Shop 49ers game tickets
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by SoCold:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
KC got 153 yards passing on 2 plays. lol
That's only 215 passing yards allowed if you can defend just those two plays from happening.

Brady had his shots in the 4th Q but missed.

Berry did an incredible job holding Gronk to 2 catches for 33 yards.

NE held their own except for 2 plays. When NE lost Hightower and their pass rush KC picked them apart.

pass rush was not there that's for sure....Gilmore is trash though. 5 yrs $65 million lol.

He sucked in Buffalo and he sucked last night...got torched by Hill.

Yeah maybe because he's one of the fastest players in the NFL? If Hill played us last night he would have had 5 TDs.
blown coverage, Gill thought he had a safety over the top

what other passes did Gill give up?, it might have been the only pass completed on his side

What does any of that have to do with our crappy DBs?
  • titan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
NE has some great CB/S. thier issue is not the secondary it's the pass rush

True, ATT, but last nite they didn't show well. 368 yds in the air ...and yes their passrush wasn't great, but the DBs still gave up a ton of yrds . It looks like having a massive passrush will have to be our answer this yr, Kyle's first. And/or just outscore the opponents. All of a sudden glad that isn't Gagbert out there, or kap...really happy to have both Hoyer and CJ. If we can't stop 'em, then outscore them. And i bet that is foremost in Kyle's mind..

CB were terrible last night. That was some poor DB play. The pass rush was decent, but they were on their toes with some misdirect pitch plays. The speed of Evans had the team chasing him one way and pitching it to the TE.
Alex Smith had his average full game stat in 3 plays.
That's only 215 passing yards allowed if you can defend just those two plays from happening.

NE held their own except for 2 plays. When NE lost Hightower and their pass rush KC picked them apart.

pass rush was not there that's for sure....Gilmore is trash though. 5 yrs $65 million lol.

Yeah maybe because he's one of the fastest players in the NFL? If Hill played us last night he would have had 5 TDs.

what other passes did Gill give up?, it might have been the only pass completed on his side

it means even good DBs can suck without a pass rush
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
wait till cam puts up 500 on us this sunday.

That's OK though if 2 of the plays went for 198 yards.
[ Edited by NCommand on Sep 8, 2017 at 8:58 AM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

nothing. its just another way to deflect and deny we have issues. who gives a crap about the rest of the nfl. this is our hill and these are our beans
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jcs:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
wait till cam puts up 500 on us this sunday.

Completes 70% of his passes.

its ok. its a process. a marathon. rome was not built in a day, they are the professionals. they know best. would you rather have chip and trent. maybe we should root for seattle.
You absolutely have to have a pass rush. Our 11-13 defense was all world with a healthy Justin and Aldon, but sucked the weeks they were injured in 2012.

It's impossible to play DB in this league with the rules they've made. I wish they would allow them to play, but I think they're afraid the drop in yds and scoring would kill some of their fantasy football profits.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by CharlieSheen:
You absolutely have to have a pass rush. Our 11-13 defense was all world with a healthy Justin and Aldon, but sucked the weeks they were injured in 2012.

It's impossible to play DB in this league with the rules they've made. I wish they would allow them to play, but I think they're afraid the drop in yds and scoring would kill some of their fantasy football profits.

That's a good point, and the less contact, the less issues with the Head Injury protest folks. Basically it's going to be the Basketball but played with 11 men instead of 5.

What do you mean? Seattle and the Ravens defense get to play anyway they want. LOL
Originally posted by Giedi:

That's a good point, and the less contact, the less issues with the Head Injury protest folks. Basically it's going to be the Basketball but played with 11 men instead of 5.

Yea the focus on head injuries has changed the rules also.

FF became such a huge business that they catered their rules to it, but I think they need to draw it back some.

Originally posted by NCommand:

What do you mean? Seattle and the Ravens defense get to play anyway they want. LOL

Lol ya it's a shame that the teams that say f*** it and hold every play get away with it. Sea did have a s*** ton of penalties during their run, but they deserved it and got away with way more.
Our young CB's are going to get roasted at times this year, but I think the front 7 will really help them out. The S position will be strong too, so its not like we'll be giving up 50 pts a game.
Last night was a great indication of why secondaries are only as good as their pass rush. Good thing for us, we have a lot of options and if they all look good NE might just come calling with a 1st or 2nd round pick for Armstead or Lynch
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb

I understand that aspect but it's not always the case. Like the Hill 75 yard TD. That was just a perfect play call against NE zone D. Smith released the pass in around 2 seconds because Gilmore was already beat. Only a complete whiff of an OL block and someone getting to Smith before 2 seconds would have prevented that play from a pass rush standpoint. Not even the best pass rushers in the NFL would have stopped that play as long as the OL blocks for 2 seconds.

All good DBs get burned at some point. It's about not getting burned all game.

This thread reminds me of how people in NT said we had good DBs and didn't need Peters. We have Acker and Reaser they said. They're just as good as him they said. Peters gets burned for so many TDs they said.

lol

I understand that aspect but it's not always the case. Like the Hill 75 yard TD. That was just a perfect play call against NE zone D. Smith released the pass in around 2 seconds because Gilmore was already beat. Only a complete whiff of an OL block and someone getting to Smith before 2 seconds would have prevented that play from a pass rush standpoint. Not even the best pass rushers in the NFL would have stopped that play as long as the OL blocks for 2 seconds.

All good DBs get burned at some point. It's about not getting burned all game.

This thread reminds me of how people in NT said we had good DBs and didn't need Peters. We have Acker and Reaser they said. They're just as good as him they said. Peters gets burned for so many TDs they said.

lol
wasn't two seconds. Smiths wind up is around 2 seconds. Thats not counting the time he had to drop back. the time look left and make the safety forget stop then hit Hunt. Plus there was only 3 pass rushers i believe ?
Share 49ersWebzone