LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 222 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by VinculumJuris:
Do you think the 40-post ratholes that Random takes this thread down are "productive discussions?" If so, it sounds like a great idea to offload that s**t to another thread.

Yall purposely quote the whole set of quotes just to pat each other on the back. That takes up the whole page.

I appreciate the effort he puts in his posts.

Yall?
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by 5thSFG:
I can certainly find a post where you said we are handling this all wrong, and calling this a wasted season. You and I had a conversation based off that post. And honestly, I wasn't sure I disagreed with you. You also had a post shortly before that that said we didn't have the talent to drive the length of the field consistently…. Was just before the first rams game… where we took the lead for most 90+ yard drives.

I'm not jumping on you at all. I don't think that those opinions were wildly inaccurate based off the evidence provided. I'm just pointing out that the posts did occur 👍🏻👍🏻.

Yeah and at that point in the season it all looked true…you has well respected 49er reporters like MM and Barrows saying this wasn't a payoff roster all the same.

s**t changes in a long season and they started clicking which is awesome. I don't think what I or A LOT of people said when we were 3-5 was down outlandish take. I also never said Jimmy should be cut or wouldn't be the day 1 starter. A lot of people are having a hard time trying to get that

All of those people were wrong.
And I'm out. LOL
Yall purposely quote the whole set of quotes just to pat each other on the back. That takes up the whole page.

I appreciate the effort he puts in his posts.

LOL
Originally posted by VinculumJuris:
Yall?

Ok my mistake... stray bullet.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by SkyZer0:
The weather effected both offenses, glad Jimmy pulled it off at the end there

used in past tense form tho ?

affected.
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by SlipAndSlideBosa:
Originally posted by TreyDeyEeyDey:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by LottDMontanaO:
Great ball placement here - about the only place to put it to give Kittle a chance. And what a catch by Kittle!

great throw great catch

Absolutely!

Internet Sleuths are trying to determine what JG did wrong on this play....

Nah solid safe throw and a amazing catch by Kittle

Good thing he didn't hit Kittle in the shoulder pads, that would have made it such a tougher catch.

• Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dj43:
"Jimmy G, you can't say enough about that guy," 49ers tight end George Kittle said afterward, back inside the warmth of Lambeau's postgame interview room. "The s**t that he takes, consistently people try to pull him down, and consistently all he does is deliver. He leads the team. He's the sense of calm in the huddle.

"He's the sense of calm in the storm. He allows us to play football at a high level."

The Athletic -

Sayin'

Tim K. sums Jimmy up pretty well here. Jimmy is a limited, but tough QB that fits in well with Kyle's current offense and the culture of the team.

Of course there are people arguing in the replies that he can make every throw that Allen and Mahomes can.
[ Edited by 49ersRing on Jan 24, 2022 at 2:26 PM ]
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SlipAndSlideBosa:
Originally posted by TreyDeyEeyDey:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by LottDMontanaO:
Great ball placement here - about the only place to put it to give Kittle a chance. And what a catch by Kittle!

great throw great catch

Absolutely!

Internet Sleuths are trying to determine what JG did wrong on this play....

Nah solid safe throw and a amazing catch by Kittle

Good thing he didn't hit Kittle in the shoulder pads, that would have made it such a tougher catch.

• Furlow
  • Veteran
The weather effected both offenses, glad Jimmy pulled it off at the end there

used in past tense form tho ?

affected.

You had to explain that lol. What a day.
Originally posted by Silky:
Wow this thread is about to boil over. My goodness everyone we are in the NFC Championship. We should all he rubbing each other's nuts together and be happy right now. Let's hope good Jimmy shows up Sunday and we probably win.

Not allowed to...you either have to slobber down Jimmy's junk or your not a good enough fan and should be burned at the stake.

Yes I would love 4QRs of good Jimmy!

I have a solution for this.

How many of the members who feel Jimmy is being "hated" on want all the *haters* to leave this thread?

Then Jonny can have a daily sermon on the importance of Jimmy G in here with no disturbance.

I'll be down.

Mods, don't you dare get in the way. This is a legit solution.

We'll have an alternate thread called Jimmy G "hater" thread.

I swear I'll have more productive discussions regarding our starting QB in that thread. I'm for it.

nah

NY and African, is there something stopping you from starting the JG hater club thread? Go for it, then you can sit around in your circle jerk group and admire everybody's irrational hate for some guy you've never met who's doing a job you're incapable of performing. Should be fun.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
nah

Folks yall want to see a real hater, here you go!

Thl, do you get a tickle or *something* else out of the craziness in this thread?

This thread moves so fast because it's the same thing over and over. No legit discussions.

It's sad because I'm going to have to block a bunch of people in here then. No more losing brain cells.

AND THAT IS YOUR PUNISHMENT Thl... I get to block people... where as you can't! You're forced to continue to read the craziness.

The alternative is you could drop your ego and pride, and just root for the team, Jimmy included.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersRing:

Tim K. sums Jimmy up pretty well here. Jimmy is a limited, but tough QB that fits in well with Kyle's current offense and the culture of the team.

Of course there are people arguing in the replies that he can make every throw that Allen and Mahomes can.

I agree with allen, One of those TD's was on a line going for what felt like 40 yards. Allen however on the other hand is one of the worst YAC QB's in the league you can look it up...maybe it's because he's always late on plays but makes up for it with that cannon. Mahomes however won that game on passes Jimmy makes regularly 10-15 yards down the middle of the field relying on Yac. Mahomes is special but he also gets a ton of YAC like our Jimmy.
[ Edited by jcs on Jan 24, 2022 at 2:32 PM ]
Originally posted by ElDannMann:
There's a difference between being critical (i.e. talking about how Jimmy is not able to make off-schedule throws and it led to a horrendous pick) versus straight up hate (i.e. trying to put blame on Jimmy for Kittle dropping a pass that hit him right between the numbers)

Who's blaming Jimmy for the Kittle drop? I mean that's dumb if so.

oh man..... how did you miss the tangent rant random went on? instead of the INT being criticized, it was that f**king Kittle drop of all things. absolutely ludicrous, man. lol.
Share 49ersWebzone