LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 306 users in the forums

Kendrick Bourne-WR-Now a NE Patriot

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Dshearn:
Kittle for any pass catcher in the league is a no go.

Kittle is a walking mismatch that can define an offense.

I was very impressed with Kittle development. I don't really view him as just a TE, last year he was all over the place. He's so smooth in catching the pass and generating RAC's - kinda reminds me a bit of Kellen Winslow. He wreaked defense in those underneath routes, and at the same time, he had the speed to burn defenses deep. Same with Dave Casper.

As for Bourne, for him to make the team, and let alone *lead* the team from an UDFA position, strikes me as a positive. If he lead the team last year as (I think) a 2nd year player - he should be able to improve again as much this year, even with all the new talent from the draft. I'm optimistic about Bourne, he remdinds me of Dwight Clark from a long shot point of view.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
he's not gonna make the roster because we drafted two WRs high and I doubt they cut taylor cuz he's white, like Welker. Bourne gonna ball out elsewhere.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
he's not gonna make the roster because we drafted two WRs high and I doubt they cut taylor cuz he's white, like Welker. Bourne gonna ball out elsewhere.

I think he's a good player and will play on some team in the NFL this year if not ours. I'd love to package him with BeatHard and get a 7th rounder for Kyle to play with. We shall see. I remember Tom Holemo, and I remember how he wasn't making the team until he had three interceptions in pre-season - made the team and was a big part of a couple of championships for us from then on in. I can see Kendrick making some unreal catches and having Hurd or Debo getting a hangnail injury in pre-season and getting IR'ed.
KB has the physical talent, but he seems a bit goofy mentally. Might be one of those guys that needed an extra year to get the mental aspect of playing WR down, especially in Kyle's offense.

Could be KB's breakout year. Or he could be another Cedrick Wilson.
I always felt that any player with enough talent to get invited to an NFL camp and then make the team has got the ability to be good. There is no question in my mind that the mental part is what separates the good players from the bench guys, no matter what sport. I'm not talking about the truly great players that have not only the mental but also superior athletic ability. I'm talking about the average player. Let's face it these guys are all good athletes or they would never make it this far. Some just aren't able to take it to the highest level. It's like they wilt when they finally have to face guys as good or better than they are. They can't just rely on athletic ability anymore and they aren't mentally prepared to overcome that.
Originally posted by Giedi:

I think he's a good player and will play on some team in the NFL this year if not ours. I'd love to package him with BeatHard and get a 7th rounder for Kyle to play with. We shall see. I remember Tom Holemo, and I remember how he wasn't making the team until he had three interceptions in pre-season - made the team and was a big part of a couple of championships for us from then on in. I can see Kendrick making some unreal catches and having Hurd or Debo getting a hangnail injury in pre-season and getting IR'ed.

Tom Holmoe ??,
If so I remember him too. He wore #28 his rookie year, made team but wiffed on 2 long run mis-tackles of rookie Eric Dickerson in rams game dat year. Got cut, but came back , wearing #46, and played like a mad man !! I remember dat guy too
Think this kid makes the final roster.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
I always felt that any player with enough talent to get invited to an NFL camp and then make the team has got the ability to be good. There is no question in my mind that the mental part is what separates the good players from the bench guys, no matter what sport. I'm not talking about the truly great players that have not only the mental but also superior athletic ability. I'm talking about the average player. Let's face it these guys are all good athletes or they would never make it this far. Some just aren't able to take it to the highest level. It's like they wilt when they finally have to face guys as good or better than they are. They can't just rely on athletic ability anymore and they aren't mentally prepared to overcome that.

I agree. It's like high school going to college. Everybody that gets to college have the ability to get good grades and graduate, but statistically only 2/3rd do. What happened to the lower 1/3rd?

It's like they achieved their goal of getting to college, and that's it. They never had a goal of graduating from college.

I think it's the same thing in the NFL. Like you said, everybody invited to camp has the physical ablity to play in the NFL, but only the mentally ready and prepared - excel. Like Pita Tamupenuo - his dream was to make it into the NFL (as his Grand Dad encouraged him to do so)but once he got into the NFL - I don't think he had the mentallity to push past that and become the Edge he could have been. He was paid a millon or two - for a low round rookie, and that possibly took the mental edge off and now he's not on the team anymore. Once you are satisfied and not hungry anymore, you get lazy and fall out. Wherever you are - whether you are an employee at a large company, sports, or as a entreprenur.
Originally posted by Giedi:
I agree. It's like high school going to college. Everybody that gets to college have the ability to get good grades and graduate, but statistically only 2/3rd do. What happened to the lower 1/3rd?

It's like they achieved their goal of getting to college, and that's it. They never had a goal of graduating from college.

I think it's the same thing in the NFL. Like you said, everybody invited to camp has the physical ablity to play in the NFL, but only the mentally ready and prepared - excel. Like Pita Tamupenuo - his dream was to make it into the NFL (as his Grand Dad encouraged him to do so)but once he got into the NFL - I don't think he had the mentallity to push past that and become the Edge he could have been. He was paid a millon or two - for a low round rookie, and that possibly took the mental edge off and now he's not on the team anymore. Once you are satisfied and not hungry anymore, you get lazy and fall out. Wherever you are - whether you are an employee at a large company, sports, or as a entreprenur.

It's easy for most of these guys all their life. The best athlete in their grammar school. Standout in high school. You go to college and 1/2 the teams you play in college are cup cakes that are on the schedule to beat. Then you go to the NFL and some aren't prepared for not only the level of play where everyone is really good but now you are on your own and not being coddled by the school that recruited you. Suddenly your talent doesn't impress everyone and you just aren't ready for it. The world is full of athletes who were great at some level but didn't have that extra drive and mental toughness that it took to make the next level. This is one reason I will never call any of these guys a bum or a loser. To get that far puts them way ahead of what me or most anyone else on this forum ever accomplished.

I am assuming that was a joke, but we don't keep TT because he's white...we keep him because just like Welker, he gets open...oh, and catches the ball.

A caveat tho, is that he used to do that. And then developed back trouble, which took him out of lineup. So if we don't keep him, and instead keep Bourne, it will be because TT didn't get his back healed, and couldn't play. In that case, Bourne [i]could[i] get the nod.

Like Giedi, if Bourne doesn't catch on here, he will elsewhere. One of my complaints about drafting more WRs is that it means we are going to have to cut at least one starter and maybe two. Hurd stays. Deebo definitely stays. And we can't keep 10 or 12 WRs. A couple starters are going to get cut and start elsewhere. That was one of my concerns when we drafted Deebo...and then, especially with Hurd...there goes a couple WR starters.
[ Edited by pasodoc9er on Jul 8, 2019 at 2:57 PM ]

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
I am assuming that was a joke, but we don't keep TT because he's white...we keep him because just like Welker, he gets open...oh, and catches the ball.

A caveat tho, is that he used to do that. And then developed back trouble, which took him out of lineup. So if we don't keep him, and instead keep Bourne, it will be because TT didn't get his back healed, and couldn't play. In that case, Bourne [i]could[i] get the nod.

Like Giedi, if Bourne doesn't catch on here, he will elsewhere. One of my complaints about drafting more WRs is that it means we are going to have to cut at least one starter and maybe two. Hurd stays. Deebo definitely stays. And we can't keep 10 or 12 WRs. A couple starters are going to get cut and start elsewhere. That was one of my concerns when we drafted Deebo...and then, especially with Hurd...there goes a couple WR starters.

who cares if we have to cut a starter.... if three new guys beat out three of "our guys" who cares . last years wide out group was the most underwheming group in the nfl and something needed to be done. now i will be pissed if hurd starts out unable to play
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
WE KEEPIN...

SUN SCREEN
HEIR JORDAN
TOWERING INFERNO
CHUBBY DEEVAH
IMPULSE
CRAZY LEGS

MAD MAX - IR (FUTURE PLAYER)
BULLSEYE - IR (FUTURE PLAYER)

BOURNE - GOIN TO GREEN BAY IF NOT SEATTLE