LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 238 users in the forums

Saquon Barkley

Shop 49ers game tickets
He probably wont be on the 49ers radar, but this guy is going to be a stud.

https://twitter.com/PennStateOnBTN/status/909210777969725440
[ Edited by Eastcoastniner on Sep 16, 2017 at 10:37 PM ]
Easily best back in the country, I think Hyde gets resigned, he's going to be a Colt or a Giant next year..I'd say a Jet but no way they don't take a QB..
The kid is an unbelievable talent. The best RB prospect since AP, IMO.
[ Edited by Heroism on Sep 23, 2017 at 7:01 PM ]

• FL9er
  • Veteran
I don't believe in taking a RB with a top 5-10 pick, but he might be the best non-QB for the 49ers in the top half of the draft
This dude just leaped over a guy, got hit in the air, landed on his feet and took off
My favorite skill position player in college ball this year (and last year!). On top of the talent the guy is said to be very humble, good guy.
Ayyyy over 300 all purpose yards, he can do it all

I want I want I want I want
He carried Penn St, overall I like the RBs more than the QBs this year.
If you're legitimately drafting BPA, I don't know how you can draft Rosen or Darnold and their slew of ints and inconsistencies over Saquon Barkley.
Originally posted by Heroism:
If you're legitimately drafting BPA, I don't know how you can draft Rosen or Darnold and their slew of ints and inconsistencies over Saquon Barkley.

Definitely a tough call. Also, one of the age old questions of sports, go with the best prospect or go with the guy that has the same chance of transcending your team as they do of keeping you at the bottom? Barkley is a hell of a player, possibly a better prospect than fournette because he's more versatile and just as effective of a runner. I guess it will depend on where we draft come late april next year.
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Definitely a tough call. Also, one of the age old questions of sports, go with the best prospect or go with the guy that has the same chance of transcending your team as they do of keeping you at the bottom? Barkley is a hell of a player, possibly a better prospect than fournette because he's more versatile and just as effective of a runner. I guess it will depend on where we draft come late april next year.

I don't think it will affect us because:

1.) Kyle won't like either of the QBs
2.) Shanahans don't use precious resources(ie first-round picks) on RBs.

btw, IMO, Barkley is substantially better than Fournette.
[ Edited by Heroism on Sep 23, 2017 at 8:49 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone