LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 266 users in the forums

Protest idea? NFL related

Shop 49ers game tickets
How about they do some research and see what the political motivations of their sponsors are and either continue to work with them or drop them all together as a result. Oh that's right, then they won't make money and they can't have that despite how incredibly hippocritical.

How about they do something outside work during their off time like the rest of us?
Originally posted by WINiner:
How about they do some research and see what the political motivations of their sponsors are and either continue to work with them or drop them all together as a result. Oh that's right, then they won't make money and they can't have that despite how incredibly hippocritical.

How about they do something outside work during their off time like the rest of us?

the idea is to bring attention to it. and there's no bigger stage, ratings wise at least, as an NFL game. if you had cameras on all you all the time and something was bothering you at work, i have no doubt you would make your point.
Originally posted by titan:
Originally posted by gored49:
Originally posted by Born49R:
Just my take, but as a former combat veteran I hate that the national anthem is played at unimportant stuff like sporting events
whether it be NFL, NASCAR, or whatever.
I don't think that players sitting or protesting the Flag makes there point well enough and doesn't serve much of a purpose no matter what, as most fans don't like it.
Dilutes the message.

This is an interesting take I really haven't heard before. I kind of do like it at football games because it kind of sends the message that while we are rooting for 2 different teams we really are one team. I'm not a combat vet so I feel your opinion has more weight though.

You feel that it's unimportant because you may not know the National Anthem how it is link to the sports world. I may not describe it as clear as I was told, but I feel that you will see how it is linked as a veteran. It has to do with World War 1 Government were drafting Major League player. We entered the War were 100,000 soldiers died within a year and a half. Baseball Players were being drafted to fight at that time, so they were emotionally involved along with the fans and their families.I think it was during the Cubs and Red Sox World series game during the seventh inning stretch were a Military Band was present and started playing The Star Spangled Banner for the first time ever during a game. With some players being also enlisted, they immediately snapped at attention faced the flag to salute. I think this is how it was adopted and overall it's an awesome part of the military history. I can't even imagine what they were going through, but I know what positivity it can bring. When Sept 11, 2001 happened, what an emotional pain that brought. But when the National Anthem would play the feeling and energy it brought to remember, to pay respect and to recharge was indescribable.

Titan, thanks for the info. I knew a little about this but not to that extent. Always good to learn.
Still doesn't change my opinion as I view sports as entertainment and frivolous. I also get it about the 9-11 stuff as well. For a period of time, especially given those events that transpired, I wouldn't have any problem with it. Time and place. I just think it lessens the symbolism when used too much. More impactful when used appropriately, but just mho.

Also gored49, we all be in this together.
To the main point, I respect the rights of the guys to protest, just think there are better and more productive and less divisive ways.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
how about they all go and protest on their own fkn time. go march with whatever side you're supporting. When you're at work, work. Wonder what my boss would think of me protesting in middle of my shift? pussies.
  • titan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
how about they all go and protest on their own fkn time. go march with whatever side you're supporting. When you're at work, work. Wonder what my boss would think of me protesting in middle of my shift? pussies.

LMAO. Protest 4 hrs before lunch. Take lunch in conjunction with your breaks. Protests a little more and go home for the day.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

He'll fire you, unless you make him a crap ton of money, which these players do for the team owners.
Just sent off my payment for NFL Sunday Ticket , I was going to say , Don't pay for the sunday ticket this year , and dont buy any team merchandise ....but there I was,Mailing off a money order for the games , and sipping coffee out of my new 49ers Coffee mug
https://youtu.be/xzpndHtdl9A
What are they protesting for? White people have a higher chance of being shot by the police during a police encounter than blacks. Also, whites are the least racist race on the planet, and it's not even close. But it's OK to be racist when you're every other race because it was white people who made the United States the most powerful and successful nation on earth, therefore all those with severe self-esteem deficits try to promote those they view as inferior over those they view as strong, in an effort to feel better about themselves by living vicariously through other people they view as somehow "weak" being put on top.
[ Edited by SolomonsLithp on Aug 26, 2017 at 6:55 PM ]

Originally posted by TonyStarks:

Hard to trust these things especially on a site anyone can make stuff up on. I've seen the exact same thing for both sides of any controversial rally as a way to blame the other side.
As an army veteran who is a die hard niner fan. I know how important the military is to my island of American Samoa. For many it is the way off the island and for a better life. I remember riding and dying with my red and gold waving while deployed overseas in Amman Jordan and again in Afghanistan in 2007. I didn't care they weren't good I was raised on them and they were life. However serving and living overseas I have come to see that no matter how bad people want to tell me it is here in America I cannot agree with them when I have seen how other live in other parts of the world. I've attended a few rallies in Berkeley recently to see just what was happening and all the people yelling and beating and rioting are all the same people telling me we need to kneel for the anthem or we're racists and bigots. I look at many of these masked individuals and wonder if they ever had to put their lives in the hands of a white, black, Mexican, Indian, Muslim or even gay person as I have had to for my own safety. I'm tired of seeing the divide in this nation, tired of whites in masks telling me I am racist because I love my country. I have come to the realization that without the NFL America persists but without this America many have fought for the NFL ceases to exist.

I do support your right to take a knee on the only time put aside to recognize everything our country got right. I support your right to sit while we stand. But I do have to ask....if this was about police brutality why do this during the anthem? Wouldn't it be ether served going to the source? Wouldn't it be more clear doing this at the police stations around the country? im a niner fan for life but I will always choose the memory of those that fought beside and died for me. Protest it's your right. You wouldn't be doing this in many African countries like Mozambique, Libya, Ethiopia or many others without a gun in your hand.
Originally posted by kstolai:
As an army veteran who is a die hard niner fan. I know how important the military is to my island of American Samoa. For many it is the way off the island and for a better life. I remember riding and dying with my red and gold waving while deployed overseas in Amman Jordan and again in Afghanistan in 2007. I didn't care they weren't good I was raised on them and they were life. However serving and living overseas I have come to see that no matter how bad people want to tell me it is here in America I cannot agree with them when I have seen how other live in other parts of the world. I've attended a few rallies in Berkeley recently to see just what was happening and all the people yelling and beating and rioting are all the same people telling me we need to kneel for the anthem or we're racists and bigots. I look at many of these masked individuals and wonder if they ever had to put their lives in the hands of a white, black, Mexican, Indian, Muslim or even gay person as I have had to for my own safety. I'm tired of seeing the divide in this nation, tired of whites in masks telling me I am racist because I love my country. I have come to the realization that without the NFL America persists but without this America many have fought for the NFL ceases to exist.

I do support your right to take a knee on the only time put aside to recognize everything our country got right. I support your right to sit while we stand. But I do have to ask....if this was about police brutality why do this during the anthem? Wouldn't it be ether served going to the source? Wouldn't it be more clear doing this at the police stations around the country? im a niner fan for life but I will always choose the memory of those that fought beside and died for me. Protest it's your right. You wouldn't be doing this in many African countries like Mozambique, Libya, Ethiopia or many others without a gun in your hand.
I see the same posters that say "keep politics out of sports! Sit on your own time, I'm sick of this!" in every single politics thread that pops up lol. If you don't want to talk politics with sports, then avoid it, don't go looking for it!
Sick and tired of these protests occurring anywhere near the start of a football game...tired of having to step away from the T.V., tired of hearing the announcers talking about it and singling out the protestors, and tired of reading about it (tweets, articles, etc.) when I want to watch and read about football, my favorite sport by far, and my favorite team, the Niners. Keep politics (and religion for that matter) out of football/sports! What's next, another cause that some other protesting players might find equally as important to conduct during the anthem? I know this will all blow over soon (hopefully, Trump won't continue to stoke the fire), but I also hope this doesn't open the door for future protests of different kinds going forward for people to "express" themselves during the anthem and/or anywhere near the beginning of or during the course of a game (feel free to do it after a game when some of the players are kneeling in prayer).
[ Edited by LottDMontanaO on Sep 26, 2017 at 10:31 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone