Don't take it personal that I brought up that Alex was nearly boo'd out of a stadium, Kaep was hated for football and being a human, Jimmy has guys that never once have ever said a positive thing about him. If that's you, then sorry for my honesty, I wasn't pointing at you though. I was pointing at our history of crapping on QB's even the successful ones.
When those QBs proved that they were not going to get better and transcend us.. is when the fan base had enough and rightfully so

What was Alex's record after you guys boo'd him out of the stadium?
irrelevant ... lol
Big fan of Kap and Alex but their passing stats are nowhere even remotely close to Jimmy's. Kap was dynamic because he was a serious threat to run the ball but his passing game was nothing great. Jimmy on the other hand was top 10, even top 5 in almost every single important passing statistic his one healthy year. Hell Jimmy didn't even play 2 1/2 games last season and he still dominated Kap in a full season in most stats.

All 3 good QBs that gave this team a lot. All three helped us be successful. All 3 unfairly treated terribly by an ungrateful spoiled fanbase.

Oh cry me a river. What the hell is fair in the NFL? All 3 we paid a f**k ton of money, had years worth of playing time, with next to nothing in competition (you could say Kap had the least amount of time as "the guy") You can say thanks for playing and also realize they aren't "the dude" for the next decade. You either have a legit decade long FQB or you're looking for one in the NFL.

RoR always bringing up how the dislike for Jimmy is personal. I have realized that his love for Jimmy makes it personal for him when folks state how Jimmy isn't the guy and are ready to move on.

All 3 unfairly treated terribly by an ungrateful spoiled fanbase(Not just jimmy). Do I seriously have to prove this? Don't take it personal that I brought up that Alex was nearly boo'd out of a stadium, Kaep was hated for football and being a human, Jimmy has guys that never once have ever said a positive thing about him. If that's you, then sorry for my honesty, I wasn't pointing at you though. I was pointing at our history of crapping on QB's even the successful ones.

I am saying that you take everything personal. Not everyone who dislikes these players dislike them for personal reasons. The NFL is a entertainment business. These guys get paid millions to play a child's game. Boohoo if a fanbase is relentless when it comes to under performing players. I am sure Jimmy, Alex and Kaep are all living a lot better than me and a majority of the fanbase.

All 3 unfairly treated terribly by an ungrateful spoiled fanbase(Not just jimmy). Do I seriously have to prove this? Don't take it personal that I brought up that Alex was nearly boo'd out of a stadium, Kaep was hated for football and being a human, Jimmy has guys that never once have ever said a positive thing about him. If that's you, then sorry for my honesty, I wasn't pointing at you though. I was pointing at our history of crapping on QB's even the successful ones.

I am saying that you take everything personal. Not everyone who dislikes these players dislike them for personal reasons. The NFL is a entertainment business. These guys get paid millions to play a child's game. Boohoo if a fanbase is relentless when it comes to under performing players. I am sure Jimmy, Alex and Kaep are all living a lot better than me and a majority of the fanbase.

Are you telling me there wasn't a faction of fans that didn't constantly trash Alex, Kaep, and of course you guys with Jimmy where you never ever, EVER, say anything positive? EVER? Yes or no? Alex is extremely rich. That has nothing to do with terrible fans being terrible fans and always turning on our QB's no matter the success. I don't feel sorry for any NFL player but I do think it's terrible how you guys will turn on them because they don't win Super Bowls.

Personally I want a SB too but unlike you I can enjoy the sport and position without having to trash the QB all while hypocritically claiming it's a team game. Once you turn on Trey in a few years, I'll say the same about him.
[ Edited by RackofRibs49 on Jun 8, 2022 at 9:48 AM ]

Are you telling me there wasn't a faction of fans that didn't constantly trash Alex, Kaep, and of course you guys with Jimmy where you never ever, EVER, say anything positive? EVER? Yes or no? Alex is extremely rich. That has nothing to do with terrible fans being terrible fans and always turning on our QB's no matter the success. I don't feel sorry for any NFL player but I do think it's terrible how you guys will turn on them because they don't win Super Bowls.

Personally I want a SB too but unlike you I can enjoy the sport and position without having to trash the QB all while hypocritically claiming it's a team game. Once you turn on Trey in a few years, I'll say the same about him.

This is what I mean. You take criticism of the QB very personal. I don't even think these 3 guys care as much as you do.
  • thl408

You should separate criticizing a player with hatred for a person. I don't think the 49er fans you are referring to hate Jimmy/Alex/Kap as people, just as quarterbacks for the 49ers. And if fans want to berate the players, it's okay. You shouldn't feel the need to go to bat for them - they're big boys, they'll be fine. Accept that fans do fan things.

This is what I mean. You take criticism of the QB very personal. I don't even think these 3 guys care as much as you do.
Please don't project what you do on me. Pointing out that Alex, Kaep, and Jimmy were treated unfairly has nothing to do with me personally. It's 100% the truth. You are the one triggered by truth, not me.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ChillninDaBay:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
The Mooch Era was forgettable... "The Forgotten years" aka unmemorable.

It wasn't forgettable man you had prime TO and the NYG Wild Card game feat Trey Junkin.. he established a long history of Trey's helping this franchise..

Mooch was above average HC at best lmao.. aka unmemorable.

i liked him until he crawled into a fetal position at half time vs tampa bay

Please don't project what you do on me. Pointing out that Alex, Kaep, and Jimmy were treated unfairly has nothing to do with me personally. It's 100% the truth. You are the one triggered by truth, not me.

You take offense to the criticism, therefor it affects you personally.
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
The Mooch Era was forgettable... "The Forgotten years" aka unmemorable.

It wasn't forgettable man you had prime TO and the NYG Wild Card game feat Trey Junkin.. he established a long history of Trey's helping this franchise..

Mooch was above average HC at best lmao.. aka unmemorable.

i liked him until he crawled into a fetal position at half time vs tampa bay

Wonder who made him do that??

How is Jimmy getting treated unfairly? The niners are handling this entire situation like absolute professionals, and are doing everything they can to do right by Jimmy.

I think you may be taking this more personally than most. The organization wants him out because he hasn't been reliable….that's not a personal issue…. That's business
[ Edited by 5thSFG on Jun 8, 2022 at 10:07 AM ]

I simply pointed out truth. You took offense not me. Alex, Keep, and Jimmy have a 3 been treated terribly by our fans. It's 100% fact. You took offense to that fact not me. I didn't point any finger at you, but you took truth personally.

I simply pointed out truth. You took offense not me. Alex, Keep, and Jimmy have a 3 been treated terribly by our fans. It's 100% fact. You took offense to that fact not me. I didn't point any finger at you, but you took truth personally.
you brought this up..the only one who is triggered is YOU

No. You take offense to criticism of the QB's. That is why you bring it up every day. Poor Jimmy. Poor Alex. Poor Kaep. Why do you feel so sorry for millionaires? They don't even know you. They don't know me and I bet they don't give a crap what I or anyone on this forum thinks. Especially since they wipe their asses with 20 dollar bills every day.

Me complimenting these guys iand pointing out Jimmy was a better passer is what triggered this. The only people who took this personal is you guys.

I said nothing wrong. You can criticize Jimmy every single day yet can't even take an honest criticism of the fans. The hypocrisy is insane. Again I was not pointing at anyone here, I was generalizing.
[ Edited by RackofRibs49 on Jun 8, 2022 at 10:19 AM ]
  • thl408

No. You take offense to criticism of the QB's. That is why you bring it up every day. Poor Jimmy. Poor Alex. Poor Kaep. Why do you feel so sorry for millionaires? They don't even know you. They don't know me and I bet they don't give a crap what I or anyone on this forum thinks. Especially since they wipe their asses with 20 dollar bills every day.

Let's just agree that you two are equally triggered. But I am more triggered so I win.
Share 49ersWebzone