There are 141 users in the forums

Justin Pugh

Shop 49ers game tickets
Staley is losing a step, and the Niners need maybe 3 starting OL.

This man needs to block for Josh Rosen in Santa Clara next year!

And interiour OL typically don't get the tag.
[ Edited by NinerSickness on Oct 8, 2017 at 8:35 PM ]
I'd rather sign his teammate Richburg and Andrew Norwell.

Staley was great the first 4 weeks. Had a bad game today.
[ Edited by 9ers4eva on Oct 8, 2017 at 9:12 PM ]
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
I'd rather sign his teammate Richburg and Andrew Norwell.

Richburg would be a good signing too. Norwell? Doesn't strike me as a ZBS guard.
I'd rather have Richburg as well...Staley will be the LT for at least another yr IMO.

We have two of the better OTs in the league...but yeah interior needs to be fixed, center is a must.

Rosen
Originally posted by NYniner85:
I'd rather have Richburg as well...Staley will be the LT for at least another yr IMO.

We have two of the better OTs in the league...but yeah interior needs to be fixed, center is a must.

Rosen
Pugh is a versatile player and I would quantify him as a very solid football player. Richburg is one of the game's best ascending centers however. I'd rather have Richburg personally. There's a lot of talk of NY doing everything possible to retain Richburg. We'll see what happens. I'd take either one but if I had to choose, I'd take Richburg.
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:
Pugh is a versatile player and I would quantify him as a very solid football player. Richburg is one of the game's best ascending centers however. I'd rather have Richburg personally. There's a lot of talk of NY doing everything possible to retain Richburg. We'll see what happens. I'd take either one but if I had to choose, I'd take Richburg.

I think we need a top flight center vs OG but yeah I think NY will do what they can to keep him, most likely via tag.
I think we need a top flight center vs OG but yeah I think NY will do what they can to keep him, most likely via tag.

OL are all same franchise tag I believe so that would cost them the franchise LT rate which will be 15 mil.

Per spotrac they will have 22 mil in space with 41 players signed. Very unlikely they could afford a tag.
Originally posted by NinerSickness:
Richburg would be a good signing too. Norwell? Doesn't strike me as a ZBS guard.

He's not a perfect fit but he could do it I think. Panthers do some zone read with Cam. It wouldn't be completely foreign.
Originally posted by NinerSickness:

He's not a perfect fit but he could do it I think. Panthers do some zone read with Cam. It wouldn't be completely foreign.

If they sign him, he could maybe drop 10 pounds. Big players usually get better when they cut weight as long as they have weight to give & not be undersized.
Norwell is not really a great fit here. He's more of a drive-blocking mauler.

Also, I hate the notion of signing a free agent only to ask them to change their body. You're essentially negating the merits by which they were valued as a free agent. We need plug and play free agents, not projects.
[ Edited by Heroism on Oct 9, 2017 at 11:00 PM ]

Don't the giants have one of the league's worst line's this year?
Originally posted by Heroism:
Norwell is not really a great fit here. He's more of a drive-blocking mauler.

Also, I hate the notion of signing a free agent only to ask them to change their body. You're essentially negating the merits by which they were valued as a free agent. We need plug and play free agents, not projects.

Cutting a little weight isn't like changing positions. It's just getting a little bit quicker for a different scheme.

Asking a guy to gain 30 pounds like Tank did is a project. Losing 10 is no big deal for an OL. That'd be a 3% reduction in weight for Norwell.

That said, I agree he isn't the best option out there because of his style of play.
[ Edited by NinerSickness on Oct 9, 2017 at 11:03 PM ]

OL are all same franchise tag I believe so that would cost them the franchise LT rate which will be 15 mil.

Per spotrac they will have 22 mil in space with 41 players signed. Very unlikely they could afford a tag.

I did not know the tag was the same for all OL positions...interesting
He's overrated, Richburg is the real deal though.
Originally posted by TheXFactor:
He's overrated, Richburg is the real deal though.

How would you rate him?
Share 49ersWebzone