Originally posted by Bluefalcon61:
She needs to find a Z for her last name

That would have helped.
ESPN is crucifying Cam over nothing.
I hope he gets suspended for at least 17 games
Originally posted by Bluefalcon61:
She needs to find a Z for her last name

LOL.
I think Wilson should be on the hook for the most cuckish, phoniest response I've ever heard from him........Jesus.
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
I think Wilson should be on the hook for the most cuckish, phoniest response I've ever heard from him........Jesus.

what do you expect from the Hobbit aka Russell Wilson.
Bust.
He has nothing to apologize for,most women have no clue what downs are let alone route running, it's pathetic that there's so many feminist losers in this world nowadays
[ Edited by Aj_hwd954 on Oct 6, 2017 at 12:09 AM ]
Originally posted by lasko39:

Haha, I expect garbage from him regularly, but even this exceeds his norms....
She's a sports reporter the assumption has to be there that she can talk sports. It was a dig that someone like her never goes in depth.

I don't believe in crucifying people over something that was meant to be a dumb joke. What he said was sexist but I think it's childish to want punative damages for something so trivial.

• titan
  • Veteran

Haha, I expect garbage from him regularly, but even this exceeds his norms....

Wilson does look like a tattle tell teachers pet. LOL

When he virtue signals it's like the bat signal projected onto the moon.

XL ego on that little guy. How many people believe his act is sincere? I bet he ends up with Cam's sponsors.
Long post. Sorry.

For anyone saying this was sexist, it doesn't even matter if she was a football player. A man can still say it's funny to see (without bad intentions) because it's by far not the norm. There is a womans football league and it is kinda funny to see because it's not the norm.

The suggestion isn't that women are biologically incapable of understanding football it's that most women don't have an interest in the game to the level of dissecting routes.

Yes it's her job, but that doesn't change the fact that it's uncommon to see women talking about route running etc. IMO his comment wasn't about ability it was about social norms.

This case demonstrates how far the identity based outrage machine has gone. The man just lost millions of dollars and was publicly shamed over an observation that many people would make. I don't think there was ill intent on Newtons part and he was basically forced to apologize.

I also think it's kinda funny seeing women get into football on such a level only because most woman I know avoid the game like it's the plague.

I've known a lot of women that like baseball and it wouldn't surprise me one bit to see female fans or reporters talking about the details of the game.

Most wont admit it but it was kinda funny seeing a female announcer for an NFL game a couple weeks back. Not because I think she doesn't have the ability or capacity to do the job but because it has not been the norm.

Thinking something is a tad funny is not the same as saying something is bad. I don't think anyone is suggesting women should be kept away from football. Most people welcome female participation on the media side of the game but there will be some comments because football has traditionally been a mans sport.

Sports themselves are segregated. Initially that segregation led to far more male participation on the media side. Far more male fans. The man in his "man cave" watching sports etc. It's about social norms.

If women within society are becoming true football fans at higher numbers today then I welcome the development. I kinda assumed a lot of women got into the game in order to support their partner. To enjoy an activity with their partner.

How often do lone females or groups of females go to games for leisure activity? I've been to games with women and I don't think they would've attended if not for my serious interest in football.

I haven't met one woman that can talk about players from the 1970's-2017 or talk about play design etc. I'm sure they exist but I don't think it's the norm. If I met such a woman I would think it's kinda funny, funny but good. I would see it as a positive thing.

IMO it's an example of public hysteria that extends to a wide range of issues surrounding identity. We've become way too sensitive.
[ Edited by LeProfessionnel on Oct 6, 2017 at 10:17 AM ]
There are two issues I take with it:
1. he made the joke in a press conference, which probably made her, as a professional, feel patronized / humiliated
2. they talked afterwards and the reporter claims Cam doubled down and didn't apologize, which makes it hard to give Cam the benefit of the doubt

Let's say this was a hockey press conference. Sidney Crosby is asked a question by a black reporter. Sidney Crosby pauses, laughs to himself and says, "ha... wow, a black guy asking me about hockey. I didn't realize black people were interested in hockey." I think a lot of people would find that inapporpriate. imo it's very similar.

Cam's comments didn't offend me whatsoever. I actually thought it was funny. Reminds me of a joke I'd make to my girlfriend or one of her friends. It's not okay to make jokes like that in this environment though. You have to err on the side of being respectful. Not everyone finds that sort of stuff funny.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
"Devin Funchess seems to really be embracing the physicality of his routes..."

I didn't know certain routes were more physical than others.
Share 49ersWebzone