LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 255 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by 5thSFG:
I can certainly find a post where you said we are handling this all wrong, and calling this a wasted season. You and I had a conversation based off that post. And honestly, I wasn't sure I disagreed with you. You also had a post shortly before that that said we didn't have the talent to drive the length of the field consistently…. Was just before the first rams game… where we took the lead for most 90+ yard drives.

I'm not jumping on you at all. I don't think that those opinions were wildly inaccurate based off the evidence provided. I'm just pointing out that the posts did occur 👍🏻👍🏻.

Yeah and at that point in the season it all looked true…you has well respected 49er reporters like MM and Barrows saying this wasn't a payoff roster all the same.

s**t changes in a long season and they started clicking which is awesome. I don't think what I or A LOT of people said when we were 3-5 was down outlandish take. I also never said Jimmy should be cut or wouldn't be the day 1 starter. A lot of people are having a hard time trying to get that
I
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by 5thSFG:
I can certainly find a post where you said we are handling this all wrong, and calling this a wasted season. You and I had a conversation based off that post. And honestly, I wasn't sure I disagreed with you. You also had a post shortly before that that said we didn't have the talent to drive the length of the field consistently…. Was just before the first rams game… where we took the lead for most 90+ yard drives.

I'm not jumping on you at all. I don't think that those opinions were wildly inaccurate based off the evidence provided. I'm just pointing out that the posts did occur 👍🏻👍🏻.

Yeah and at that point in the season it all looked true…you has well respected 49er reporters like MM and Barrows saying this wasn't a payoff roster all the same.

s**t changes in a long season and they started clicking which is awesome. I don't think what I or A LOT of people said when we were 3-5 was down outlandish take. I also never said Jimmy should be cut or wouldn't be the day 1 starter. A lot of people are having a hard time trying to get that

I'm with you 100. Like I said, I don't think you said anything outlandish at all 👍🏻👍🏻
Originally posted by TreyDeyEeyDey:
You're wrong. My question had everything to do with his response. He said we got Trey because Jimmy is so terrible so I simply asked if we should expect the same results from Trey. There was no deflecting and my question had everything to do with his post. You completely took my question out of context for no reason. Then you lied saying I didn't answer a question. There was no question.

Just clearing that up.

You bypassed the intention of that comment, which was how poorly Jimmy has played in the playoffs...you might as well have just deleted it and instead focused on a silly hypothetical to change what the comment was intended for.

And now you're focusing on my comment because it wasn't technically a question, again moving around what was really the comment.

Jimmy has not played well in the playoffs. THAT is the conversation and bases of that comment.

SF HAS drafted a young QB that they fully believe will at some point get the QB play to another level in SF. We have no idea what he will be next yr, we have no idea what this team will be next yr...saying he has to get the team to the NFCC in 2022 to prove why he was worth his his draft haul or moving off Jimmy is silly. It's not apples to apples but you're trying to make it that.

As you can CLEARLY see there's more than QB play that goes into a team winning games and getting to where they're at right now. IF Lance wins a bunch of games but has worse stats then Jimmy and we clearly see it's all about running the ball and playing defense, you gonna say he's just as good as Jimmy? hmmm we will see.

Dude we have been saying all along there is more then QB play goin on here from defense blowing games at the end to special teams to etc…

YOU are the one that has said replace jimmy with basically anybody and They will do as good or better than Jimmy including Trey Lance who you were screaming for during the Rams game, the Cowboys game, and the Packers game.

Nobody calls jimmy great but the constant bashing of him is absolutely ridiculous when he was the one to drive down the field at the end and get us into the position to score a field goal.
Originally posted by dj43:
"Jimmy G, you can't say enough about that guy," 49ers tight end George Kittle said afterward, back inside the warmth of Lambeau's postgame interview room. "The s**t that he takes, consistently people try to pull him down, and consistently all he does is deliver. He leads the team. He's the sense of calm in the huddle.

"He's the sense of calm in the storm. He allows us to play football at a high level."

The Athletic -

The one positive thing I will say about Jimmy this game is the guy just doesn't change his demeanor. He's very calm in the moment even if his play wouldn't always show that.

I hope he wins a super bowl and that will be the happiest day of my life if it happens.

I don't need to bet against it and say I'd delete my account if Jimmy wins a super bowl. I'll leave that for the "real fans"
Originally posted by Silky:
Wow this thread is about to boil over. My goodness everyone we are in the NFC Championship. We should all he rubbing each other's nuts together and be happy right now. Let's hope good Jimmy shows up Sunday and we probably win.

Not allowed to...you either have to slobber down Jimmy's junk or your not a good enough fan and should be burned at the stake.

Yes I would love 4QRs of good Jimmy!

I have a solution for this.

How many of the members who feel Jimmy is being "hated" on want all the *haters* to leave this thread?

Then Jonny can have a daily sermon on the importance of Jimmy G in here with no disturbance.

I'll be down.

Mods, don't you dare get in the way. This is a legit solution.

We'll have an alternate thread called Jimmy G "hater" thread.

I swear I'll have more productive discussions regarding our starting QB in that thread. I'm for it.
"Jimmy G, you can't say enough about that guy," 49ers tight end George Kittle said afterward, back inside the warmth of Lambeau's postgame interview room. "The s**t that he takes, consistently people try to pull him down, and consistently all he does is deliver. He leads the team. He's the sense of calm in the huddle.

"He's the sense of calm in the storm. He allows us to play football at a high level."

The Athletic -

He must be a Jimmy Stan Homer.
Originally posted by Jeepzilla:
Originally posted by TreyDeyEeyDey:
You're wrong. My question had everything to do with his response. He said we got Trey because Jimmy is so terrible so I simply asked if we should expect the same results from Trey. There was no deflecting and my question had everything to do with his post. You completely took my question out of context for no reason. Then you lied saying I didn't answer a question. There was no question.

Just clearing that up.

You bypassed the intention of that comment, which was how poorly Jimmy has played in the playoffs...you might as well have just deleted it and instead focused on a silly hypothetical to change what the comment was intended for.

And now you're focusing on my comment because it wasn't technically a question, again moving around what was really the comment.

Jimmy has not played well in the playoffs. THAT is the conversation and bases of that comment.

SF HAS drafted a young QB that they fully believe will at some point get the QB play to another level in SF. We have no idea what he will be next yr, we have no idea what this team will be next yr...saying he has to get the team to the NFCC in 2022 to prove why he was worth his his draft haul or moving off Jimmy is silly. It's not apples to apples but you're trying to make it that.

As you can CLEARLY see there's more than QB play that goes into a team winning games and getting to where they're at right now. IF Lance wins a bunch of games but has worse stats then Jimmy and we clearly see it's all about running the ball and playing defense, you gonna say he's just as good as Jimmy? hmmm we will see.

Dude we have been saying all along there is more then QB play goin on here from defense blowing games at the end to special teams to etc…

YOU are the one that has said replace jimmy with basically anybody and They will do as good or better than Jimmy including Trey Lance who you were screaming for during the Rams game, the Cowboys game, and the Packers game.

Nobody calls jimmy great but the constant bashing of him is absolutely ridiculous when he was the one to drive down the field at the end and get us into the position to score a field goal.

He did that last time against GB too in week 3.

Rodgers is so jelly.
  • thl408
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Wow this thread is about to boil over. My goodness everyone we are in the NFC Championship. We should all he rubbing each other's nuts together and be happy right now. Let's hope good Jimmy shows up Sunday and we probably win.

Not allowed to...you either have to slobber down Jimmy's junk or your not a good enough fan and should be burned at the stake.

How many of the members who feel Jimmy is being "hated" on want all the *haters* to leave this thread?

Then Jonny can have a daily sermon on the importance of Jimmy G in here with no disturbance.

I'll be down.

I swear I'll have more productive discussions regarding our starting QB in that thread. I'm for it.

nah
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
Let's be absolutely clear.

Rodgers had the ball with the game tied 1st and 10. What did he do? He went 3 and out. Don't tell me it was the sf defense, he had a wide open receiver and missed him.

Jimmy gets the ball. Completes 2 huge passes, and helps the team get in field goal range.

Facts.

who was wide open? Adams being doubled? That play?

Let's be absolutely clear if Ward doesn't block the FG or Willis doesn't block the punt....we're in the draft forum and everyone is blaming everyone for a loss. I'm sure it would be an outrage in the KS thread because they didn't toss up a bunch of points.

Lmao
i believe it was Lazard…
WIDE OPEN
  • dj43
Originally posted by Waterbear:

The Athletic -

The one positive thing I will say about Jimmy this game is the guy just doesn't change his demeanor. He's very calm in the moment even if his play wouldn't always show that.

I hope he wins a super bowl and that will be the happiest day of my life if it happens.

I don't need to bet against it and say I'd delete my account if Jimmy wins a super bowl. I'll leave that for the "real fans"

Dwight Clark said the same thing about Joe in the Catch game.

• thl408
Dwight Clark said the same thing about Joe in the Catch game.

uh oh, here we go
Originally posted by thl408:

I'll be down.

nah

It's like you were responding to me!

I'll be down.

Do you think the 40-post ratholes that Random takes this thread down are "productive discussions?" If so, it sounds like a great idea to offload that s**t to another thread.
Originally posted by thl408:
nah

Folks yall want to see a real hater, here you go!

Thl, do you get a tickle or *something* else out of the craziness in this thread?

This thread moves so fast because it's the same thing over and over. No legit discussions.

It's sad because I'm going to have to block a bunch of people in here then. No more losing brain cells.

AND THAT IS YOUR PUNISHMENT Thl... I get to block people... where as you can't! You're forced to continue to read the craziness.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Jan 24, 2022 at 2:04 PM ]
Originally posted by VinculumJuris:
Do you think the 40-post ratholes that Random takes this thread down are "productive discussions?" If so, it sounds like a great idea to offload that s**t to another thread.

Yall purposely quote the whole set of quotes just to pat each other on the back. That takes up the whole page.

I appreciate the effort he puts in his posts.
Share 49ersWebzone