LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 137 users in the forums

Su'a Cravens retirement

Shop 49ers game tickets
Dude wants to retire after having been a 2nd rounder a year ago and being the expected starter at strong safety for Washington.

Supposedly the Redskins talked him out of it but he is still expected to be gone.

Despite reports suggesting that Washington safety Su'a Cravens was talked out of retiring, the team's official roster move regarding Cravens suggests he's closer to walking away than staying.

Per a league source, Cravens is on the exempt/left squad list. If he doesn't return within five days of receiving notice from the team regarding the consequences of not returning, he'll be placed on the reserve/left squad list and done for the year.
Oh wow I feel for Washington! He was a promising, versatile player coming out of college and playing last year. Shades of Borland
It's all Borland's fault
Wasn't 9moon in love with this guy
Taking a month off. He's a smart guy, I'm sure he has his long-term health in mind
Originally posted by saniner:
Taking a month off. He's a smart guy, I'm sure he has his long-term health in mind

Football players know what their getting into when they sign up to play, especially in college and in the NFL. So either you fully commit or don't enter the NFL draft
If he needs a month to make that decision than that decision has already been made for him.
[ Edited by captveg on Sep 4, 2017 at 12:15 AM ]
Just glad it wasnt us.
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Football players know what their getting into when they sign up to play, especially in college and in the NFL. So either you fully commit or don't enter the NFL draft

I feel the fan frustration, but I think it's ridiculous when a man tries to tell another grown he doesn't know what to do with his career.
I understand players have to think about their future health wise but it's unfortunate so many kids work their whole life and pray for a chance to become NFL players and don't make it, then there are others who make it and quit..I agree health 1st but I do believe in being grateful for the talents god gave you..

Originally posted by jersey49er:
I understand players have to think about their future health wise but it's unfortunate so many kids work their whole life and pray for a chance to become NFL players and don't make it, then there are others who make it and quit..I agree health 1st but I do believe in being grateful for the talents god gave you..
I think Borland opened Pandoras box. Maybe it wasnt in his heart to play ball . Think he mentioned something about happiness... The NFL Didnt make hime happy. VALLA CON DIOS
Link to Su'a Cravens' retirement speech:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FjWe31S_0g
Originally posted by NinerSickness:
Link to Su'a Cravens' retirement speech:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FjWe31S_0g

That was very heart warming lol
I remember reading that he had a head injury and now he has to wear glasses even though he never had to. Thats probably why.
Originally posted by gold49digger:
I remember reading that he had a head injury and now he has to wear glasses even though he never had to. Thats probably why.

I thought that was Clark Kent.
Share 49ersWebzone